Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This looks great! I'm in. I like that you do commentary. I'll pay right away.

austindegroot at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I could invite my brother. He's played fantasy for years and might be interested.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

He's in three already, so he declined

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I prefer to stick with just one. It makes things way more fun to really have everything hang on one team

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

autodraft bot team

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

yes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

post the draft, miller time

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

We also need to decide on a payout structure. The leaguesafe is set to majority vote this year, not commissioner control. I'd like to get a little creative this year to make things fun. If we did 16 weeks:

$5 each for the highest score of the week in the regular season: $65
Some payout to highest scorer in the regular season
$50 to the winner of the consolation bracket. I read a good idea about it being a non-elimination 2-4 week (depending on playoff length) points derby
$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

all of this is good stuff

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Uhhhhhhh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

I like these ideas. Keeps things competitive and I'm more into the fun of it than the payout.

:same:

I'd even enjoy random $0.73 payouts and whatnot for all kinds of odd stats, like the most points from field goals between 30-39 yards, though I imagine stff like that might turn into a headache for Miller Time

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

toybux posted:

Yes, I was unclear. The 4 team 2 week play off would take 4 weeks, which means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Of the five picks at the end that I autodrafted, two of them were backup defenses

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

toybux posted:

I haven't had a draft where the guy I wanted was taken the pick before mine so many times. It was painful. Overall this was one of the sharper drafts I've been in for a while, actually pretty fun (though would have been a lot more fun with two or three less snipes).

Yeah I think it's gonna be a great season. No idea who will win. I hope I didn't gently caress up by grabbing Rodgers in the 5th

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't get an email with a draft grade (probably because I logged in with Facebook) and I don't see it on the site. I'm curious about mine. How do I find it?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The ESPN servers are down but I'm pretty sure I am crushing it so far

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

oh gently caress yes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm very disappointed in my two players that did not score a TD

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm down 58 but I think it's reasonable to expect Rodgers, Nelson, and Langford have a good shot at closing that gap

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CLOSING THE GAP

whatup Vietcampo

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 20, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

VietCampo posted:

:)

Now i have no idea wtf to do at RB,

start trading

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

At least you didn't leave 40 points on your bench

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

For those of you who are new, I write a weekly color commentary that covers each match and add some nifty statistics and charts at the bottom showing total points for each team, the average score each week etc.

So, Miller Time.... are you still planning to do this? It's one of the main reasons I joined this league. I get it, though, if actual real life stuff has you too busy.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh poo poo I thought it would be posted ITT. I signed up with facebook (I think) so I don't know how that works
edit: found them in my other email. PM'd Miller. Thanks, Ninja.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 27, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I need a RB and have a ton of great WRs. Some WRs I could move: Terelle Pryor (31.9), Anquan Boldin (12.2), Mike Wallace (19.2, 20.1, 6.9)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no idea how to trade

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Who has AJ Green?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

On Tuesday I looked at team WEED and saw his QB out with concussion and four starters on bye week. And I laughed at my upcoming boring, easy win.

And then I got owned

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

yeah my season is over

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DeliciousMonster posted:

My year of total self-destruction continues by benching Davante Adams the one time he really blows up.

38.2 points

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

what happened to Josh Miller's team? drat, dude.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why in the gently caress is Purple Grank playing the Browns defense against me? I feel like I'm supposed to be insulted by that, like when Brady punts on 3rd down

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Looks like it. Bang bang, I sent you a trade offer

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

My best week by far, and not even done yet, and of course its against Miller so who cares

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Me too. We could crowdsource it, rotate week to week the commentary and just post it in the thread. How does that sound? I'll do this weekend's. Here's a sign up sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mIOkT_s_xH-MVrbVz03ewYJ1Kw_Od7LY85GFppnSlHI/edit?usp=sharing

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

blue squares (temp name) vs Mods Knew
With a shockingly bad performance from Tom Brady and all of Mods Knew’s RB corps, not even a combined 48.8 points from tight ends could help surpass Blue’s 161.9 points. Honestly, this is one of the most bizarre team efforts I’ve ever seen in fantasy football. Aside from Kerley shaking off a series of bad weeks, every WR and RB was a complete dud, and yet someone who started two TEs had them both go off.
Blue’s team continued its recent upswing in points, with Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson continuing to be an elite pair (despite hilarious failure in reality). I mostly won this game because Bilal Powell got lucky with a TD (only his second of the season) coming off a trick play, plus Demaryius Thomas also managed to overcome horrific QB play, scoring over 20 for only the second time this season.

Fitz Out for Harambe vs Russell Wilsons Libido
RWL suffered only the second loss of the season. 133 points would have beaten four teams this week, but not the 155 that Fitz hauled in. Eli Manning’s dumb face aside, he scored a respectable 24 points, but the big winner this week was #1 overall draft pick Antonio Brown. His garbage time yards against the elite Dallas pass defense helped a lot here, too. Tyreek Hill, a rookie I’ve never heard of whose week to week record ranges from 2.7 to 21.5 (mostly closer to the former) went off this week with 20.1 points, making up for lackluster RB play.
RWL’s team was dragged way, way down by the second half of his starting lineup. The only thing worse than Tavon Austin’s game was the actual football game in which he participated. Maybe with Jared Goff coming in, Austin will emerge as an elite WR option. (he won’t). Lance Kendricks has been a reliable TE, but he was another Jeff Fisher victim this week.

Personal Breesus vs Purple Grank
It’s not every week that the #1 team in the league gets absolutely blown out. Purple won by over SEVENTY POINTS. That’s more than our league commissioner (AKA the bye week) scored total. Even Gronk getting his lung punctured while failing to do much of anything productive didn’t hurt Purple. Purple’s excellent decision earlier last week to pick up the Ravens D against Cleveland payed off with 16 points, but ultimately didn’t matter. He could have run without a D and still soared to an easy win. Also, hats off to Willie Snead (which sounds like the name of a racist cartoon) for his first excellent game since week 1.
Why did Breesus lose? Player bye weeks sidelined SIX of his players, including Frank Gore, who has been fanstastic. Seven of his starting players combined for only 31 points. The other three did okay, but it’s very hard to come back from that. Now that Christine Michael has been CUT from the Seahawks, Breesus is going to have to hope Frank Gore continues his production after returning from his bye week. Breesus has a well-timed bye week against the league commissioner to lick his wounds.

My Doctor Prescribed Weed vs RG THREE DICKS
Another wide margin of victory, this time coming between two lovely teams with losing records.
RG3 scored the highest out of anyone this week, propelled by a monster Seahawks game and Le’Veon Bell thrashing the elite Dallas D for 34.4 points. Even Tyler Boyd being his usual craptastic self didn’t have an effect on RG3’s domination.
Weedman’s two-TE play didn’t work out nearly as well as Mods Knew. Lackluster running backs dragged down his score, too. Ultimately, there was nothing Weed could do this week. No one on his bench scored more than 4 points, and two of his bench slots are empty. In a league this deep, its hard to find much fault with a short-staffed bench (there are few worthwhile pickups available), but a 4-6 team should start thinking about reaching for new players if it wants any hope at squeaking into the playoffs.

Genie in a Bortles vs DAB NATION
The closest game this week was won by a team whose defense scored negative six points and whose opponent started a WR on a bye week, plus left two players on the bench that scored a combined 58.9. Those two players would have been enough of a difference over their corresponding starters to have won the matchup and helped Dab hold on to a shot at the playoffs. With this loss and Alshon Jeffery getting suspended for the next four games, Dab’s playoff hopes are looking grim.
Genie in a Bortles should have lost just for leaving Bortles on the bench in a week when he outscored the starting QB, but Ezekial Elliot, assisted by the elite Dallas O-line, scored an unbelievable 40.9 points. That’s over 30% of the points scored by the entire team. The rest of the team was garbage, no one else even scoring over 17 points, and yet they collectively won the day. Disgusting.

Bang Bang (BYE WEEK)
Bang Bang had the week off. His players, in their exhibition match, scored a collective 144.1 points. Ty Montgomery, who went from being a WR to being a RB, had a whopping three carries. Never trust Mike McCarthy run games. Ben Roethlisberger had a nice day despite facing the elite Dallas pass rush, but he could have scored zero points and Bang Bang would still have been fine. Bang Bang needs to win next week to avoid being tied for second place with blue squares, who currently has the edge in points for.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm glad you guys liked my commentary! :D it was fun to make

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If Jordy Nelson doesnt catch a TD pass, I'm cooked

The commissioner hasn't posted on Something Awful in over 2 months. What are the odds he just keeps the money

blue squares fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 21, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just realized I'm an idiot and thought the playoffs only had 4 teams. I thought that I was about to be knocked out of contention because I scored the second most points of the week against the team that scored the most points.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks for the write ups! Yeah, I can't believe I lost. I think I'll slide into the playoffs, though. And the final writeup made me laugh out loud a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you Nibbler and your LeSean McCoy

• Locked thread