Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yoshifan823 posted:

With the riots in Milwaukee this weekend, I wonder if asking a question about racial unrest would be a great trigger for the Trump crowd.

Something like "Do you think riots like the ones in Milwaukee recently are a danger to the United States?"

"Do you think riots like the ones in Milwaukee recently are a larger danger to the United States than ISIS?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Instead of committing to one state right now, we should create a ranked list of at least, say, seven states. Once funding goes through, we commission the poll for the most highly-ranked state yet unpolled.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

"Do you think riots like the ones in Milwaukee recently are a larger danger to the United States than ISIS?"

Who is the greatest threat to the United States?

-ISIS
-Black Lives Matter/racial riots
-White militias
-Harambe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Bad news:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/765908555274805248

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I saw that. Don't know anything about that pollster though.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
It's odd that Trump would gain 10 points since March, so a second opinion could still be valuable. We could also switch to Missouri and shuffle the questions slightly (in particular getting a good down ticket question). If we stick with MS, we definitely don't need the flag question anymore.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
It's starting to seem like the most efficient way to get a place polled is for goons to just plan on buying a poll there, no money spent.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Only if two answer choices are "No, because they are both threats" and "No, because neither is a threat". If I got a question like that and could only answer yes or no, I would be pissed.

yoctoontologist
Sep 11, 2011

Magellan is apparently mediocre (rated C by FiveThirtyEight). Also they haven't released any crosstabs that I can find, but maybe those are coming later?

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Edit. I am an idiot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Quovak posted:

It's odd that Trump would gain 10 points since March, so a second opinion could still be valuable. We could also switch to Missouri and shuffle the questions slightly (in particular getting a good down ticket question). If we stick with MS, we definitely don't need the flag question anymore.

They did Missouri too:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/765938432669614084

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Maybe we should hold off until late September if someone just did a Mississippi poll.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Has South Carolina been polled recently by a respectable pollster? I'd be interested to see what they're doing, as the last assumed-red Atlantic state.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Has South Carolina been polled recently by a respectable pollster? I'd be interested to see what they're doing, as the last assumed-red Atlantic state.

PPP released a South Carolina poll last week showing Trump +2.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_SC_81116.pdf

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Arkansas?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Maybe a blood red state like West Virginia or Oklahoma, to see what sort of crosstabs Trump generates compared to Romney's. If we do West Virginia, we could ask a couple of sassy questions about coal, or boring ones that could create interesting crosstabs (e.g. "40% of West Virginia coal miners own a MAGA hat").

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I'd throw in $20 for a West Virginia poll. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing some numbers on the Cole/Justice gubernatorial race while we're at it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mountaineer posted:

I'd throw in $20 for a West Virginia poll. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing some numbers on the Cole/Justice gubernatorial race while we're at it.

Holy poo poo, West Virginia literally has coal versus justice happening? We have to poll on that.

yoctoontologist
Sep 11, 2011

As far as I can tell, the biggest state that has been polled 0 times is Nebraska. They're also doing a referendum to reinstate the death penalty, so we could ask about that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

yoctoontologist posted:

As far as I can tell, the biggest state that has been polled 0 times is Nebraska. They're also doing a referendum to reinstate the death penalty, so we could ask about that.

Any way to target NE2?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I think we should stick with Mississippi.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Skeesix posted:

Agreed. The poll that just came out was done by a pollster with a low rank that has a large +R house effect. PPP tends to lean Blue but it does things correctly so the poll is actually good.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Skeesix posted:

Especially considering that a substantial number of people donated with the expectation that they were funding a Mississippi poll.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Especially considering that a substantial number of people donated with the expectation that they were funding a Mississippi poll.

It's not a successful crowdfunding project until you've at least lightly defrauded your donors.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I say that we poll Wyoming instead.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Here are my questions along the line of what I posted (that I'm still working on):

How often do you participate with a voluntary organization (i.e. Church, Club, Sports League).

What is your views on Abortion?

Did you take sexual education classes in school that taught safe sex?

How often do you check the internet per day?

The first question is the one I'm most interested in. I plan on donating a few measely bucks later today.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah, I feel like we should stick with Mississippi even though it has been done now, mostly for that reason. But we could wait a couple of weeks (we'll probably need to anyway since we have a ways yet to hit the goal) to put some distance between ours and the last one. Also, we'll have more interesting questions, probably. And while I'm on that, if we can, it'd be nice to shoot for 10. We'll see on that though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I think we have been going about this the wrong way.

Has anyone polled the ultra-blue states like VT or Mass or even CT where Trump held a rally recently. Let's find out how big of a loss he's looking at instead.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Don't delay too much, I expect this whole process will take longer than you think.

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
:20bux: donated, mainly for the possibility of seeing a "PPP/SomethingAwful Goons Poll" chiron on CNN.

If we're committed to a red state like MS, I'm fine with that, but I like sbaldrick's idea of demonstrating just how worthless Trump's investment in a deep blue state has been.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Helping Johnson hurts Republicans.

After seeing this --

quote:

Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson now has 16 percent support among Coloradans in the latest Quinnipiac poll.

Additionally, the [Colorado] poll gives Johnson an 11 point lead over Donald Trump with voters 18-34. Hillary Clinton still leads in both categories in the poll.

"Gary Johnson's campaign is the only one gaining steam the other two are dying day-by-day," Steve Kerbel, a spokesman with the campaign in Colorado, said.
http://kdvr.com/2016/08/18/gary-johnson-beating-donald-trump-among-voters-under-35-in-colorado/

-- I want to know how he's doing with young people elsewhere

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
OK I gave cash. Let's finalize these questions!

My suggestion would be something like "when is it OK to use the n-word?"

1) Thug like behavior
2) When you hear the word "cracker"
3) Never, MSNBC has cuckolded me utterly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

For real, "Have you ever used the word cuck as an insult?" would be a great question.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
It would be, but you know what the instant response of any respondent would be upon hearing that question, whatever their race?

"gently caress you! I'm going to sue you!" or phrasing to that effect.

That word guarantees the call will end poorly.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Squizzle posted:

For real, "Have you ever used the word cuck as an insult?" would be a great question.

This would be the something awfullest poll question

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

1. Who will you vote for?
2. Do you think the results of the election will reflect the will of real Americans?
3. Should immigrants to the United States be stripped of their citizenship and deported if they commit a felony?
4. If Donald Trump started a television network to rival Fox News, would you watch it?
5. Should journalists be penalized for anti-conservative bias?

Keep the questions neutral-sounding and let the respondents drat themselves with their answers. I figure these would get a lot of media attention, too.

bowser fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 22, 2016

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bowser posted:

1. Who will you vote for?
2. Do you think the results of the election will reflect the will of real Americans?
3. Should immigrants to the United States be stripped of their citizenship and deported if they commit a felony?
4. If Donald Trump started a television network to rival Fox News, would you watch it?
5. Should journalists be penalized for anti-conservative bias?

Keep the questions neutral-sounding and let the respondents drat themselves with their answers. I figure these would get a lot of media attention, too.
1, 2, and 4 are my favorite here

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bawfuls posted:

1, 2, and 4 are my favorite here

Agreed, though I still think "do you think this election will be rigged" or something like that ("tampered with"?) would be better than "reflecting the will of real americans".

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

If we go with rigging as our contest thing—and I think that's weak, especially as Trump seems to be moving away from that rhetoric—we need two questions: Do you believe the election will be rigged? Should we allow international observers with experience in this sort of thing to monitor our election?

Rephrase the second with help from PPP, but the general idea is to see if belief the election will be rigged correlates in an interesting way with desire for election observers.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
This seems much more reasonably priced than an aircraft carrier or what not. Will donate a fiver reasonably soon

• Locked thread