Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Chris de Sperg posted:

Waterproof makeup you say?

Targeted advertising really is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Tottensham Hotsperm

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is Carrick good anymore? I feel like he died a year or two ago.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everyone is a fraud except for Wenger.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

I hope this victory keeps José alive for one more week at the tavern.

Mou would have to finish in the bottom half to get the sack, imo.

That or start campaigning for it, which he seems to have started to do.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I do not know what kind of player Ramsey is anymore, but he's been loving poo poo.

Ramsey used to be energetic, covered a lot of ground, did nice defensive work, and made smart runs. But for the last two years he's looked like he has absolutely no clue what he should be doing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Can't wait for Santi to be back. Team's needed him bad.

Well I have some news for you.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I agree and disagree. When he's on the wing I believe Wenger is trying to use him as a quasi midfield outlet/late runner into the box, kinda like Theo, and to provide space for Hector. Today he played as a number 10 like what he does for Wales and was exceptionally ineffective. Whether that's down to Perez not being on the same page, Arsenal not being afforded time/space like Wales, or a combination there of is hard to say. What I would say is that there were several promising attacks today that broke down either because he took many touches (much like that time period prior to his purple patch) instead of moving the ball quickly or he tried for a worldy when a simpler pass to a better positioned forward (Iwobi and Perez spring to mind) would have worked better. When he's in central midfield what you describe is exactly what he should be doing, but really hasn't done for 2 years.

Now after all those :words: I personally think that Ramsey let the purple patch get to his head and thinks that he's made it. "Hey I'm Aaron loving Ramsey check out this volley against Liverpool' and his play imo reflects that. The work effort is gone and the constant waving of his arms any time near the box demanding the ball only to turn it over or shoot instead of pass is becoming infuriating. With Wales he's hotshit and that's all well and good, but for Arsenal I'm sorry, but I think he's 4th at best. Alexis and Ozil basically demand the team be built around them and rightly so. Santi provides such great stability, creativity, and security that I rate him as more important. Arguments could also be made for Bellerin and soon maybe Iwobi. I think Ramsey is extremely lucky that Wenger is still around, because I do not believe another manager would continue to endure his current play.

I don't buy into the fact that he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing. For all of Wenger's faults I do not believe you could survive as long he has with the consistency of results without your players having even a vague understating of what they should be doing.

I don't disagree with you that he's bought into his own hype, but I think it's a combination of that and the personnel not really fitting Ramsey's style anymore. I think that Ozil occupies a lot of the space that Ramsey would take up when he bombs forward, so he's not as effective going forward. For the midfield, when he played with Arteta, he could be a more dynamic player because Arteta did a lot of the defensive work and also was the main lynchpin for recycling possession and distributing the ball. When Ramsey plays with Coquelin there's no one to do that. I assume that the plan was to have Xhaka and Ramsey be the midfield pair, but that hasn't worked out so much because Ramsey doesn't cover ground like he used to, and Xhaka gets sent off all the time. So I guess what I'm saying is that we desperately needed with Santi to come back or Ramsey to get his shot together, but Santi is dead now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ospina; Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Gabriel, Monreal; Xhaka, Ramsey; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Iwobi, Lucas; Giroud.

Jenkinson behind Maitland-Niles at right back?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Whoa it's the corpse of aiden mcgeady

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsene Wenger is a bad manager.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsene Wenger is a bad manager.

I take that back.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

Mustafi is looking horrendous

Scrotum Poostuffey

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Can't wait to crash out against Southampton.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

I can't remember the specific posters op

I remember Gregg saying this. He was very proud of that league cup victory and thought dalglish's second stint at Liverpool went well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

if god is real Arsenal are going to get hosed right now

Based on the team Wengy has put out, they probably are

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
oh good I''m glad I missed the first 20 minutes of this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

loving hell though Ospina's been dodgy today

He always looks like he's on the verge of a catastrophe. It's his thing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

This is loving embarrassing

I'm not watching please explain

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

triple sulk posted:

I just checked the score and Arsenal are only up 1-0 at the half against a non-league side

Figured that was it. Wasn't sure if something else had happened

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
We've done it. We've soundly beaten a bunch of semi-pros

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ramsey isn't a good player

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Rashford starting

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FAROOQ posted:

are there any good refs in the premier league?

Not anymore.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That looked kind of offside?

And Cech totally should have had that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

He was in his own half

Yeah just realized that