Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sethur
Apr 18, 2007
I paid for this account with imaginary internet spaceship money.

Dildomancer posted:

There are a couple ways to make a core:

1) Fill your mold with soft silicone, let it partially cure, upend it and dump out most of the (now very gooey) silicone. Pour firm silicone into the void.
-or-
2) Put a solid object (I use a PVC pipe with the end capped) in the silicone before it cures. Remove after curing (hope you used release agent). Pour firm silicone into the void.

Is there a reason you couldn't just pre-manufacture a firmer core (maybe just a simple tube or cone shape) and then stick that into the softer silicone as it cures? Will the two parts not bond well or something? It seems like it'd be less wasteful than your first option and easier than your second one, since you don't have to remove the placeholder object, and you could even completely submerge it so you don't potentially have different colorations on the base from the different materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethur
Apr 18, 2007
Did you have previous experience in clay modeling, or did you just start from nothing and discover it's not that hard? I just feel like if I tried this I'd spend hundreds of dollars on equipment and materials and then end up unintentionally making nothing but "realistic turd" dildos.

Sethur
Apr 18, 2007
On that note, I've never entirely understood how eggs or the like are supposed to get stuck up there; after all, your colon and anus are made to expel items. I can understand that elongated things like dildos could sort of get wedged sideways and thus jammed, but a smooth elongated oblong shape seems like the absolutely perfect shape to pass smoothly through.

Maybe someone in the medical profession can explain that one to me, because presumably I'm missing some critical piece of knowledge about the quirks of human physiology here.

• Locked thread