Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
My late Week 12 writeups, for your consideration.

Russell Wilson's Libido vs. Blue Squares (Temp Name)

This was a close matchup that wasn't decided until Monday night. Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson connected for a combined 44.2 on MNF to give Blue Squares the edge. Both teams had some solid performers, with Shady McCoy's 29.4 points the standout for RWL. Fun fact: Shady was drafted directly after Eddie Lacy, and is currently the number 6 RB by our scoring. RWL could have pulled it out if he'd played some of his bench players, with Tavon Austin and Lance Kendrick putting up better numbers than Brandon LaFell and Greg Olsen, but that's some extreme Monday morning QBing, and who would ever have that much faith in the Rams? Blue Squares put up a solid win with Anquan Boldin and Terrelle Pryor putting in some of the strongest work. The good news for RWL is that he could afford the loss, as it dropped him only to a 9-3 record with still a likely first round bye in the playoffs.

RG Three Dicks vs. Bang Bang

In the closest match of the week, RG Three Dicks squeaked out a narrow 4.2 point victory. Both teams had strong performances across their lineups, with RG3's being a little more consistent. In fact, the QB was the lowest scoring player except DST on his roster, with Russell Wilson putting up only 10 points and no TDs. Devonta Freemon and Le'Veon Bell were their usual consistent high scoring selves, and Davante Adams had a huge 2 TD night on Monday to put RG3 over the top. Bang Bang got a strong 26.8 points out of Big Ben, and Mike Evans had the highest score of the week with 30.4 points. The Giants defense dunked all over the Browns, with a big 22 point performance. Unfortunately, both of his TEs decided to do what TEs do, and randomly combined for one target and zero points. Flexing one of the solid WRs on the bench would have improved the situation.

Mods Knew vs. Personal Breesus

Our biggest blowout of the week. The margin of victory was 43 points, as despite Mods Knew putting up a very respectable 136.6, Breesus blew it out of the water with the highest score of the week, 179.6. Breesus was well named this week, as Drew Brees scored over 40 points with 4 passing touchdowns and a bonus rushing TD for good value. With three more players scoring over 30 points, including the always reliable David Johnson, Michael Thomas and Jordan Reed, this match was over by Sunday afternoon. The few disappointing spots were Frank Gore and the Bills DST, but it didn't matter with the big hitters. Mods Knew had a high score of 29.2 from Emmanuel Sanders and Jonathan Stewart dug deep to get a season high 21.6 points, but it wasn't enough to overcome the Brees juggernaut. A few WRs on the bench could have filled in for the 0 point performance of Kendall Wright, but it wasn't going to make up the deficit. Breesus has the highest Points For in the league on the season right now, and with weeks like this you can see why.

Purple Grank vs. Fitz Out for Harambe

Another fairly one sided match, as Purple Grank's players just didn't show up this week. Philip River had a strong 25.7 point performance over the Texans, but neither of the RBs Blount or Chris Thompson got much going. ARob has been inconsistent all year and this week was a down week. Willie Snead's 16.8 was a bit of a bright spot, as was Crabtree's 19, but that was really all the positive that Grank had going on, and it only brought him to a total of 108.4. Gronk's 0 and now being out for the season for back surgery is just adding insult to injury. Fitz Out took home the W with a decent performance. AB84 was awesome as usual with 32.1 points and the high score, which was a good counter to Brandin Cooks laying a 0 down unexpectedly. Mark Ingram had a very good day helping to roll over the Rams with over 150 yards from scrimmage, a rushing TD and a receiving TD, for a total of 29.7 points. Kelce had a good day as well, and seems to being heating up as the season comes to a close, which could be good news for Fitz in the playoffs.

Dab Nation vs. My Doctor Prescribed Weed

Dab Nation had a relatively commanding victory over My Doctor Prescribed Weed, 139.6 to 111. Tight end was one position that factored into that, with Dab's TE Eifert bringing home a very respectable 17.8 points, which Weed's Julius Thomas ended up not playing due to injury. Hunter Henry sat neglected on the bench. The QB position was pretty even, which Mariota and Cam both having pretty good days. What made the difference for Dab was strong performances from Ted Ginn Jr. (22.8), Carlos Hyde (20.5) and a solid 14.4 from Seth Roberts. The Raiders DST also had a pretty good day with 12 points despite allowing 32 points to Carolina, with a whole bunch of strong D play including a pick 6, two fumble recoveries and two sacks. Weed had a lousy outing from Tyler Lockett, who missed all six of his targets and gained only 0.9 points through rushing yards. That caused ESPN fantasy to declare "Lockett shouldn't be on fantasy rosters at this point", so naturally in week 13 he scored 24.8 points, because fantasy football doesn't make any drat sense.

Genie in a Bortles vs. Touchdown There

Speaking of fantasy not making any sense, there was this thing. Our MIA commish had put up 22.2 points the previous week, and scores in the 60s for the two weeks before that, so I'll admit I didn't stress about my lineup too much. Kyle Rudolph scored a nice 15.4 on Thanksgiving, but I didn't worry overly. After all, injured Gio was still in the lineup, and TDT doesn't bother with playing a defense. Plus his QB was Trevor Siemian. So yeah, I felt okay. All day Sunday I kept an eye on the matchup, and TDT was staying around, fueled by a nice 23.9 performance by Inman, but I was still solidly ahead. I went out to dinner at a sports bar and Siemian had around 4 points at halftime, so I knew it was all good. Went home, had a few drinks and watched Westworld with my roommates. Checked my fantasy scores, and apparently Trevor Siemian went super saiyan in the second half? I still don't really know what happened here, but I hate it very much. Shoutout to Bortles, Zeke and Edelman on my team for some good wasted effort. Turns out DeSean Jackson over SSS would have been the way to go, apparently. Anyway, fantasy football is bad and my only consolation is that I probably wasn't going to get near the playoffs anyway. Trevor loving Siemian.

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
Dude I think you have the bad beat of the year for sure. Just brutal.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nibbler posted:

Dude I think you have the bad beat of the year for sure. Just brutal.

Made for a funny paragraph though!

Thanks, Ninja Bob :)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Gonna lose again because I forgot to bench one of my TEs for Landry after they both put up big fat 0s the week before.

loving TEs

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!

DeliciousMonster posted:

Adams stole me that victory. With how my three Seahawks performed, I really should not have won.

Now all I need is for purple grank and DAB NATION to lose, while I somehow beat the best team in the league, and I'm in the playoffs. Easy.

lmao it actually happened

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Someone tell me if I'm looking at the rankings right, and that if I had one more win I'd be in the playoffs?

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I believe that's correct, yeah. You'd have one more win than me and take the 6 seed in that scenario.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Cool.

:sigh:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Now you get to do that fun thing where you check your score against who would have been your match ups for each week and see how far you would have gone

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Of course i'm up against the only 3 players to actually do anything in that game.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Of course i'm up against the only 3 players to actually do anything in that game.

:ocelot:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Thank you, David Johnson, for being a beast among beasts. #1 seed and most points scored, baby!

god i hope i don't get bounced in the second round...

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

I hereby deem you the Patriots of our league. Go gently caress yourself

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
so my team is falling apart at the best worst.

first riddick now julio :negative:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

VietCampo posted:

so my team is falling apart at the best worst.

first riddick now julio :negative:

I lost Melvin Gordon :( Given my running backs, that's probably a wrap on my season

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

also gently caress Le'Veon Bell and my 6-7 record having opponent knocking me out of the playoffs in week one

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I'm on a hot streak that's going to take me all the way to the second round of the playoffs

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DeliciousMonster posted:

I'm on a hot streak that's going to take me all the way to the second round of the playoffs

and my rodgers TD goes to your receiver. I hate you so much

we have 9 combined players in this game, including both of our QBs

34.9 points from Bilal Powel on my bench. Of course he only got those because Forte got injured in the 1st quarter and there was no way to predict that, but drat it. Also Taylor Gabriel would have at least given me a shot if I had played him. Super frustrating to see all those points on my bench.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 12, 2016

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Well, looks like that's the end for me. Has anyone PMed commish?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You guys should probably start trying to figure out his deal sooner rather than later; he went completely MIA from another Goon League as well. He's been starting John Borwn for 5 weeks in that one.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

Maybe he just really believes in John Brown.

How are the payouts going to work with no commish?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nibbler posted:

Maybe he just really believes in John Brown.

How are the payouts going to work with no commish?

Not my problem!!!

:negative:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Whoever wins can take it up with Leaguesafe, and I assume some of us other members will happily corroborate.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Crowder picked a wonderful night to have his worst game of the year but 31 combined yards from Crowder/Reed was apparently good enough!

I am praying for no stat corrections...

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

The worst part is Fitz probably assumed he was going to lose going into tonight and then as each poo poo quarter rolled on more and more hope creeped in... until Reed caught that one pass and then punched someone in the face. His championship dream was that face.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Whoever wins can take it up with Leaguesafe, and I assume some of us other members will happily corroborate.

Yeah, I checked the settings earlier. We're on some kind of majority vote setting where I think it would pay out faster if the commish approved it, but eventually the winner should get their money even if he never shows up.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
Well, Davante Adams let my trip to the finals drop through his hands twice, but I can't be mad. Two months ago I was 2-7, so coming within a drop of the finals is better than I could've dreamed.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nibbler posted:

The worst part is Fitz probably assumed he was going to lose going into tonight and then as each poo poo quarter rolled on more and more hope creeped in... until Reed caught that one pass and then punched someone in the face. His championship dream was that face.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

DeliciousMonster posted:

Well, Davante Adams let my trip to the finals drop through his hands twice, but I can't be mad. Two months ago I was 2-7, so coming within a drop of the finals is better than I could've dreamed.

I was watching the GB game and cheering at each of those drops. JJ Nelson also dropped a gimme 50 yd TD so I figured that was karma on my part. I remember doing the write-ups a few weeks back and thinking your team was pretty stacked so congrats on turning it around.

I have a friend that lost because of the Crowder fumble at the end of the game. Looks like Breesus pulled it out by .4 - saved by PPR.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

We have a $600 pot to distribute. Did we ever decide how the payout would be structured? I would imagine 1-3 is due for some cash.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I'm not sure what we agreed on, but I wouldn't object of we decided that 3rd place was the real winner.

Congrats on your championship victory, your name will reverberate throughout history.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I don't think we ever came to a consensus on payout. Something like $300, $200, $100 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd? $350, $175, $75?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I dont care because I lost

but I am wondering why this dumb league has me matched up against Bang Bang three weeks in a row

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
As much as I would enjoy getting more money, $350/$175/$75 makes more sense. The people in the finals should always get a huge cut of the prize pool.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

I'm good with $350/$175/$75 if Breesus is.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

According to leaguesafe the commissioner has to set the allocations and then we can vote so......

good luck lol

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yeah it has to be done through customer service no doubt, and I'll agree to whatever payouts. Let's face it, this won't be the first time a commish has gone MIA on leaguesafe.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Has any tried to email Miller? He might take 5 minutes to plug in an allocation for us and speed this thing up.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Nibbler posted:

I'm good with $350/$175/$75 if Breesus is.
I'm good with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

I emailed Miller. No response thus far. Someone else may want to try as well.

• Locked thread