Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ok great we have 12 people. I had to delete 2 ESPN teams, I think there was a team left over from last year, so 5436 and toybux please check your email and rejoin if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Pick # 1 : will the thrill
Pick # 2 : Green Gloves
Pick # 3 : Tiptoes
Pick # 4 : VietCampo
Pick # 5 : 5436
Pick # 6 : blue squares
Pick # 7 : Dubious
Pick # 8 : Nibbler
Pick # 9 : DeliciousMonster
Pick # 10 : toybux
Pick # 11 : Ninja Bob
Pick # 12 : Its Miller Time

No trading draft picks.

I am open to a $0 FA acquisition price though my personal preference is to keep it $1. Any idea with the support of 4 people will be put up to a vote on the night of the draft and will pass if it has majority support.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 22, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

post the draft, miller time

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I'm not familiar with how ESPN's continuous waivers works--is there a period where its first come first serve add/drop after the auction? If so, I don't mind the $1 min bid, but if not then I prefer a $0 min bid because it makes strategies like streaming defenses not chew up a ton of your FAAB on otherwise unbidded on players.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

No. Waivers currently clear Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 12 PM. You have a budget of $100.

Speaking just as another participant: You could stream 17 defenses and still have $83. I don't know how many free agency transactions the average person does but you could still do 20-40 transactions at $1 and still be active in free agency for big players. I like how your FAAB is finite and must be managed with the rest of the season in mind, balancing future bids and your week-to-week $1 needs.

Did I mention I changed playoffs to be 2 weeks long? 4 teams, round 1 is weeks 14-15, round 2 is weeks 16-17.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 23, 2016

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
In my personal experience, I prefer having the FAAB minimum. And I'm speaking as someone who has conserved his budget for use during the playoffs and as someone who used it all up before the playoffs even started. I like the element of having to be smart with my money.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

It doesn't seem like I announced that playoff change. Is everyone ok with that? We could change the number of teams, do 6 teams with a bye for #1 and #2, or change it to 1 week playoffs and do 14 weeks and then playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. I kind of like the second idea, I'm wary about making the championship depend partially on week 17 when teams are resting their starters.

We also need to decide on a payout structure. The leaguesafe is set to majority vote this year, not commissioner control. I'd like to get a little creative this year to make things fun. If we did 16 weeks:

$5 each for the highest score of the week in the regular season: $65
Some payout to highest scorer in the regular season
$50 to the winner of the consolation bracket. I read a good idea about it being a non-elimination 2-4 week (depending on playoff length) points derby
$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

I'll put this alongside something more traditional ($500 for first, $100 for second) up to a vote before the draft.

I like your idea toybux and I like changing the playoffs to not go into week 17.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 23, 2016

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I'm cool with keeping the minimum. I would also prefer if the championship ended before week 17; can get pretty weird for fantasy that week.

As for payouts, I like Miller Time's idea. I'd say maybe make the weekly high score payout only for the regular season (then 13x$5=$65) and then add the remainder as a bonus for whoever finishes the regular season with the most points ($15).

toybux fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 23, 2016

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I agree we shouldn't go into week 17, that tends to go poorly. I like the proposed payout changes too, with toybux's alteration. I'm still thinking about the FAAB minimum.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

We also need to decide on a payout structure. The leaguesafe is set to majority vote this year, not commissioner control. I'd like to get a little creative this year to make things fun. If we did 16 weeks:

$50 to the winner of the consolation bracket. I read a good idea about it being a non-elimination 2-4 week (depending on playoff length) points derby
$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

all of this is good stuff

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I am good on anything. This is going to be the first time I am going to be using a FAAB budget ever. I might draft a really good team but my FAAB might suck.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
I'm down with a non standard payout scheme. I'm also down to rape all of you.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Uhhhhhhh

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Green gloves - I'd suggest looking through the 2015 league history, I imagine you can see the prices free agents went for last year. It was a mixed bag - sometimes great players slipped by for $5 and other times people dropped $50 on someone who ended up being a 1 week wonder.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
I'm good with everything except the rape.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Dont do a rape

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

It doesn't seem like I announced that playoff change. Is everyone ok with that? We could change the number of teams, do 6 teams with a bye for #1 and #2, or change it to 1 week playoffs and do 14 weeks and then playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. I kind of like the second idea, I'm wary about making the championship depend partially on week 17 when teams are resting their starters.
I'm cool with going 4 teams/2 weeks-per-game playoffs but like the others, I'd prefer it end on week 16.

quote:

$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

toybux posted:

As for payouts, I like Miller Time's idea. I'd say maybe make the weekly high score payout only for the regular season (then 13x$5=$65) and then add the remainder as a bonus for whoever finishes the regular season with the most points ($15).
I like these ideas. Keeps things competitive and I'm more into the fun of it than the payout.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

I like these ideas. Keeps things competitive and I'm more into the fun of it than the payout.

:same:

I'd even enjoy random $0.73 payouts and whatnot for all kinds of odd stats, like the most points from field goals between 30-39 yards, though I imagine stff like that might turn into a headache for Miller Time

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Thank you to everyone for your interest, ideas and time.

More practical might be a $1 for the highest scorer at each of the 3-4 major positions each week? When I googled I've seen proposals like "longest TD", but that's not something that's easily tracked through ESPN's fantasy platform. I'd prefer stuff that can be pulled up using ESPN's scoring leaders, which gives weekly and season detail of player's basic NFL and fantasy stats.

Seems safe to say consensus is the playoffs should end by week 16. Done. There a few other variables though:

Number of players: Currently 4, could go up to 6 IMO
Use of a Bye: If you have 6 you can either give #1 and #2 a bye or have 3 matches.
Length: 2 weeks per playoff round or 1 week

I think my preference would be 6 teams, use of a bye for #1 and #2 and 1 week playoffs. However, adding the extra 2 teams does increase the length of the playoffs by 1 week (worst 4 play, 2 winners go up against 2 teams with bye in semis then the championship week).

I am also not thrilled at picking at the turn. If everyone could make lovely first round picks it'd be really appreciated.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 24, 2016

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
Rather than the season points champ bonus, we could do weekly $1 bonuses for the highest scoring (non-QB) player each week through the regular season, with an extra $2 bonus at the end to the highest weekly individual player score on the season. I enjoy little weekly bonuses, adds a little extra fun element.

I think I vote for the 6 team playoff with byes for 1/2 seeds. I like the two-week playoff round format, but if we want to avoid week 17, that means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd just rather have the extra regular season game.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

toybux posted:

Rather than the season points champ bonus, we could do weekly $1 bonuses for the highest scoring (non-QB) player each week through the regular season, with an extra $2 bonus at the end to the highest weekly individual player score on the season. I enjoy little weekly bonuses, adds a little extra fun element.

I think I vote for the 6 team playoff with byes for 1/2 seeds. I like the two-week playoff round format, but if we want to avoid week 17, that means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd just rather have the extra regular season game.

2-week rounds wouldn't really work with 6 teams. You need 3 rounds for 6 teams, you'd spend 6 weeks in the playoffs.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Another thing I was thinking about is changing the time in the draft to 120 seconds instead of 60 seconds. I don't like to be rushed. Does anyone know if it's possible to accelerate it once you've started? Perhaps after the 8th round if possible.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I definitely vote for more than 60 seconds. At least 90, and I wouldn't object to 120. Not sure about the accelerating, it's possible on NFL.com leagues but I don't know for sure about ESPN.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Just do 6 teams starting week 14 with #1 and #2 having a bye.

Thanks Miller Time Ill take a look at the free agents of 2015.

I am fine with 60 seconds. Thats plenty of time I dont want the draft to drag out forever. I have a list of guys I want it wont probably wont take more than 20 seconds for me to pick.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

Another thing I was thinking about is changing the time in the draft to 120 seconds instead of 60 seconds. I don't like to be rushed. Does anyone know if it's possible to accelerate it once you've started? Perhaps after the 8th round if possible.
I believe this is doable. My local ESPN league had guys bitching about how long it was taking last year and I'm almost positive our commish was able to to reduce the clock time mid-draft.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

Its Miller Time posted:

2-week rounds wouldn't really work with 6 teams. You need 3 rounds for 6 teams, you'd spend 6 weeks in the playoffs.

Yes, I was unclear. The 4 team 2 week play off would take 4 weeks, which means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

toybux posted:

Yes, I was unclear. The 4 team 2 week play off would take 4 weeks, which means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

toybux posted:

I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

toybux posted:

I can quote poo poo too motherfuckers

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I haven't drafted on ESPN in ages--how do you actually get into the draft room once it goes live?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm sure a fairly prevalent button will pop up something like 15 minutes before the draft, don't worry about it.

Is the draft order that's being displayed accurate? Pretty sure I had the #1 pick last year as well.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The draft room opened an hour before the draft. If you go to your team page on ESPN.com, there should be a button to enter the draft room.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Hey I got an F from ESPN. Thanks ESPN.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Where do you see the grade? I'm sure ESPN will recognize my drafting genius.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
In the post draft email ESPN sends you.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Of the five picks at the end that I autodrafted, two of them were backup defenses

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I think the benches are a little too deep I didnt even bother to look at how many spots there was.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm sorry about the 20 player roster. We ran this league with 9 people last year and I forgot to change it. It's no longer possible to change.

I don't really like my team. You all are a lot tougher to draft against than the other goon leagues I'm in.

QB: Carson Palmer, Tyrod Taylor and RG3
RB: CJ Anderson, Gio, Sims, Vereen Spiller
WR: B. Marshall, K. Allen, Decker, C. Coleman, J. Brown, M. Wheaton, S. Roberts and Ted Ginn
TE: Dwayne Allen & Zach Miller
DST: Bucs

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
Does anyone like their team? Mines pretty blah too. A lot of my sleepers were nabbed a few rounds in advance. It's really annoying drafting against people that aren't idiots, I'm not used to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I had Theo Riddick go in the last round, 15, in a goon draft Wednesday. He went in the 7th in our draft. I think my favorite team is Dab Nation's:

QB: Cousins, Mariota, M. Ryan
RB: AP, Forte, J. White, Hyde, Hill, T. Coleman, McKinnon, CJ Prosise
WR: Jeffery, Watkins, Diggs, C. Johnson, M. Mitchell
TE: Barnidge, ASJ, Eifert
DST: Broncos

• Locked thread