Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

You don't revisit systems because whether you are on the atlas path or heading to the center of the galaxy you're always moving forward. It is a space hobo simulator. Your ship is your home, which I think is really where they should have put some attention; ship building, ship customization, but no, you just wait until you find a better ship you can afford and jump into that like a space hermit crab.

If you started out in a space RV and got to upgrade it then I might actually be interested in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

If only there were a game out there where you could play with other people, buy or build your own base/spaceship and have your friends be the crew on that spaceship and also the game is a first person shooter with seamless transitions between spaceflight and planet exploration.

I would pay thousands of dollars for a game like that.

i'd play the hell out of a game like that but i'd still just pay up to $60 one time fee for it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there's no incentive to make a really complex game like that that is really multiple games wrapped into one unified concept though when they could just make a grindy addictive pay-per-month or whatever game instead at a fraction of the cost and risk

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Video games are becoming really bad and only the Japanese can save us.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Japanese only play mobile games now. All the devs are just pandering to western audiences.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it's almost as if space games were abandoned in the 90s for some reason

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What if the game had... wormholes?!? :captainpop:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Restart Steam, it's out.

A bunch of people are making fun of it because the download is only 2.5 gigs. The actual size is 6.7. Still pretty small for a modern game but the size of the download just means that they actually bothered to compress it well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Lol if you buy NMS on Steam rather than GOG dot com. Actually lol if you buy any game on steam that's available on GOG.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Update: son is playing red dead again after a few days of nms and getting bored. Worst early birthday present ever! Jeesh dad....

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also I almost gave into buying it just now but the gog reviews finally turned me off for real.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

King of Bees posted:

Update: son is playing red dead again after a few days of nms and getting bored. Worst early birthday present ever! Jeesh dad....

Red dead redemption is no lie my favorite game ever so he made a good choice

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
What's his name!?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i bought red baron 3d off GOG instead and was not disappointed

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

SPACE ERRANDS: THE GAME

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My cat is really sick and I've already dropped like a grand on him trying to fix his kitty pancreas or whatever so I think I'm gonna skip this space turd thank you very much.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I got a refund and used the money to get 2 large pepperoni pizzas, a 6 pack of decent beer, and an indy game that I'll probably never play.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Thunder Moose posted:

I got a refund and used the money to get 2 large pepperoni pizzas, a 6 pack of decent beer, and an indy game that I'll probably never play.
NOICE!!! what game??

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Yossarian posted:

Red dead redemption is no lie my favorite game ever so he made a good choice

I like it but I can't stand the load times on PS3 so unless they port it to PC I'm never finishing it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Now I just wanna play Starbound.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i bought red baron 3d off GOG instead and was not disappointed

i like pizza

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im still really digging rebel galaxy and playing star trek at the same time an pretending it's my crew is fun it's weird when they are on planets though because I'm still just flying around?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

im still really digging rebel galaxy and playing star trek at the same time an pretending it's my crew is fun it's weird when they are on planets though because I'm still just flying around?

i got a refund on that game because it wasn't grabbing me at all

i like that artemis bridge sim but i don't know anyone that plays it any more

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i just really dig big open sandboxes like I've said so rebel galaxy is neat plus it was free from ps plus this month and I really love the combat from. Black flag an it's basically that in space

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

King of Bees posted:

Your son is cooler than you and you've turned into the retarded dad who always buys the wrong thing

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Don Tacorleone posted:

Your son is cooler than you and you've turned into the retarded dad who always buys the wrong thing

Listen dipshit. It was his birthday list present. He got suckered like every one else. I jus t happened to pay for it. I'll smash your head against a fire hydrant.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

King of Bees posted:

Listen dipshit. It was his birthday list present. He got suckered like every one else. I jus t happened to pay for it. I'll smash your head against a fire hydrant.

Sorry I only talk to cool posters

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

King of Bees posted:

gently caress you, dad!

cheap fucker, even had to pay for my own account.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Most exciting thing in this game is finding a wrecked spaceship with more inventory spaces. Biggest monster I've seen is about a bit smaller than a carno from ark. Also I got free gun because the testicles mouth monster wanted me to buy it's smuggled goods using iron oxide

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

Most exciting thing in this game is finding a wrecked spaceship with more inventory spaces. Biggest monster I've seen is about a bit smaller than a carno from ark. Also I got free gun because the testicles mouth monster wanted me to buy it's smuggled goods using iron oxide

The Rick and Morty mod for NMS got out fast!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, in what sense are the goods "smuggled?" Are there customs ships you have to elude?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Don Tacorleone posted:

Sorry I only talk to cool posters

:(

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hey OP I bought bonmans Sky

I did you a favor by not buying it for you, it loving sucks so bad

I spawned in a planet full of drones with a broken starship and I kept dying until my mining beam stopped firing

Game sucks

By contrast, doom 2016 is amazing and you punch demons in the face, so buy that instead

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Total playtime : 15 minutes

People waited years for this piece of crap. Videogame fans are amazing

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

HamsterPolice posted:

More like No Guy Buy.

is that you, dunkey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgfxo3CLdNM

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I bought shovel knight and quake 2

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Quake 1 is awesome with Dark Places, makes it look cool

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mafia II is loving fantastic, unlike this piece of poo poo apparently

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whoodda thunk that a game with no story, no handcrafted levels, no challenge, no characters and no gameplay would be... dull??? :captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zzulu posted:

whoodda thunk that a game with no story, no handcrafted levels, no challenge, no characters and no gameplay would be... dull??? :captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

The only reason I didn't preorder (I have 116 hours on elite dangerous, I don't mind flying around empty space), is that I remember Spore, and saw that this game leaned really, really heavily on procedural generation like Spore did. I may still get this game once it's cheaper, which will be soon by the sound of things.

• Locked thread