Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dildomancer posted:

9 packages are going out tomorrow morning. Writing all those addresses got me one heck of a hand cramp. You guys all need to move to shorter-named streets and change your names to Al.

For anyone who is interested in mailing international packages out of the US, beware! The new customs form is twice the size and somewhat more difficult to fill out.

Dildomancer's long-suffering wife checking in here. I just got back from mailing out the latest batch of lore-accurate dongs.

Not only are the customs forms twice as long, there's a lot more going on!

You get 3 carbon copies instead of 1
The post office has to print out 3 shipping labels. One for the package, two(!) for two of the carbon copies
This is in addition to the standard shipping label that all packages get
Then they give you one carbon copy, and have to slip the other two into a plastic sleeve with two sets of adhesives- one to seal the envelope shut and one to attach it to the box

This is after they enter all the information into the computer, which takes about three times as long as it used to.

All in all, I had 3 international packages to mail, and they took longer to process than the 6 domestic ones before them.

I'm not bitching, mind... just felt like chiming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oodles posted:

Why would an American go through all that effort and flying to go to Tenerife? It's a short hop for EU but for you it's like lots of hours of flying. :iiam:

Tons of Americans go to Europe. It's not that much longer to go to Tenerife, is it?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oodles posted:

You've got hot places on your doorstep. Can't compute coming to Europe for that.

Ah OK. I thought it was just the distance that was a factor. If all you're looking for is somewhere hot, then yeah there are plenty of places in the US to go.

However, does the continental US have one of the word's tallest volcanoes? :colbert: You'd have to go to like, Hawaii for that, and Hawaii is way farther out than Tenerife.

EDIT: Anyway, best not to derail further. You can PM me if you really want to talk more about why on Earth an American would want to go to Tenerife.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 20, 2016

• Locked thread