Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Carmant posted:

How do I get disability

Apparently it's easy to get if you have "Anxiety" even, yet I'm still in the midst of getting on my income support due to my Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension giving me the inability to work properly.

Typically to apply for it at least where I live you need to go to a works office, apply for it, speak with a worker, get put on income assistance for a year or so until they review your application and medical forms proving that you cannot work, if they think you can work then they'll can you and throw you back into telling you to get a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Poodge posted:

Apparently it's easy to get if you have "Anxiety" even, yet I'm still in the midst of getting on my income support due to my Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension giving me the inability to work properly.

Typically to apply for it at least where I live you need to go to a works office, apply for it, speak with a worker, get put on income assistance for a year or so until they review your application and medical forms proving that you cannot work, if they think you can work then they'll can you and throw you back into telling you to get a job.

Ive got.. err.. depression

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don Tacorleone posted:

If you're close to my age (sorry), I will describe No Man's Sky in one sentence for you: A Yes album cover by Roger Dean with music by Vangelis.

For the rest of you, let's keep going, and this isn't going to be an exhaustive gameplay discussion, because you can find those all over the place.

Let's pretend that you never read a word about No Man's Sky. Had no idea what it was about. One day, a disc appears in the mail and all it says is "Play Me".

You decide to follow instructions.

When the game is installed, you wait to play until the house is dark and quiet. You shut the door, put on headphones, and press "Play".

Your mind proceeds to get blown. Fully, irretrievably blown.

Awe.

Back in gaming's early days, we overlooked the minor in pursuit of the major. Today, we micro-analyze the minor to invalidate the major.

Don't do that with this game.

It's stunningly, staggeringly beautiful. The experience is almost hypnotic.

I could write many words about how NMS might be even better if it was different here and here and there, but those words do not matter.

The game is bigger than all of those words.

It's more like playing as an accountant listening to Yes and daydreaming about rocking out on stage with them while he's at work.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

NESguerilla posted:

It's more like playing as an accountant listening to Yes and daydreaming about rocking out on stage with them while he's at work.
I want to believe they are going to either hire some people to patch the heck out of it and by this time next year its going to be what it should have been on launch or just sell the tech to another company that has some kind of idea how to make that kind of procedural mess fun.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Star Citizen is looking better and better (but also creepy and lovely at the same time but living up to its promise)

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Carmant posted:

Ive got.. err.. depression

I do as well, it's all on how they review your application, they'll do a test on you usually and if you've had an IQ test done and if you scored high then it'll delay the process in getting put on disability, but they usually will put you on income support until then.
I don't know if depression would count though in that, you usually have to get a note from the doctor stating "Because of your medical issues/history, you are unable to work."
My IIH causes me to be incredibly sensitive to light and I tend to get migraines, if I stand up too long or start doing strenuous work then I start getting ill as well as if my anxiety kicks in it just makes my IIH worse.
I have to take Zofran pretty much everyday to deal with the nausea unfortunately from this condition. My boyfriend doesn't want me working either because of my medical condition as much as I want a job because it's lovely and boring staying inside all day in my personal opinion.
But yeah, basically you can get on it but if you plan on getting a job they'll boot you off the program, they also tend to ask you who you're living with and the income you receive is judged by how many people are living with you or if you sign up on the program on your own or with another person, I had my boyfriend sign up with me for my income support while I have my Disability application reviewed, so while I wait for that to be completed I receive 950.00 a month (800 of it goes to rent unfortunately.) because we signed up together rather than the normal 650.00 I'd get if I signed up on my own.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Don Tacorleone posted:

If you're close to my age (sorry), I will describe No Man's Sky in one sentence for you: A Yes album cover by Roger Dean with music by Vangelis.

For the rest of you, let's keep going, and this isn't going to be an exhaustive gameplay discussion, because you can find those all over the place.

Let's pretend that you never read a word about No Man's Sky. Had no idea what it was about. One day, a disc appears in the mail and all it says is "Play Me".

When the game is installed, you wait to play until the house is dark and quiet. You shut the door, put on headphones, and press "Play".

Awe.

Back in gaming's early days, we overlooked the minor in pursuit of the major. Today, we micro-analyze the minor to invalidate the major.

I could write many words about how NMS might be even better if it was different here and here and there, but those words do not matter.

can't you just do the same thing by putting on some ambient music and starting up Space Engine or even Celestia and not parting with $40 or whatever this thing costs?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If that's exactly what this game is, why not just smoke some weed and look at some slowly looping gifs of fractals till your delivery food comes? After that, nap.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

maybe read a book and learn something and you can listen to whatever music and maybe put on a lava lamp nearby

maybe stare into a fireplace and think about whatever for a while

actually that sounds good

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
No, don't do anything that involves any actual thought. Get hosed up on substances and stare into some shiny lights. It's honestly, honestly better that way.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So are there cool civilizations and stuff on these planets??? Like big Sky scrapers???? That would be cool :allears:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

8 track betamax posted:

So are there cool civilizations and stuff on these planets??? Like big Sky scrapers???? That would be cool :allears:

That would be cool but NMS doesn't have that.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Awe.

my name is roger dean and i have a big roger dean painting, not hung up but its sitting in a closest waiting for the right time

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Don Tacorleone posted:

Awe.

Typically game graphics whore. Your kind are a cancer on the industry.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm working on Even Less of a Man's Sky that uses a 128 bit seed. You thought 18 quintillion worlds was a lot, well 340 undecillion worlds is way more.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you dont even gotta buy this game just look up and, boom, theres already a space

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
i still don't have this game but the only person I know irl who has been enjoying it is also excited for star citizen and thinks it's going to be a real game so I don't think I want it any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
this game would be so much better if you could have sex with all the aliens

• Locked thread