Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's in space bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've been wanting to buy No Man's Sky but the build-up for it was a bit sketchy and it might not live up to its hype.

I still want to believe because it looks like minecraft...but with SPACESHIIIIIPS!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Spaceships aren't even real bro

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I want to believe, you can't take that dream away from me!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It's not really like minecraft because you can't build a house.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Don Tacorleone posted:

Spaceships aren't even real bro

:psyduck:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it should have been telling that, when the devs started their livestream the other day, they kept getting distracted and just farming asteroids

they then admitted they routinely get in trouble in the office for only shooting asteroids all day

i suspect its because thats the most interesting thing to do in the game

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Slammed In The Butt By No Man's Sky Hype
by Chuck Tingle

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

notZaar posted:

Lmao, I just looked this up. I'm glad the Japanese monopoly over jackoff games is being toppled.

Literal masturbation is better than figurative masturbation in every way except, possibly, smells.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So far what I'm getting from reading No Man's Sky's FAQs and watching the trailers is that the player character is not a sexy female cyborg with a phat rear end and high heels. Also, it's not possible to interact with other players even though that's something players in Minecraft have been able to do for nearly a decade?
I think I'll pass.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's out today has anyone bought it yet?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Applewhite posted:

It's out today has anyone bought it yet?

no, no one has bought it. it looks terrible

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
it's a tedious waste of time. they made a math equation then wrapped it in the most basic all chore-no payoff minecraft bs gameplay ever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Can I at least build a castle in it?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ain't no loving di-no-saurs. I was promised di-no-saurs.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

it's a tedious waste of time. they made a math equation then wrapped it in the most basic all chore-no payoff minecraft bs gameplay ever.

Spore had more gameplay.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
this is why xbone is the best console they dont put up with poo poo games at microsoft

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Procedurally generated deterministic universe holly smokes that sounds trippy

Far out !!!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

reallivedinosaur posted:

this is why xbone is the best console they dont put up with poo poo games at microsoft

probably can't play no mans sky on it anyway since xbone has the wrong RAM

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What about now is it good yet?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

What about now is it good yet?

yes buy the collector's edition you won't regret it

there's a reason it's popularly called 'all man's buy!'

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm glad sam made this thread because now I get to laugh at how bad this game is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I haven't been following from announcement until today-- this is another case of manboys being easily bait-and-switched by a game developer clearly lying out of his rear end with wild promises, yes?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I haven't been following from announcement until today-- this is another case of manboys being easily bait-and-switched by a game developer clearly lying out of his rear end with wild promises, yes?

Actually the dev was upfront and honest but that didn't stop everybody from convincing themselves this game was going to be something completely different and awesome.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think the whole point of this game would be for it to have multiplayer and the fact that it lacks that is a huge letdown.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I think the whole point of this game would be for it to have multiplayer and the fact that it lacks that is a huge letdown.

-reddit

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only interesting thing you can do in this game is discover new planets and animals and name them all "clown fart" idk why you would spend $60 on this

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Why are people even disappointed about lack of multiplayer? Boy this game sure is boring and has no gameplay, but if only my friends were here so we can be bored and do nothing together!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, no base building? That's the only thing that makes Minecraft even slightly worthwhile. Without that it seems like the whole game is just combat/exploration oriented Minecraft.

They should have called this game "No tits, no base building, no multiplayer man's sky."

If only there were a game out there where you could play with other people, buy or build your own base/spaceship and have your friends be the crew on that spaceship and also the game is a first person shooter with seamless transitions between spaceflight and planet exploration.

I would pay thousands of dollars for a game like that.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wow, this looks like a really badly designed game. You shouldn't buy it at release or preorder it.

~bye~

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Stuffguyman posted:

Why are people even disappointed about lack of multiplayer? Boy this game sure is boring and has no gameplay, but if only my friends were here so we can be bored and do nothing together!!

You could shoot at each other and form trade leagues and stuff and get into gang rumbles like Eve online.

Normally I hate multiplayer but in sandbox/crafting games, having other people see what you've built is a huge motivator.

I used to enjoy Minecraft a lot but after like the tenth time I built a totally boss fortress and filled it with treasures, I realized it was all pointless without someone to share it with.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Also, no base building? That's the only thing that makes Minecraft even slightly worthwhile. Without that it seems like the whole game is just combat/exploration oriented Minecraft.

They should have called this game "No tits, no base building, no multiplayer man's sky."

If only there were a game out there where you could play with other people, buy or build your own base/spaceship and have your friends be the crew on that spaceship and also the game is a first person shooter with seamless transitions between spaceflight and planet exploration.

I would pay thousands of dollars for a game like that.

base building doesn't really fit with the game because you never really revisit systems, and black holes are one way so in a lot of cases you can't visit a previous system even if you wanted to. could use some titties though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/Mgfxo3CLdNM

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

More like No Guy Buy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

base building doesn't really fit with the game because you never really revisit systems, and black holes are one way so in a lot of cases you can't visit a previous system even if you wanted to. could use some titties though.

You don't revisit systems because you don't have a cool base there to come back to. In its present state NMS is just a space hobo simulator.

In its ideal form, NMS would be something more akin to a 3D Starbound where players share a persistent universe and there are awesome space battles (something Starbound sorely lacks)

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Applewhite posted:

You could shoot at each other and form trade leagues and stuff and get into gang rumbles like Eve online.

Normally I hate multiplayer but in sandbox/crafting games, having other people see what you've built is a huge motivator.

I think what you're describing is a game called Star Citizen

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kikkelivelho posted:

I think what you're describing is a game called Star Citizen

Never heard of it. When did it come out?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

You don't revisit systems because you don't have a cool base there to come back to. In its present state NMS is just a space hobo simulator.

In its ideal form, NMS would be something more akin to a 3D Starbound where players share a persistent universe and there are awesome space battles (something Starbound sorely lacks)

You don't revisit systems because whether you are on the atlas path or heading to the center of the galaxy you're always moving forward. It is a space hobo simulator. Your ship is your home, which I think is really where they should have put some attention; ship building, ship customization, but no, you just wait until you find a better ship you can afford and jump into that like a space hermit crab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Never heard of it. When did it come out?

last december I think

• Locked thread