Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/09/doug-patti-ending

What happened to the love of Doug’s life? That’s where Jinkins’ tale about his surprise reconnection with the real Patti Mayonnaise comes in. If you want to know what happens to Doug, you must first find out what happened to Jim:

It’s my ten-year reunion, and I didn’t go. I was in New York working like crazy as a freelancer and just trying to make it there. And I got a phone call in New York and it’s Patti. The real Patti. And my heart’s beating fast. She’s like, ‘I was at the reunion! You weren’t!’ and I was like, ‘Yeah…sorry…I had to work.’ And she goes, ‘I found out you live in New York. Guess what—I do, too!’ And she told me where she lives. We lived across Central Park from each other. And she says, ‘Why don’t you come over for dinner?’

So now we’re in a Doug show. I’m like, what do I wear? What will she look like!? All that’s happening as I’m walking across Central Park to her apartment, just wondering and just hoping, all those things. I was, at the time, very available.

I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?

So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’

And I don’t even remember the rest of the evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

owned

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Nice one Jimmy, you stupid rear end in a top hat

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

lol flatty patti

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/09/doug-patti-ending

What happened to the love of Doug’s life? That’s where Jinkins’ tale about his surprise reconnection with the real Patti Mayonnaise comes in. If you want to know what happens to Doug, you must first find out what happened to Jim:

It’s my ten-year reunion, and I didn’t go. I was in New York working like crazy as a freelancer and just trying to make it there. And I got a phone call in New York and it’s Patti. The real Patti. And my heart’s beating fast. She’s like, ‘I was at the reunion! You weren’t!’ and I was like, ‘Yeah…sorry…I had to work.’ And she goes, ‘I found out you live in New York. Guess what—I do, too!’ And she told me where she lives. We lived across Central Park from each other. And she says, ‘Why don’t you come over for dinner?’

So now we’re in a Doug show. I’m like, what do I wear? What will she look like!? All that’s happening as I’m walking across Central Park to her apartment, just wondering and just hoping, all those things. I was, at the time, very available.

I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?

So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’

And I don’t even remember the rest of the evening.

this guy ruined my life

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
stop making threads doug

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
my parents knew a mortgage broker agent lady named Patti and my dad called her Patti Mayonnaise as a joke.
Haha that's my Doug story.
Hth.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

in in real life life?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I don't see anything in that article about him getting off on watching her gently caress other people, are you lying to us?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ha ha if I ever see jim jinkins in real life i'm gonna kick him in the balls repeatedly yelling "you never got patti to do this!! you never got patti to do this and you never will!!!"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

and then I'm gonna spit on him, on his face.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

hold still

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

icing on the cake

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

shhh not so loud, you'll wake him

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: it's just like I imagined, except Doug isn't getting shitfaced in the bar with Rodger now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also, Skeeter was pressured into running the family business, so he never left Bluffington, and hates every minute of it, and is unhappily married to Bebe.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
and Porkchop, he dead

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Well, I for one am shocked that a guy who made an entire cartoon show about how he didn't have the guts to ask out a girl didn't end up with the real life girl that character was based on. I mean, who would have thunk it?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dogmeat posted:

Well, I for one am shocked that a guy who made an entire cartoon show about how he didn't have the guts to ask out a girl didn't end up with the real life girl that character was based on. I mean, who would have thunk it?
I'd like to shock him, with a car battery. I bet he'd make a cartoon out of it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Basically BoJack Horseman, but with Doug Funnie

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
yourapedpattihonkhonk.jpg

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
doug is actually based on some loser kid? thanks for ruining my childhood OP

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

rockos dog was named spunky

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

im gonna sing the rocko song

rockooos modern life
rockos modern life

rockooos modern life
rockos modern life

spunky

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

im gaye posted:

im gonna sing the rocko song

rockooos modern life
rockos modern life

rockooos modern life
rockos modern life

spunky

which version are you singing i cant tell from the lyrics

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Who the gently caress goes to their ten year reunion?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I identified a lot with Doug, which is why I'm not married.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Pitdragon posted:

which version are you singing i cant tell from the lyrics

the b-52s version (abridged)

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

im gaye posted:

the b-52s version (abridged)

gently caress that version!!! its not as good as the other one

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’

*Honk Honk*

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I hope she married the real life equivalent of Roger Klotz.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
doug shoulda gone for the one person who always had their eye on him, as illustrated below

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
chicka po pahhhhh chicka po chicka po po pahhhh

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
People usually don't end up with their first crush.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a good thread

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Who the gently caress goes to their ten year reunion?

If my high school class had one, I didn't know or care

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pitdragon posted:

doug shoulda gone for the one person who always had their eye on him, as illustrated below

This was my least favorite Final Fantasy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spdPd3sJHog

Music to listen to while you browse this thread and this thread only

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Absolute Lithops posted:

People usually don't end up with their first crush.

So my Doug x Judy ship might still be viable?

• Locked thread