Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What's character creation like? My enjoyment of this game stands or falls on the scale range of the boob size slider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

My player name will be kochmeister. As long I can name my planets and monsters some variant of koch, I'll be happy.

Kochmeister is taken, but Kochmeister_xXx577Skatechamp is available.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Not interested, OP. I'm saving my steam money for innovative Steam Greenlight game "Haydee" in which I am already very active in the fanart community.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I *might* think about purchasing once the "no mare's sky" mod becomes available.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So far what I'm getting from reading No Man's Sky's FAQs and watching the trailers is that the player character is not a sexy female cyborg with a phat rear end and high heels. Also, it's not possible to interact with other players even though that's something players in Minecraft have been able to do for nearly a decade?
I think I'll pass.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's out today has anyone bought it yet?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Can I at least build a castle in it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What about now is it good yet?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think the whole point of this game would be for it to have multiplayer and the fact that it lacks that is a huge letdown.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, no base building? That's the only thing that makes Minecraft even slightly worthwhile. Without that it seems like the whole game is just combat/exploration oriented Minecraft.

They should have called this game "No tits, no base building, no multiplayer man's sky."

If only there were a game out there where you could play with other people, buy or build your own base/spaceship and have your friends be the crew on that spaceship and also the game is a first person shooter with seamless transitions between spaceflight and planet exploration.

I would pay thousands of dollars for a game like that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Stuffguyman posted:

Why are people even disappointed about lack of multiplayer? Boy this game sure is boring and has no gameplay, but if only my friends were here so we can be bored and do nothing together!!

You could shoot at each other and form trade leagues and stuff and get into gang rumbles like Eve online.

Normally I hate multiplayer but in sandbox/crafting games, having other people see what you've built is a huge motivator.

I used to enjoy Minecraft a lot but after like the tenth time I built a totally boss fortress and filled it with treasures, I realized it was all pointless without someone to share it with.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

base building doesn't really fit with the game because you never really revisit systems, and black holes are one way so in a lot of cases you can't visit a previous system even if you wanted to. could use some titties though.

You don't revisit systems because you don't have a cool base there to come back to. In its present state NMS is just a space hobo simulator.

In its ideal form, NMS would be something more akin to a 3D Starbound where players share a persistent universe and there are awesome space battles (something Starbound sorely lacks)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kikkelivelho posted:

I think what you're describing is a game called Star Citizen

Never heard of it. When did it come out?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Lol if you buy NMS on Steam rather than GOG dot com. Actually lol if you buy any game on steam that's available on GOG.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also I almost gave into buying it just now but the gog reviews finally turned me off for real.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Now I just wanna play Starbound.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

Most exciting thing in this game is finding a wrecked spaceship with more inventory spaces. Biggest monster I've seen is about a bit smaller than a carno from ark. Also I got free gun because the testicles mouth monster wanted me to buy it's smuggled goods using iron oxide

The Rick and Morty mod for NMS got out fast!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, in what sense are the goods "smuggled?" Are there customs ships you have to elude?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

amusinginquiry posted:

the problem with video games is that they end, and reality creeps back in

one day, someone will make a fully-immersive procedurally-generated video-game with infinite content and I can leave reality forever

Actually they did and you're in one right now. You sprung for the memory rewrite package to make it even more immersive.

Having fun yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

8 track betamax posted:

So are there cool civilizations and stuff on these planets??? Like big Sky scrapers???? That would be cool :allears:

That would be cool but NMS doesn't have that.

• Locked thread