Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm looking to build a little pauper deck collection in paper form so my friends and I can just grab some decks and play. So far I've got a pretty huge list of decks and I'm trying to figure out which ones to build first.

R Goblins
G Stompy
U Delver
B Mono-black Control
UB Angler Delver
UB Teachings
UR Izzet Blitz
GU Freed from the Real http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/freed-from-the-real-aleco-pors-2nd-place/
GW Midnight Gond / Soul Sisters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8HfW6luYGQ
GW Slivers
WRG Bogles
URG Affinity
WUR Jeskai Kuldotha
UBR Eggs
GWB Tortured Existence

I thought I'd start with the bold decks to get the most variety, but I'm not sure. Anyone have suggestions or additions? And yes, I realize GW Slivers may not be super competitive but it's going to be my dumb pet deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Boco_T posted:

If you want to add W to the list, the White Weenie deck seems to be pretty competitive thanks to Elite Vanguard and Thraben Inspector. https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pauper-w-29490

Freed from the Real seems like a sweet as hell deck.
I'll probably do something like that deck or a derpy Rebels deck for mono-white at some point.

Agreed, Freed from the Real looks silly yet dope.

PJOmega posted:

Depending on your friends group you may want to put Elves over Stompy, since some people love Elves and huge/huge kills.
Noted. I'll poll them and see if anyone has preferences.

suicidesteve posted:

Hot take: UWR Metalcraft is a really bad deck. Build Grixis Metalcraft instead.
Something like this?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Teaching seems like a decent control deck, but I can see bogles being unfun.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
For what it's worth, I decided the first four pauper decks I'm building are mono black control, Izzet blitz, affinity, and white weenie. I'll add to this collection in a week or two with something like Angler-Delver, Elves, and that goofy Freed from the Real combo deck. Whee, cheap decks!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Is there a good control deck on pauper? I have some midrange, combo, and aggro decks buy mono B just isn't able to keep up. I saw some weird Myr Servitor deck but it looks kind of janky.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm going to put together a tron deck since the recent bannings made like 4 of my pauper box decks illegal (rip). I could use help picking a list/tron archetype, though.

I don't really want to do mono-green since the big draw for me in tron is Mulldrifter, Dinrova Horror, etc. The idea of ramping into Ulamog's Crusher is appealing, but not necessary. I found this list and I'm leaning toward starting with it: http://pauperwave.altervista.org/playing-tron-with-fire-ice/

I like that it has actual wincons (Dinrova beats, Rolling Thunder) instead of just boring the opponent to death or trying to win with a 2/2 flyer. Any feedback from you pauper wizards?

[edit] Are tron lists off of Ancient Stirrings these days? Or is that only in lists with stuff like Wretched Griff/Ulamog's Crusher so your stirrings can hit tron/artifacts/threat?

Aranan fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 2, 2019

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Good point about Fire//Ice. Would something like this build be better in your opinion?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Amusingly, my search for recent pauper tron chatter on the internet found a reddit thread from like 3 days ago where multiple people linked your YouTube channel and said to do what you do. I guess the real Hellsau move is to not play :v:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Ban Tron, ban Astrolabe, unban Hymn to Tourach you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Ban enough things until tortured existence is good