Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dildomancer posted:

Ok, so here's the deal with me making a dong for my mom. First off, you need to see the thing, because it's adorable:

My brother was the first in my family to find out about the hobby because we chat and hang out. He later ordered a huge purple glow-in-the-dark dong from me as a gag gift for a yankee swap. He is pretty good at keeping secrets and thank goodness my dad and sister don't know about the hobby because they're uptight, to say the least.

Months later, my mom asked if she could visit my apartment. I did my best to explain why that was not a good idea. Here is an excerpt from the chatlog:

:ohdear: There are naughty things everywhere
:sun: Naughty?
:ohdear: Yup
:sun: such as...
:ohdear: I have a very not-work-safe hobby. Nothing illegal
:sun: and what is that
-Long pause. Note that I am not going to lie to my mom about anything.-
:ohdear: I make custom sex toys
:sun: COOL!!!!!!!

So after a bunch more questions, the conversation was finished and I spent some time pondering the possible effects of my hobby on family reunions.

Christmas was approaching. Every Christmas, in addition to the typical purchased presents, I make handmade gifts for my family: candies, ornaments, photo albums, that kind of thing. Well anyway, my mom IMed me to talk about presents.

:ohdearsass: Your photo book should be getting to me soon, so I can re-ship to you. Sure you don't want anything else?
:sun: one of your handmade toys?
:ohdearsass: oh jeez
:sun: Amazon gift card always good, too. But handmade is my favorite.

I was kind of stunned, so of course I made my embarrassment public and asked Tumblr what I should do. The consensus was, "what are you going to do, refuse to give her what she asked for? Get over it you wuss." So I made the eel pictured above, and she got it along with her photo book. She was very happy with how it turned out.

:sun: Love the eel! I like the way the colors look like real fish skin
:ohdearsass: Yeah, it was fun to make.

Best loving post evar :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread