Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"hello Darkness" by Paul Simon is about a guy who loves to jack off but he grew up in a really religious household so he is ashamed of it so the only way he can do it is when he sits in the bathroom in the pitch black so he cant look at himself pleasuring off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im actually really good friends with the green day guys and i probably am not supposed to tell you guys this, but that song Wake Me Up When September Ends is actually about this time that we were all hanging out and telling jokes and stuff but then I poo poo my pants, it became kind of a inside joke between us all after that!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Applewhite posted:

In "he's going the distance" the song is about a Nascar driver who died on the racetrack and his ghost is circling the track forever.

oh yeah, that happened to me one time

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pawn 17 posted:

Apparently, it was inspired by a girlfriend of his who moved away to Ecuador.

Actually that one is also about me making GBS threads my pants, it's a funny story really....

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pawn 17 posted:

Are your pants ever clean Nooner?

they are fresh but they sure as heck aint clean iykwim :mrwhite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was corrected on the real meaning of the REM song "Losing My Religion", but I took it for a long time to be a song more about the band dealing with their transition from smaller artists to gaining some mainstream popularity in the wake of their Green album. In short: The song is about the criticisms, doubt and struggles of thinking they're selling out by becoming and staying famous.

When actually the song is just about getting angry.

I guess you could say you "red" too much into that song :grin: (the joke is the song is about the guy seeing "red" [angry] but instead the guy READ too much into it which is the joke the words sound the same but they mean different things but they almost kinda both apply in this situation :confused:)

• Locked thread