Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
No kicker? Awesome. I'm totally back in, this was fun last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I paid my :10bux:x5.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I agree we shouldn't go into week 17, that tends to go poorly. I like the proposed payout changes too, with toybux's alteration. I'm still thinking about the FAAB minimum.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I definitely vote for more than 60 seconds. At least 90, and I wouldn't object to 120. Not sure about the accelerating, it's possible on NFL.com leagues but I don't know for sure about ESPN.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Where do you see the grade? I'm sure ESPN will recognize my drafting genius.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Nibbler posted:

It's really annoying drafting against people that aren't idiots, I'm not used to that.

I know, I was thinking of adding a Yahoo public league just to get the full pubbie experience.

I don't hate my team, but I know the WRs are going to be a struggle all year.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

blue squares posted:

I didn't get an email with a draft grade (probably because I logged in with Facebook) and I don't see it on the site. I'm curious about mine. How do I find it?

I couldn't find mine either and I didn't log in with Facebook. :iiam:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
As your opponent, I'm less psyched about this situation.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

blue squares posted:

So, Miller Time.... are you still planning to do this? It's one of the main reasons I joined this league. I get it, though, if actual real life stuff has you too busy.

He sent it out the last two weeks, so I'm guessing he might not have the right email address for you.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I finally won a week! It's a goddamn miracle!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
That sucks, get it together commish.

That said, I'm glad it wasn't against me.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

blue squares posted:

Me too. We could crowdsource it, rotate week to week the commentary and just post it in the thread. How does that sound? I'll do this weekend's. Here's a sign up sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mIOkT_s_xH-MVrbVz03ewYJ1Kw_Od7LY85GFppnSlHI/edit?usp=sharing

I'll give it a shot, but I make no claims as to the incisiveness of my commentary.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Good writeups, blue squares. Although I would prefer if you would refer to my team as "scrappy underdogs" rather than as a "garbage team".

And like I'm supposed to trust loving Bortles.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
It's on majority vote, isn't it? If he vanishes completely, I think we can get Leaguesafe to pay it out appropriately. Last year he had it on commissioner decides and he took a while to pay it out, but did eventually.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I lost to our MIA commish this week, and Trevor Siemian got 35 points, and I have to do the writeup this week.

Okay.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Thank you for understanding how I feel.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
So I just realized I never did the write up for last week, so sorry about being an rear end in a top hat. If people are still interested, I'll get it up tomorrow.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
My late Week 12 writeups, for your consideration.

Russell Wilson's Libido vs. Blue Squares (Temp Name)

This was a close matchup that wasn't decided until Monday night. Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson connected for a combined 44.2 on MNF to give Blue Squares the edge. Both teams had some solid performers, with Shady McCoy's 29.4 points the standout for RWL. Fun fact: Shady was drafted directly after Eddie Lacy, and is currently the number 6 RB by our scoring. RWL could have pulled it out if he'd played some of his bench players, with Tavon Austin and Lance Kendrick putting up better numbers than Brandon LaFell and Greg Olsen, but that's some extreme Monday morning QBing, and who would ever have that much faith in the Rams? Blue Squares put up a solid win with Anquan Boldin and Terrelle Pryor putting in some of the strongest work. The good news for RWL is that he could afford the loss, as it dropped him only to a 9-3 record with still a likely first round bye in the playoffs.

RG Three Dicks vs. Bang Bang

In the closest match of the week, RG Three Dicks squeaked out a narrow 4.2 point victory. Both teams had strong performances across their lineups, with RG3's being a little more consistent. In fact, the QB was the lowest scoring player except DST on his roster, with Russell Wilson putting up only 10 points and no TDs. Devonta Freemon and Le'Veon Bell were their usual consistent high scoring selves, and Davante Adams had a huge 2 TD night on Monday to put RG3 over the top. Bang Bang got a strong 26.8 points out of Big Ben, and Mike Evans had the highest score of the week with 30.4 points. The Giants defense dunked all over the Browns, with a big 22 point performance. Unfortunately, both of his TEs decided to do what TEs do, and randomly combined for one target and zero points. Flexing one of the solid WRs on the bench would have improved the situation.

Mods Knew vs. Personal Breesus

Our biggest blowout of the week. The margin of victory was 43 points, as despite Mods Knew putting up a very respectable 136.6, Breesus blew it out of the water with the highest score of the week, 179.6. Breesus was well named this week, as Drew Brees scored over 40 points with 4 passing touchdowns and a bonus rushing TD for good value. With three more players scoring over 30 points, including the always reliable David Johnson, Michael Thomas and Jordan Reed, this match was over by Sunday afternoon. The few disappointing spots were Frank Gore and the Bills DST, but it didn't matter with the big hitters. Mods Knew had a high score of 29.2 from Emmanuel Sanders and Jonathan Stewart dug deep to get a season high 21.6 points, but it wasn't enough to overcome the Brees juggernaut. A few WRs on the bench could have filled in for the 0 point performance of Kendall Wright, but it wasn't going to make up the deficit. Breesus has the highest Points For in the league on the season right now, and with weeks like this you can see why.

Purple Grank vs. Fitz Out for Harambe

Another fairly one sided match, as Purple Grank's players just didn't show up this week. Philip River had a strong 25.7 point performance over the Texans, but neither of the RBs Blount or Chris Thompson got much going. ARob has been inconsistent all year and this week was a down week. Willie Snead's 16.8 was a bit of a bright spot, as was Crabtree's 19, but that was really all the positive that Grank had going on, and it only brought him to a total of 108.4. Gronk's 0 and now being out for the season for back surgery is just adding insult to injury. Fitz Out took home the W with a decent performance. AB84 was awesome as usual with 32.1 points and the high score, which was a good counter to Brandin Cooks laying a 0 down unexpectedly. Mark Ingram had a very good day helping to roll over the Rams with over 150 yards from scrimmage, a rushing TD and a receiving TD, for a total of 29.7 points. Kelce had a good day as well, and seems to being heating up as the season comes to a close, which could be good news for Fitz in the playoffs.

Dab Nation vs. My Doctor Prescribed Weed

Dab Nation had a relatively commanding victory over My Doctor Prescribed Weed, 139.6 to 111. Tight end was one position that factored into that, with Dab's TE Eifert bringing home a very respectable 17.8 points, which Weed's Julius Thomas ended up not playing due to injury. Hunter Henry sat neglected on the bench. The QB position was pretty even, which Mariota and Cam both having pretty good days. What made the difference for Dab was strong performances from Ted Ginn Jr. (22.8), Carlos Hyde (20.5) and a solid 14.4 from Seth Roberts. The Raiders DST also had a pretty good day with 12 points despite allowing 32 points to Carolina, with a whole bunch of strong D play including a pick 6, two fumble recoveries and two sacks. Weed had a lousy outing from Tyler Lockett, who missed all six of his targets and gained only 0.9 points through rushing yards. That caused ESPN fantasy to declare "Lockett shouldn't be on fantasy rosters at this point", so naturally in week 13 he scored 24.8 points, because fantasy football doesn't make any drat sense.

Genie in a Bortles vs. Touchdown There

Speaking of fantasy not making any sense, there was this thing. Our MIA commish had put up 22.2 points the previous week, and scores in the 60s for the two weeks before that, so I'll admit I didn't stress about my lineup too much. Kyle Rudolph scored a nice 15.4 on Thanksgiving, but I didn't worry overly. After all, injured Gio was still in the lineup, and TDT doesn't bother with playing a defense. Plus his QB was Trevor Siemian. So yeah, I felt okay. All day Sunday I kept an eye on the matchup, and TDT was staying around, fueled by a nice 23.9 performance by Inman, but I was still solidly ahead. I went out to dinner at a sports bar and Siemian had around 4 points at halftime, so I knew it was all good. Went home, had a few drinks and watched Westworld with my roommates. Checked my fantasy scores, and apparently Trevor Siemian went super saiyan in the second half? I still don't really know what happened here, but I hate it very much. Shoutout to Bortles, Zeke and Edelman on my team for some good wasted effort. Turns out DeSean Jackson over SSS would have been the way to go, apparently. Anyway, fantasy football is bad and my only consolation is that I probably wasn't going to get near the playoffs anyway. Trevor loving Siemian.

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 6, 2016

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Someone tell me if I'm looking at the rankings right, and that if I had one more win I'd be in the playoffs?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Cool.

:sigh:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Whoever wins can take it up with Leaguesafe, and I assume some of us other members will happily corroborate.

Yeah, I checked the settings earlier. We're on some kind of majority vote setting where I think it would pay out faster if the commish approved it, but eventually the winner should get their money even if he never shows up.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I don't think we ever came to a consensus on payout. Something like $300, $200, $100 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd? $350, $175, $75?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Has any tried to email Miller? He might take 5 minutes to plug in an allocation for us and speed this thing up.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I've got it bookmarked too, so whenever we're ready I can vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Voted. This poo poo is dumb and there should be a better way to do it, but whatever works I guess.

• Locked thread