Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

the latter lmao this entire thread is also a joke because there have been like 3 goons begging for money recently but it worked really well at enraging people haha

you had me dancing on your strings you puppetmastering bastard

i was going to buy it for you and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

no one buy this for sid, space games are the lowest common denominator nerd poo poo

woo-wee it sure is great out here in space with all this nothing, i sure am glad i can travel to a million functionally identical planets and gaze upon retarded spore creatures until star citizen comes out

i won't let you go down this road sid

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im the fake elf

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

PinkoBastard posted:

I, too, hate the nice poster that everybody likes

gently caress that guy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

i know right still no one has bought me no man's sky

i bought it but you'll have to wrassle me for it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

what's the story there?

he spent an evening stomping up and down all over some pedo called Robert Casio's thread until casio got perma'd

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

don't look the guy up, every page about him is pretty rotten

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A_ssR_apistDude420 posted:

"I spent several hours conversing with a pedophile give me an AV"

he's asking for a game, keep up

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Carmant posted:

He actually PMed me a working key for the PS4 version.. holy poo poo thanks man.

some aspects of this story aren't completely adding up but i hope you enjoy your new space game

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

this rebel galaxy game I'm. Playing until I can afford no man's sky is pretty cool too actually

i couldn't get into it but i guess space games just aren't for me

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Applewhite posted:

It's out today has anyone bought it yet?

no, no one has bought it. it looks terrible

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it's almost as if space games were abandoned in the 90s for some reason

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i bought red baron 3d off GOG instead and was not disappointed

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

im still really digging rebel galaxy and playing star trek at the same time an pretending it's my crew is fun it's weird when they are on planets though because I'm still just flying around?

i got a refund on that game because it wasn't grabbing me at all

i like that artemis bridge sim but i don't know anyone that plays it any more

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mafia II is loving fantastic, unlike this piece of poo poo apparently

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Strategic Tea posted:

I dunno, spore didn't suck because it relied on procedural generation, it sucked because it was 5 minigames strung around an okay species/building/spaceship designer

i liked the first couple of levels, it got real poo poo after that though

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sid's a good guy and he's usually pretty trustworthy but there's something mighty shifty about the lengths he's going to to pimp rebel galaxy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

its sad when people have no imagination drat this future we live in

sid it aint good but if you enjoy yourself that's all that matters.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Zorodius posted:

there's a big juicy Reddit post over on my favorite website, Reddit, which lists like 50 major features that were shown in the promotional footage but were cut from the actual release.

It's really sad, it sounds like everything that would flesh out the concept got cut, and the developer just lied about what was in this game.

it's spore all over again right down to the nerd rage about cut features

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Don Tacorleone posted:

If you're close to my age (sorry), I will describe No Man's Sky in one sentence for you: A Yes album cover by Roger Dean with music by Vangelis.

For the rest of you, let's keep going, and this isn't going to be an exhaustive gameplay discussion, because you can find those all over the place.

Let's pretend that you never read a word about No Man's Sky. Had no idea what it was about. One day, a disc appears in the mail and all it says is "Play Me".

You decide to follow instructions.

When the game is installed, you wait to play until the house is dark and quiet. You shut the door, put on headphones, and press "Play".

Your mind proceeds to get blown. Fully, irretrievably blown.

Awe.

Back in gaming's early days, we overlooked the minor in pursuit of the major. Today, we micro-analyze the minor to invalidate the major.

Don't do that with this game.

It's stunningly, staggeringly beautiful. The experience is almost hypnotic.

I could write many words about how NMS might be even better if it was different here and here and there, but those words do not matter.

The game is bigger than all of those words.

can't you just do the same thing by putting on some ambient music and starting up Space Engine or even Celestia and not parting with $40 or whatever this thing costs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

maybe read a book and learn something and you can listen to whatever music and maybe put on a lava lamp nearby

maybe stare into a fireplace and think about whatever for a while

actually that sounds good

• Locked thread