Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

In for :10bux: on this goon project.

e; poo poo, sniped unintentionally. There's good questions talk at the bottom of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Chipped in some for this fine project.

As far as questions, what about Clinton vs Pence 2-way? Assuming the RNC ever found the balls to drop Trump.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Throw in a gun ownership question maybe?

Who was President when 9/11 happened? (considering that Giuliani just mentioned that a radical Islamic attack never occurred on US soil until Obama)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
:20bux: in

Trump announced today that he's holding a fundraiser for $1000/head in Mississippi next week, but you can only find out the location if you drop the money for it. Would be nice to get this out ahead of that fundraiser.

quote:

1) 3 way Presidential (Clinton vs. Trump vs. Johnson)

2) Who do you think will win

3) Clinton vs. Cruz

4) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: If my Representative endorsed Trump, it would be a big factor in whether I voted for them.

5) (TBD)

1. Time to start doing only 3 ways. Johnson is good / gently caress undecided.

2. Great; timely with Trump's remarks.

3. I love this question so much

4. "Would you be more or less likely to vote for a Representative who endorsed Trump?" I just don't see a scenario where it would be meaningfully different than question 1. Changed to above.

5. I think 5 should be open for same day changes in case something better comes along. Confederate flag question just doesn't hit like Clinton vs. Cruz.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
If we're going to consider polling Cruz/Rubio vs. Clinton, I'd like to see Sanders v. Trump.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Civilized Fishbot posted:

If we're going to consider polling Cruz/Rubio vs. Clinton, I'd like to see Sanders v. Trump.

not near as funny because Clinton won't react to it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
two serious questions on weighty, important state-level issues

then "how many 's'es are there in mississippi?"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ask all the top/bottom ticket face-off:

For each question, if these two were the presidential nominees of their respective parties, who would you vote for?

1. Clinton vs Trump
2. Kaine vs Pence
3. Clinton vs Pence
4. Kaine vs Trump

Then #5 should be a statewide race or ballot issue, or something like: whether you think Trump is a millionaire or a billionaire; or who is richer, Trump or Clinton.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
If there's a "Who do you think will win" question, is it possible to structure it like this:

1. Clinton, by a lot
2. Clinton, in a narrow victory
3. Too close to call
4. Trump, in a narrow victory
5. Trump, by a lot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Assuming that one in ten men are gay, the odds that none of the 43 men who have been POTUS were gay are about 1%. Do you believe we have had a gay President?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That's either one hell of an assumption or my social circle is wildly nonrepresentative.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Just threw in $15. The part about Rachel Maddow announcing a PPP/SA poll in the Indiegogo description was the argument that put me over the top!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
'Do you believe that Donald Trump is:
* A Russian plant
* A Clinton plant
* Acting of his own accord'

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The perfect question to ask in Mississippi (and probably Alabama too)

Q: Pawwwwwlllll?

1: Pawwwwwwwllllllll
2: Paaaawwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllll
3: PAWWWWLLLL!
4: PAAAAAaaaaaaawwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllll

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Threw in my :20bux:, hoping this leads to the rise of lowtax as a political pundit.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wow great response so far. We just might make this work.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ReidRansom posted:

Wow great response so far. We just might make this work.

You should have offered stretch goals for more questions!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Threw in $20 for the cause. Why did this get unstickied?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
This should probably have its own thread in CSPAM and maybe even GBS.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Threw in $20 for the cause. Why did this get unstickied?

I think there's a time limit by default.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
PPP released their Texas poll.

If we want to replace the confederate flag question, we could press further on the tax return issue.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

To be absolutely honest, PPP is already so on-the-ball with asking funny questions in decreasingly-red states that commissioning them to do it is starting to feel redundant.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/765563431416193024

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

C. Everett Koop posted:

The perfect question to ask in Mississippi (and probably Alabama too)

Q: Pawwwwwlllll?

1: Pawwwwwwwllllllll
2: Paaaawwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllll
3: PAWWWWLLLL!
4: PAAAAAaaaaaaawwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllll
5: Roll Tide

Also, the 5th question should be if they believe that the government is hiding alien contact. Would provide some fun cross tabs

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

The Glumslinger posted:

5: Roll Tide

Also, the 5th question should be if they believe that the government is hiding alien contact. Would provide some fun cross tabs

I kinda hope this has been a question on Clinton internal polling honestly.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

The Glumslinger posted:

I really really like this question absent some crazy in the next day or two.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

fosborb posted:

I really really like this question absent some crazy in the next day or two.

John Podesta is 100% on board with this question also.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd like to suggest the question

Given the issues that America faces today, which of the follow would you say is the biggest threat to the nation?
  • The national debt
  • Terrorism
  • Climate Change
  • Education/Student Debt
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Donald Trump

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

How detailed can we be? I have some curiosity about civic engagement along the lines of the book Bowling Along in regards to political engagement.

Maybe also a question on abortion and sex ed class attendance.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the issue with Clinton/Cruz v Clinton/Rubio is that Cruz is just as bugfuck crazy as Trump, whereas Rubio might siphon off some more moderate voters from Clinton/Johnson/Undecided. No one likes Ted Cruz right at the moment, and the goal would be to get someone with a better score than Trump.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Quit stealing our thunder, PPP :argh:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

NOOOOOOOOO

e: OTOH, refunds all around, maybe. But Utah winning pretty convincingly ATM

ee: also, thanks for re-sticky

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ReidRansom posted:

NOOOOOOOOO

e: OTOH, refunds all around, maybe. But Utah winning pretty convincingly ATM

ee: also, thanks for re-sticky

ask them if we can pay for the poll if MS wins.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

ask them if we can pay for the poll if MS wins.

It looks like when they do their own polling, they do like 15 questions plus demographics. We can afford 5 if we hit our goal. Maybe we can just pay for some questions on a poll they're already doing, or something.

But either way, money won't release in time for a poll this weekend, even if we made goal today. It'll be a few weeks at the least.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Gyges posted:

I'd like to suggest the question

Given the issues that America faces today, which of the follow would you say is the biggest threat to the nation?
  • The national debt
  • Terrorism
  • Climate Change
  • Education/Student Debt
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Donald Trump

This is a good question. I would add racism, sexism, and income inequality to the list. Maybe make it one where people can give the pollster their own answer.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Supercar Gautier posted:

To be absolutely honest, PPP is already so on-the-ball with asking funny questions in decreasingly-red states that commissioning them to do it is starting to feel redundant.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/765563431416193024

This is exactly the sort of cross-tab I was hoping to get from our poll before we were scooped. GJ PPP.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ceiling fan posted:

This is a good question. I would add racism, sexism, and income inequality to the list. Maybe make it one where people can give the pollster their own answer.
Nah the goal is to have a significant number of people saying that Trump is the biggest threat to the nation, so you don't want to dilute the choices too much.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Quit stealing our thunder, PPP :argh:

Just voted for Utah and that's winning at 51% with Mississippi, Alaska and Montana at 23%, 14% and 12%, so I don't think we'll have to change state, at least not this weekend.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
In for :20bux:x2

I'm excited to see this actually happen. Also sent it to politically inclined friends.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

threw down a 20 let's freakin do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
With the riots in Milwaukee this weekend, I wonder if asking a question about racial unrest would be a great trigger for the Trump crowd.

Something like "Do you think riots like the ones in Milwaukee recently are a danger to the United States?"

• Locked thread