Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

take out all the creatures

play 4 thunderous wrath 4 magma jet

e: nvm people finally stopped playing non-Keldon Marauder creatures. idk then just add all of the 1 mana 3 damage spells, fireblasts, then jets, then wraths

Legit cannot wait for an opponent to Chittering Rats my opening hand Thunderous Wrath back to the top of my deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Card Kingdom/Mox Boarding House Seattle has their monthly-ish Rags to Riches paper pauper events that pay out in modern/legacy staples. These events usually sell out the tournament room of 64 people.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Gonna play at the Rags to Riches event on Saturday with a pretty stock slivers list because I love to play bad decks, is there any spice for slivers that I should be running instead?

Deck: Slivers

//Lands
4 Blossoming Sands
2 Evolving Wilds
6 Forest
8 Plains

//Spells
3 Epic Confrontation
3 Lead the Stampede
3 Mutagenic Growth
2 Vines of Vastwood

//Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Plated Sliver
4 Predatory Sliver
2 Sentinel Sliver
4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
1 Spinneret Sliver
2 Talon Sliver
4 Virulent Sliver

//Sideboard
3 Natural State
2 Ray of Revelation
2 Pulse of Murasa
2 Hallow
2 Armadillo Cloak
2 Quick Sliver
2 Spinneret Sliver

Display deck statistics

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Matsuri posted:

Part of me always wants to say "run Mana Tithe" because Force Spike in white is something no one ever sees coming, but I myself don't even do that, and with Tron in the meta it kind of feels like a wasted SB slot.

Yeah, the last time I played, the room was pretty heavy on Tron.

Some Numbers posted:

There’s a Rags to Riches this weekend? poo poo, I keep missing those.

Plenty of spots left, cancel your plans and be a dork! Or just plan for the next one on Mar 24.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 1, 2018

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Some Numbers posted:

I actually don't have any plans this weekend, so that's highly tempting.

I need a deck that I can play without any practice that can do decently well.

I still have Pauper Burn sleeved up from the last event, you can borrow that.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

PM'ed you with meetup info.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Slivers confirmed to be bad against bolt.

Also skred.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Was just on camera against UB, already a horrible matchup, started game one on a mull to four, got frustrated and made a hell of a lot of bad plays.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Played till the final round of Swiss to go 4-3, lost to UR delver, UB Control and burn. Beat UR delver, 2 trons and ponza which I did not know was a thing, but turns out is not a thing.

Silvers over performed and just kills tron.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Hellsau posted:

Oh yeah timing out is a real and present danger in basically every matchup. Fortunately the majority of MTGO players are super slow, even with aggro decks, and I'm absurdly fast at MTGO clicks so the only thing I need to worry about is client lag.

Also I got another 5-0 tonight, gonna finish my write-up on the deck with sideboarding guides. The deck is exceptional specifically because I believe it has a favorable Izzet Delver matchup and a substantially favorable Mono-Blue Delver matchup while still crushing all the other grindy decks. The deck is so close to UW Flicker but the matchup tradeoffs are bizarre. Somehow the Swamp/Island matchups are much better (and they were already very favorable aside from Tron/Delver), the Forest/Plains decks are MUCH worse, and Burn is very difficult.

So you're saying GW slivers is a good call for a Tron heavy meta? Because I'm trying to decide between that and Burn.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

ban ghostly flicker

Yeah but Tron too.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I hope hellsau gets results consistently enough that Tron gets banned.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I really love playing slivers in pauper, since it is just the most fun braindead binary of winning vs losing. No complexity, just playing by the numbers fun time.

But then you play the mirror, and that is absolute hell.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I am extremely happy that Goblin Grenade is going to be legal.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Downshift deathrite shaman to common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BGrifter posted:

Welp. Astrolabe ban cost us a few more local paper players. It was enough to get the LGS to cancel Pauper events entirely and go back to holding Commander events twice a week.

Closest paper Pauper event now is over four hours drive by car. RIP

Uh, sounds like your local pauper scene was full of babies if banning a broken card was enough to get them to drop a format.