Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
Is there still an open spot?

Edit: If there is, any chance of changing minimum bid to 0?

toybux fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
OK well if it isn't TASTE THE PAIN!! then I'll take the last spot.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

Its Miller Time posted:

This isn't an auction league.

toybux we're happy to have you in the last spot. Please PM me your email. You can join the Leaguesafe yourself I believe.

PMed. I get it isn't an auction league, but is the free agency auctions? The league settings seem to indicate there is, which is what I was suggesting be changed to a 0 min bid. Not a huge deal though.

Edit: And joined the Leaguesafe too.

toybux fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 22, 2016

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I'm not familiar with how ESPN's continuous waivers works--is there a period where its first come first serve add/drop after the auction? If so, I don't mind the $1 min bid, but if not then I prefer a $0 min bid because it makes strategies like streaming defenses not chew up a ton of your FAAB on otherwise unbidded on players.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I'm cool with keeping the minimum. I would also prefer if the championship ended before week 17; can get pretty weird for fantasy that week.

As for payouts, I like Miller Time's idea. I'd say maybe make the weekly high score payout only for the regular season (then 13x$5=$65) and then add the remainder as a bonus for whoever finishes the regular season with the most points ($15).

toybux fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 23, 2016

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
Rather than the season points champ bonus, we could do weekly $1 bonuses for the highest scoring (non-QB) player each week through the regular season, with an extra $2 bonus at the end to the highest weekly individual player score on the season. I enjoy little weekly bonuses, adds a little extra fun element.

I think I vote for the 6 team playoff with byes for 1/2 seeds. I like the two-week playoff round format, but if we want to avoid week 17, that means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd just rather have the extra regular season game.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

Its Miller Time posted:

2-week rounds wouldn't really work with 6 teams. You need 3 rounds for 6 teams, you'd spend 6 weeks in the playoffs.

Yes, I was unclear. The 4 team 2 week play off would take 4 weeks, which means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I haven't drafted on ESPN in ages--how do you actually get into the draft room once it goes live?

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I haven't had a draft where the guy I wanted was taken the pick before mine so many times. It was painful. Overall this was one of the sharper drafts I've been in for a while, actually pretty fun (though would have been a lot more fun with two or three less snipes).

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

Nibbler posted:

Grank, I had to turn down your trade as Murray is my most consistent player especially with McCoy going down and thanks to Rex Ryan the genius, who knows how long he is going to be out for.

Fair enough. My RB position is just a dumpster fire. If anyone has an RB they want to deal for a WR hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

blue squares posted:

Why in the gently caress is Purple Grank playing the Browns defense against me? I feel like I'm supposed to be insulted by that, like when Brady punts on 3rd down

Fitzpatrick and a dream

• Locked thread