Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

No sense of right or wrong.

Pilsner posted:

Thanks for the tips. :)

I'm really keen on attempting to make what I just learned is called "sock" or "glove" molds, e.i. flexible molds from where the dong can be extracted without cutting. I think a visible seam will ruin the final product, and raises the risk of making a dud.

I just stumbled upon a neat detailed article with quite a different process:

http://blog.polytek.com/2015/07/15/how-to-make-a-rubber-glove-or-sock-mold/

He begins by painting, layer by layer, silicone onto the clay dong - I mean monkey statuette - then surrounds it by PVC pipe, and fills up the void with polyurethane foam to put pressure on the thin mold for later casting. The mold can then be taken out after the cast inside has cured, and peeled off like a glove. Pretty interesting.

I think I will at least experiment with making a one-piece mold using A10 silicone (using your method) and see what happens. Do you think it will flex too much during casting, making an imprecise cast? If I can find some soft PU foam, I might give the method above a shot.

Unless the toy is very tall, it shouldn't flex much at all. Just remember to use enough packing tape - at least one good 20cm-long strip across the seam every 5cm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Hey mate I had a question do you put a clear coat on these because mines peeling a bit and I was wondering if it was ok if I just peel it off.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Hey mate I had a question do you put a clear coat on these because mines peeling a bit and I was wondering if it was ok if I just peel it off.

On one of yours I did - it wasn't glowing as much as I wanted it to, so I put a coat of more glowing silicone on top as an experiment. If it bugs you (or if it's peeling, that's disappointing but it's to be expected for an experiment) go ahead and peel it off; it won't hurt anything.

I also have a spare of that one. It's a bit embarrassing - I didn't like how the first attempt came out so I called it a flop, then made another one (the one you have), then I mixed the two up and ended up painting the wrong one. I guess the lesson is, "label everything."

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Since a couple people have asked via PM, yeah, I've still got fish (and will for the foreseeable future). Puntl orders have died down, though, so I'll get my free time back in time to play Civ 6.

On an unrelated note, it takes some serious dildorigami to fit an extra firm 8" cock 'n balls into a 5" box. I like to imagine the recipient shouts "Booya!" when it pops out like the world's naughtiest jack-in-the-box.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My fiancee let me know that a few people she knows are expressing interest in puntls. I'll PM you if they're serious about it so you can get in contact with them.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Dildomancer posted:

Puntl orders have died down, though, so I'll get my free time back in time to play Civ 6.

Pretty sure you'll get more business come Secret Santa time. Unless my secret Santa has something specific I can datamine, they're getting a puntl

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Dildomancer posted:

Since a couple people have asked via PM, yeah, I've still got fish (and will for the foreseeable future). Puntl orders have died down, though, so I'll get my free time back in time to play Civ 6.

On an unrelated note, it takes some serious dildorigami to fit an extra firm 8" cock 'n balls into a 5" box. I like to imagine the recipient shouts "Booya!" when it pops out like the world's naughtiest jack-in-the-box.

The box should have a spring-loaded mechanism so it slowly rises up like some sort of monolith. Maybe a tiny speaker to play the Inception THWOMM sound at the same time.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I did not shout, but I did giggle like an insane schoolgirl when mine showed up. And then proceeded to run around the house wobbling it at the pets.

I still intend to build a shrine for it...

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

The glow in the dark one got stolen after 30 seconds by my two year old.

Thanks dildomancer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Probably goes without saying but those fish are probably serious choking hazards for an infant, given size and composition. So like, make sure your 2 year old isn't chewing on it?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

Probably goes without saying but those fish are probably serious choking hazards for an infant, given size and composition. So like, make sure your 2 year old isn't chewing on it?

The fish have been the unexpected stars of the thread, and they're also the last thing I'd expect to physically harm someone, but that is a really good point.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

All she's been doing is picking the seam and cuddling it. So I think we're golden.

My wife on the other hand is amazed by the different stiffnesses. She commented, "I'd prefer the more floppy, don't understand why anyone wants the rigid one. But I don't know why I'm asking you, you don't have a vagina". To which I commented that your main audience, I believe, is men. Her face :aaaaa:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A little reading suggests you're only required to include a choking hazard warning on your packaging and advertising if the product is a "toy or game" and "intended for children ages 12 or under." I think the fish are nominally "toys," so you'll have to decide what age of customer they're "intended for." That said, if you included a hazard warning just out of an abundance of caution, that probably wouldn't be hard or expensive. A typical warning is: "WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Game contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years."

The relevant laws are the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) and the Federal Hazardous Substances Act.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

There's been four posts about sex toys and choking hazards without anyone making the obvious joke. I don't know if I'm impressed or disappointed.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Freudian posted:

There's been four posts about sex toys and choking hazards without anyone making the obvious joke. I don't know if I'm impressed or disappointed.

This is a serious thread about art

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Yeah, the big manufacturers include a whole disclaimer sheet with all the stuff the toys aren't intended for. It's all the usual stuff you'd expect - not for food, not a medical device, consult a doctor before dicking, if irritation occurs discontinue use, be cautious, don't give to pets or small children, wash before/after use, basic stuff like that. The firmness samples (like the fish) don't seem to have anything, though, because they're not intended to actually be used for everything. I guess you could make the case that they're toys if there's not a written warning explicitly stating that they are not toys.

Anyway, I tried something unusual on a toy I made last night and it came out pretty neat:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

drat, I really like that - it looks a bit like Neptune.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Freudian posted:

drat, I really like that - it looks a bit like Neptune.

Closer to Uranus, I think.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Oodles posted:

The glow in the dark one got stolen after 30 seconds by my two year old.

Thanks dildomancer.

I think I recognize that bottom fish, it matches my puntl. :3:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dildomancer posted:

Yeah, the big manufacturers include a whole disclaimer sheet with all the stuff the toys aren't intended for. It's all the usual stuff you'd expect - not for food, not a medical device, consult a doctor before dicking, if irritation occurs discontinue use, be cautious, don't give to pets or small children, wash before/after use, basic stuff like that. The firmness samples (like the fish) don't seem to have anything, though, because they're not intended to actually be used for everything. I guess you could make the case that they're toys if there's not a written warning explicitly stating that they are not toys.
Some times manufacturers go a bit overboard with warnings. I've seen a picture someone took of the manual for a chainsaw which explicitly warned against trying to stop the chain with your hand. And I recall my PlayStation 1 manual had a notice saying you shouldn't attach the controller to your face. :downs:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Those warnings exist because someone, somewhere started a lawsuit over it. It's amazing we survive as a species.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Dildomancer posted:

Closer to Uranus, I think.

gently caress YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But with which phallus?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just remember that warnings and disclaimers don't exist to protect consumers or the public. They exist to protect manufacturers from consumers and the public. If you are a manufacturer, you should absolutely view them in that way.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My gift brain came in. Mister GoGo is a certified Cool Dude and is welcome to crash in my guest room for three days or less for free.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Nuevo posted:

bottom fish

Armageddon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Nuevo posted:

I think I recognize that bottom fish, it matches my puntl. :3:

That's the super floppy one my wife was talking about. Does it stand proud or a little droopy?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does your puntl hang low?
Does it wobble to and fro?
Can you tie it in a knot?
Can you tie it in a bow?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Oodles posted:

That's the super floppy one my wife was talking about. Does it stand proud or a little droopy?

Huh, mine used the "soft" silicone, it's squishy but quite firm & stands without much deflection.

Might not be from the same batch after all, or it might just be the thinness of the fish?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

RandomPauI posted:

Can you tie it in a bow?

Oh my god I never thought of "you have my bow" as a pickup line

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I will never look at Legolas the same way again...

MisterGoGo
Jun 16, 2015

the sexual Shiite posted:

My gift brain came in. Mister GoGo is a certified Cool Dude and is welcome to crash in my guest room for three days or less for free.

Oh hell yea. Hope you enjoy it!

As for everyone else who has ordered a brain: I've got a few of yours curing on my table. I'm going to be in New Orleans over the weekend so some will be going out as soon as I get home early next week, and my more recent orders will await a new/faster/easier mold I'm making and will go out later in the week. Everyone who has ordered a brain(s) will have their organ out in the mail at some point during next week.

I also have a couple of defective brains which I'm willing to sell at a deep discount + shipping. One is pretty passable, but not up to my standards and the other one is pretty hosed up but recognizable as a brain. I'll post a picture when I get back. These will sell for $30 + shipping and $35 + shipping. Both are purpleish/realistic.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

MisterGoGo posted:

Oh hell yea. Hope you enjoy it!

As for everyone else who has ordered a brain: I've got a few of yours curing on my table. I'm going to be in New Orleans over the weekend so some will be going out as soon as I get home early next week, and my more recent orders will await a new/faster/easier mold I'm making and will go out later in the week. Everyone who has ordered a brain(s) will have their organ out in the mail at some point during next week.

I also have a couple of defective brains which I'm willing to sell at a deep discount + shipping. One is pretty passable, but not up to my standards and the other one is pretty hosed up but recognizable as a brain. I'll post a picture when I get back. These will sell for $30 + shipping and $35 + shipping. Both are purpleish/realistic.

Super stoked to see mine.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
MisterGoGo, do you only have a brain, or do you have a heart also? Otherwise, do you have a defective brain still? It would go great with a costume of mine.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

The Repo Man posted:

MisterGoGo, do you only have a brain, or do you have a heart also? Otherwise, do you have a defective brain still? It would go great with a costume of mine.

Are you dressing up as a combination lion/scarecrow/tinman? Because if you are, you should throw in "sexy Dorothy" and make the thing even more of a chaotic mess than it already is. :v:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

The Repo Man posted:

Out of context this is a really weird but sick burn

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The Repo Man posted:

Are you going as Jude law or Forrest Whittaker?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

the sexual Shiite posted:

Are you going as Jude law or Forrest Whittaker?

Nathan Wallace from Repo! The Genetic Opera. A terrible movie with some good costume design.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got kind of a sachiel thing going on with the shoulder patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So back to the thread subject, whenever I see artists take commissions on tumblr they usually open X number of commision slots so they don't get overwhelmed. Did you ever do that, Dildomancer, or do you think there is so much competition you would be worried you would lose potential customers?

• Locked thread