Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Sid you sound like a real piece of white trash just like my deadbeat upstairs neighbors who also have a little boy they can't afford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Celluloid Sam posted:

im not trashy at all I keep my home very clean and we absolutely can afford this son :)

The trash is in your brain.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Not interested, OP. I'm saving my steam money for innovative Steam Greenlight game "Haydee" in which I am already very active in the fanart community.

Lmao, I just looked this up. I'm glad the Japanese monopoly over jackoff games is being toppled.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I haven't been following from announcement until today-- this is another case of manboys being easily bait-and-switched by a game developer clearly lying out of his rear end with wild promises, yes?

Actually the dev was upfront and honest but that didn't stop everybody from convincing themselves this game was going to be something completely different and awesome.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/Mgfxo3CLdNM

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

You don't revisit systems because whether you are on the atlas path or heading to the center of the galaxy you're always moving forward. It is a space hobo simulator. Your ship is your home, which I think is really where they should have put some attention; ship building, ship customization, but no, you just wait until you find a better ship you can afford and jump into that like a space hermit crab.

If you started out in a space RV and got to upgrade it then I might actually be interested in this game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Video games are becoming really bad and only the Japanese can save us.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Yossarian posted:

Red dead redemption is no lie my favorite game ever so he made a good choice

I like it but I can't stand the load times on PS3 so unless they port it to PC I'm never finishing it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

hemophilia posted:

It's trying to simulate the experience of discovering worlds dude.

You know that "born too late to do x, born too soon to do y" meme? Its an attempt to fix that

But you can discover great world's with actual levels, like playing Dark Souls for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Don Tacorleone posted:

If you're close to my age (sorry), I will describe No Man's Sky in one sentence for you: A Yes album cover by Roger Dean with music by Vangelis.

For the rest of you, let's keep going, and this isn't going to be an exhaustive gameplay discussion, because you can find those all over the place.

Let's pretend that you never read a word about No Man's Sky. Had no idea what it was about. One day, a disc appears in the mail and all it says is "Play Me".

You decide to follow instructions.

When the game is installed, you wait to play until the house is dark and quiet. You shut the door, put on headphones, and press "Play".

Your mind proceeds to get blown. Fully, irretrievably blown.

Awe.

Back in gaming's early days, we overlooked the minor in pursuit of the major. Today, we micro-analyze the minor to invalidate the major.

Don't do that with this game.

It's stunningly, staggeringly beautiful. The experience is almost hypnotic.

I could write many words about how NMS might be even better if it was different here and here and there, but those words do not matter.

The game is bigger than all of those words.

Typically game graphics whore. Your kind are a cancer on the industry.

• Locked thread