Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is Guardian of the Guildpact still good enough to be maindeckable in Boros? I'm looking at my old pauper decks online and trying to get my friends to build some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cactrot posted:

I hope hellsau gets results consistently enough that Tron gets banned.

You know they would just ban stonehorn.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Speaking of MBC, I've been puttering around with it on Magic online and I still love it. Even if I will never get Oubliettes in paper until they are reprinted. I actually thought about pulling the trigger on them from CFB when they were 25 each, but then when I went to finally check out a couple days later they were over 40.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Silhouette posted:

I ain't afraid of no Fog

Suicide Black is all about trading security for raw speed and power, so small setbacks shouldn't really disrupt the deck's tempo.

edit: also, there are 10 discard spells in the deck including 4 Duress, so fog-likes aren't really a concern

moments peace has flashback

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Can anyone join these events? What time do they start on Sunday?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah I was talking about the challenges. Sounds like ever participating in them would be hard for me because that's 2 AM sunday night where I am.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Burn? Thermo-Alchemists with Ghitu Lavarunners, try running Thunderous Wraths with Magma Jet as well? Make sure they don't hit Pulse of Murasa and you'll win.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Or reprint Oubliette

Mono B 4 lyfe

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If it can fit on a card in MTGO, it can be done in paper. Oubliette has 72 words and Animate Dead has 68, they can figure it out. I am usually a Maro defender but gently caress off.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

Counterpoint, MBC sucks and Arabian Nights Oubliettes are beautiful so you'd want to get the good looking ones either way.

I had the choice to buy some yesterday and bought Ensnaring Bridges instead, am I a bad person For Mill in Modern

I also spent 15 bucks on the textless Sign in Bloods so you know I'm going all in. MBC in paper is literally my most blinged out deck in terms of foils, using all Unstable swamps, and signatures. Help me

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 17, 2018

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I blame Hellsau for my degenerate magic addiction

Also picked up some of these :getin:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A healthy and active program

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jabor posted:

Rat Colony is very very mediocre in pauper. You will not have a good time.

This is arena pauper where it can just overrun a bunch of other decks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Where are you playing that allows Hymn, and does it also allow goblin grenade

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They'd ban Prism before Tron, you know that.

I'm going to GP Taipei this weekend and they have a scheduled pauper event every day. I'm bringing several decks and will try to force people to play to make sure they fire.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Only 2 people signed up for the paper pauper event at magicfest Taipei. I'm super bummed

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

born on a buy you posted:

I was running the list hellsau posted earlier and my loses against aggro generally came down to “drawing lots of land and filters but nothing else” instead of getting out aggroed

When most of your deck is that, it happens.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

Would you be surprised to know they played Snow-Covered Mountain and Deep Analysis in later games? Note that I did not see a red card or a Snow-Covered Island.

still don't see anything wrong

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

necro would be unplayable in pauper

bullshit, three devotion? blammo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Should I switch to a snow swamp manabase and play Arcum's Astrolabe instead of something like Phyrexian Rager? It makes it painless to splash for Dimir Guildmage's ability. I want to try that sucker out.

I also talked about a week ago trying to do a podcast called Pet Decks in the main MTG thread, and want to do MBC as my first choice brought to the table. The big question first is is MBC too good to be called a "pet deck?" It has been well known and for a time was one of the better decks in the format...4-5 years ago. And with the bannings it is making a comeback.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

LD isn't great against Tron, but it sure as hell is great against the non-Tron grindy decks.

LD is great against decks playing bouncelands more than Tronlands.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

I suspect the various grindy Astrolabe decks would take over. They can't leave Astrolabe around, it just makes the Glint Hawk/Kor Skyfisher decks dramatically more powerful by giving them an actual nut draw.

I played against a deck with a mono-black manabase, playing the 8 Prisms, 4 Hawk, 4 Fisher, and 4 Weather the Storm, 2(looked to be 2, all three games we both got down to 5-6 cards in our libraries) Guardian of the Guildpact. The win con was to gain more life than you and hit Pestilence.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

suicidesteve posted:

They'll ban Expedition Map.

Ban flicker.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BGrifter posted:

Naw, unban Hymn to Tourach and Sinkhole.

Otherwise that seems reasonable.

Unbanning sinkhole would finally give MBC a chance against Tron, so I totally agree.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angry Lobster posted:

Do you keep getting matched with the same south american dude again and again?

There are very few people playing in the leagues for pauper, if you're always playing the same time of day you'll probably play alot of the same people. If you do two leagues in a row there is a good chance I'll play at least the same person in both.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Some Numbers posted:

So, there's a Rags to Riches at Card Kingdom on the 31st. Should I just jam Tron?

I hate Tron and I would say yes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

So you're telling me to unban Sinkhole?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

quote:

The day after taking down the Challenge, Hellsau talks shop; and his opinions may surprise you

I bet they won't

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

Well on the plus side, Mystic Sanctuary will probably get Ghostly Flicker banned.

please

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Framboise posted:

How much worse is flicker tron if ghostly flicker gets banned and replaced with Displace? Still seems like it'd be super broken.

Flickering lands is what makes is the brokenest.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Izzet Delver has been a deck for years, you don't need to play Astrolabe to get into it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah feels bad to mull to 4 to not get that Pauper Cube trophy. Always good to update this thread that some Pauper stuff is still fun.

edit: next league was going to end with me attacking for lethal with and we both had 0 cards in library

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

owns