Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

But in pauper, I can make dumb decks for less than $100 and still win games. I should mention I don't play online at all, and I'm not in it to win it. I just like playing decks that are mechanically fun for me to play. Most other formats have cards that are more expensive than what I'm willing to spend on a dumb idea for a gimmick deck.

All Hellsau is saying is that your approach to the format has nothing to do with the banlist. The banlist is to help make the format fun for the people who do play to win. You can still bring your dumb decks and have fun with them if ephemerate is banned. The format will suffer if people leave it because of degenerate decks. I haven’t played pauper since foil was downshifted, and it made my favorite deck (ub delver angler) the best in the format. It just wasn’t interesting anymore.

I don’t really play to win either, but I do want the format to be fun and interesting and right now it’s not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU