Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So has Miller given up and checked out of the league?

Just wondering, since haven't seen any of the post match commentaries for a few weeks, unless that's just me? Also rostering 3 players on IR, so not sure

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Looks like it. Bang bang, I sent you a trade offer

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

blue squares posted:

Looks like it. Bang bang, I sent you a trade offer

Gonna have to decline, sorry bud.

RB's probably my most volatile spot atm and i'm hoping Big Ben doesn't come back and hurt himself even more.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Had a few injury bumps early, but i'm really liking my team atm.

I do regret bidding half my budget on Dwayne Washington though, lmao.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 4, 2016

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Completely hosed up my QB situation this weekend, drunken wedding vacation.

:rip: me

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

My best week by far, and not even done yet, and of course its against Miller so who cares

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
That sucks, get it together commish.

That said, I'm glad it wasn't against me.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I guess something must've happened to our commish. He was on the ball the first two seasons and fielded some strong teams.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Tiptoes posted:

I guess something must've happened to our commish. He was on the ball the first two seasons and fielded some strong teams.

he's in my league and he's been active every week since last week and has been setting rosters and is 6-3.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
He seems to have given up which sucks and it makes the league less fun having dud opponents but whatever.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea... the weekly commentary was what initially got me wanting into the league too. Wasn't a big deal but have me a little fun read.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Me too. We could crowdsource it, rotate week to week the commentary and just post it in the thread. How does that sound? I'll do this weekend's. Here's a sign up sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mIOkT_s_xH-MVrbVz03ewYJ1Kw_Od7LY85GFppnSlHI/edit?usp=sharing

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

blue squares posted:

Me too. We could crowdsource it, rotate week to week the commentary and just post it in the thread. How does that sound? I'll do this weekend's. Here's a sign up sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mIOkT_s_xH-MVrbVz03ewYJ1Kw_Od7LY85GFppnSlHI/edit?usp=sharing

I'll give it a shot, but I make no claims as to the incisiveness of my commentary.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

I'm down for next week.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

blue squares (temp name) vs Mods Knew
With a shockingly bad performance from Tom Brady and all of Mods Knew’s RB corps, not even a combined 48.8 points from tight ends could help surpass Blue’s 161.9 points. Honestly, this is one of the most bizarre team efforts I’ve ever seen in fantasy football. Aside from Kerley shaking off a series of bad weeks, every WR and RB was a complete dud, and yet someone who started two TEs had them both go off.
Blue’s team continued its recent upswing in points, with Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson continuing to be an elite pair (despite hilarious failure in reality). I mostly won this game because Bilal Powell got lucky with a TD (only his second of the season) coming off a trick play, plus Demaryius Thomas also managed to overcome horrific QB play, scoring over 20 for only the second time this season.

Fitz Out for Harambe vs Russell Wilsons Libido
RWL suffered only the second loss of the season. 133 points would have beaten four teams this week, but not the 155 that Fitz hauled in. Eli Manning’s dumb face aside, he scored a respectable 24 points, but the big winner this week was #1 overall draft pick Antonio Brown. His garbage time yards against the elite Dallas pass defense helped a lot here, too. Tyreek Hill, a rookie I’ve never heard of whose week to week record ranges from 2.7 to 21.5 (mostly closer to the former) went off this week with 20.1 points, making up for lackluster RB play.
RWL’s team was dragged way, way down by the second half of his starting lineup. The only thing worse than Tavon Austin’s game was the actual football game in which he participated. Maybe with Jared Goff coming in, Austin will emerge as an elite WR option. (he won’t). Lance Kendricks has been a reliable TE, but he was another Jeff Fisher victim this week.

Personal Breesus vs Purple Grank
It’s not every week that the #1 team in the league gets absolutely blown out. Purple won by over SEVENTY POINTS. That’s more than our league commissioner (AKA the bye week) scored total. Even Gronk getting his lung punctured while failing to do much of anything productive didn’t hurt Purple. Purple’s excellent decision earlier last week to pick up the Ravens D against Cleveland payed off with 16 points, but ultimately didn’t matter. He could have run without a D and still soared to an easy win. Also, hats off to Willie Snead (which sounds like the name of a racist cartoon) for his first excellent game since week 1.
Why did Breesus lose? Player bye weeks sidelined SIX of his players, including Frank Gore, who has been fanstastic. Seven of his starting players combined for only 31 points. The other three did okay, but it’s very hard to come back from that. Now that Christine Michael has been CUT from the Seahawks, Breesus is going to have to hope Frank Gore continues his production after returning from his bye week. Breesus has a well-timed bye week against the league commissioner to lick his wounds.

My Doctor Prescribed Weed vs RG THREE DICKS
Another wide margin of victory, this time coming between two lovely teams with losing records.
RG3 scored the highest out of anyone this week, propelled by a monster Seahawks game and Le’Veon Bell thrashing the elite Dallas D for 34.4 points. Even Tyler Boyd being his usual craptastic self didn’t have an effect on RG3’s domination.
Weedman’s two-TE play didn’t work out nearly as well as Mods Knew. Lackluster running backs dragged down his score, too. Ultimately, there was nothing Weed could do this week. No one on his bench scored more than 4 points, and two of his bench slots are empty. In a league this deep, its hard to find much fault with a short-staffed bench (there are few worthwhile pickups available), but a 4-6 team should start thinking about reaching for new players if it wants any hope at squeaking into the playoffs.

Genie in a Bortles vs DAB NATION
The closest game this week was won by a team whose defense scored negative six points and whose opponent started a WR on a bye week, plus left two players on the bench that scored a combined 58.9. Those two players would have been enough of a difference over their corresponding starters to have won the matchup and helped Dab hold on to a shot at the playoffs. With this loss and Alshon Jeffery getting suspended for the next four games, Dab’s playoff hopes are looking grim.
Genie in a Bortles should have lost just for leaving Bortles on the bench in a week when he outscored the starting QB, but Ezekial Elliot, assisted by the elite Dallas O-line, scored an unbelievable 40.9 points. That’s over 30% of the points scored by the entire team. The rest of the team was garbage, no one else even scoring over 17 points, and yet they collectively won the day. Disgusting.

Bang Bang (BYE WEEK)
Bang Bang had the week off. His players, in their exhibition match, scored a collective 144.1 points. Ty Montgomery, who went from being a WR to being a RB, had a whopping three carries. Never trust Mike McCarthy run games. Ben Roethlisberger had a nice day despite facing the elite Dallas pass rush, but he could have scored zero points and Bang Bang would still have been fine. Bang Bang needs to win next week to avoid being tied for second place with blue squares, who currently has the edge in points for.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Good writeups, blue squares. Although I would prefer if you would refer to my team as "scrappy underdogs" rather than as a "garbage team".

And like I'm supposed to trust loving Bortles.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Haha yeah, never trust McCarthy, but it was worth it while it last, now I'm
Back to rotating my rag tag team of RBs.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm glad you guys liked my commentary! :D it was fun to make

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If Jordy Nelson doesnt catch a TD pass, I'm cooked

The commissioner hasn't posted on Something Awful in over 2 months. What are the odds he just keeps the money

blue squares fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 21, 2016

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
It's on majority vote, isn't it? If he vanishes completely, I think we can get Leaguesafe to pay it out appropriately. Last year he had it on commissioner decides and he took a while to pay it out, but did eventually.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!

blue squares posted:

If Jordy Nelson doesnt catch a TD pass, I'm cooked

The commissioner hasn't posted on Something Awful in over 2 months. What are the odds he just keeps the money

Don't worry, Deandre Hopkins is about to score 35 points.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I seem to remember commish went missing for a while last season as well, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Rough season for him, but still poor form to not set his lineup at all down the stretch.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I seem to remember commish went missing for a while last season as well, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Rough season for him, but still poor form to not set his lineup at all down the stretch.

Yea I think someone said he was in another league with him and that he is still active in that league. So I'm guessIng his team
In this league hasn't gone the way he was hoping and he's just completely given up on this league.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just realized I'm an idiot and thought the playoffs only had 4 teams. I thought that I was about to be knocked out of contention because I scored the second most points of the week against the team that scored the most points.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

I had the writeups this week but I was too lazy for pictures so you get a wall of text:

Touchdown There vs. Personal Breesus
22.2 vs 146.6

Breesus had the luxury of a BYE week facing our missing in action commissioner TDT, aka the Browns of fantasy. To his credit his team did well with his namesake Drew Brees scoring 19.4 against CAR and throwing to Michael Thomas who scored 11.8. Breesus could have benched the rest of his lineup and still won.

Mods Knew vs. Bang Bang
98.9 vs 114.8

Bang Bang extended his record to 8 wins defeating Mods Knew fairly handily. Bang is now in 1 game back in 3rd place and in the hunt for a potential bye. Roethlisberger had a disappointing week capturing only 8.7 points despite playing the Browns, however Bang's WR unit (Evans, Landry, Moncrief) was solid with 16.5, 13.8, and 13.7 points respectively and the team was buoyed by Riddick (16.3) and Ebron's (16.1) performances against Jacksonville. Mods team was carried by Tom Brady (36.4) but he wasn't enough to overcome the rest of the team not scoring more than 13.6 points (Gurley) and 2 straight up duds (Kerley and the Chiefs D). Sorry Mods but quarterbacks aren't always the best.

Dab Nation vs. Fitz Out for Harambe
119.3 vs. 114.8

The closest matchups of the week are always fun to look at. It looks like the defenses were the deciding factor in this one with Dab's Raiders scoring 5 points and Fitz' Eagles having 0 against the Seahawks. Probably not a great idea to start any defense against the Seahawks at this point unless you have the Rams. Dab's best player was Mariota (26.5) who lucked out against Indy... aka the TDT of defenses. Ted Ginn JR also exceeded expectations scoring 14.9 and Dab got enough out of Prosise (16.1) before his injury. Fitz started Stafford who gave a Fitzpatrick-like performance (11.1), Brown who was respectable (15.6) as usual and Latavius Murray (14.2) who scored just enough to leave both teams sweating out Monday Night's game.

Purple Grank vs. Genie in a Bortles
81.7 vs. 146.1

A blowout for Genie who had 3 wide receivers above 20 points (Rishard Matthews, Steve Smith Sr, Julian Edelman) which is ridiculous. Genie also had Elliott who actually had a down week only scoring 16.4, which tied what Bortles put up against Detroit. Grank's decision to start Alex Smith due to Rivers' bye week actually paid off for 21.4 points, but his team suffered from RB Ryan Matthews suffering injury early and only putting up 3 points and 3 duds with Jesse James (1.5), Crabtree (3.5) and the Ravens defense (-2). Even if Grank had started Sharpe (16.8) who rode his bench over Crabs, Genie's team put the score out of reach.

Blue Squares vs. RG Three Dicks
150.1 vs. 174

Blue Squares must have horrible luck because he handed in the 2nd highest score of the week and just happened to go against the highest score. Sorry bro you would have won against literally any other team but instead you took a pounding from RG3's dicks. Squares had no player under 8.7 points (Witten) and only him and Boldin (9.7) were under 10. Aaron Rodgers lead the way with 35.3 pts Sunday night against the Redskins and he rounded out his team with the Vikings Defense and Special teams which both scored a TD aginst Arizona on the way to 22. Meanwhile Three Dicks also had a great defensive week (Lions 20 pts) and had 3 other players above 20 points (Wilson, Bell, Baldwin) before rounding it out with good performances from Beasley, Graham and Tyler Boyd, the latter of which was no doubt helped by AJ Green's injury. I have no idea how Three dicks only had three wins coming into the week considering he also had Freeman on his bench with a bye.

Russell Wilsons Libido vs. My Doctor Prescribed Weed
134.3 vs 97.7

Weed might want to refill his prescription to ease his suffering as he lost by 36 points to fall to 4-7. Weed's best player was Amari Cooper (15.7), while Beckham Jr only had 9.6 points and joined 3 other players (Lockett, Julius Thomas, Michael Floyd) under 10 points on the week. Newton (14.4) and the Seahawks defense (7) were also somewha disappointing and underperformed expectations albeit the latter losing points during garbage time against the Eagles. Meanwhile, Libido (my dumb team) cried when AJ Green went down with injury making the team's WR core absolute junk outside of Dez Bryant (26) who had been spotty all year but scored 2 TDs against Baltimore. Martellus Bennett can go gently caress himself after only having 1 catch for 2 points despite Gronk's absence and can join Bortles who is so horrible at this point that Hurns (1.9 pts) is going to be riding my bench moving forward. Fat Rob Kelley (31.7) was my saving grace along with Carr who had another great week (27.6) to ensure the win.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks for the write ups! Yeah, I can't believe I lost. I think I'll slide into the playoffs, though. And the final writeup made me laugh out loud a couple times.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I've had a few close losses this year, including week 1 when I only lost because the Colts D got -5 points. I maintain that RG THREE DICKS is a mediocre team with a bad team's record.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you Nibbler and your LeSean McCoy

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man I was not expecting to hold this much of a lead at this point going into the 4 pm set of games.

Was thinking it was gonna be a shootout in Tampa.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Man I was not expecting to hold this much of a lead at this point going into the 4 pm set of games.

Was thinking it was gonna be a shootout in Tampa.

two of your players scored zero lmao

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Tight ends are the worst

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I lost to our MIA commish this week, and Trevor Siemian got 35 points, and I have to do the writeup this week.

Okay.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ninja Bob posted:

I lost to our MIA commish this week, and Trevor Siemian got 35 points, and I have to do the writeup this week.

Okay.

:captainpop: :chanpop: :vince:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Thank you for understanding how I feel.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

blue squares posted:

gently caress you Nibbler and your LeSean McCoy

My only player worth a poo poo this week...ugh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

One quarter left

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
God damnit Davante Adams why

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
Adams stole me that victory. With how my three Seahawks performed, I really should not have won.

Now all I need is for purple grank and DAB NATION to lose, while I somehow beat the best team in the league, and I'm in the playoffs. Easy.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
So I just realized I never did the write up for last week, so sorry about being an rear end in a top hat. If people are still interested, I'll get it up tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ninja Bob posted:

So I just realized I never did the write up for last week, so sorry about being an rear end in a top hat. If people are still interested, I'll get it up tomorrow.

I would enjoy it, but if you're busy, it's okay. I took myself off the google doc (a few weeks ago) for this week, so I know how it is.

• Locked thread