Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I've run a big money league for the last 2 years now. I sent invitations to previous participants but it'll a first-come first-serve deal. For those of you who are new, I write a weekly color commentary that covers each match and add some nifty statistics and charts at the bottom showing total points for each team, the average score each week etc. Rules and times open to discussion.

Details:
9/1 draft at 6:30PM PST, snake, order posted once 12 people have paid using a RNG
12 teams, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 flex, no kicker with 20 total spots.
PPR, 6 points per passing TD
ESPN: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1298691&seasonId=2016
A Leaguesafe has been setup with payouts determined by majority rule: https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3523447/its-miller-time-sa-league#sthash.dOKO5gVm.dpuf

1. Me
2. Tiptoes
3. Green Gloves
4. Ninja Bob
5. Dubious
6. VietCampo
7. will the thrill
8. DeliciousMonster
9. 5436
10. Nibbler
11. blue squares
12. toybux

All paid.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I am thrilled at the level of interest. Those who were around last year know the trouble we had. We ended up going with an 8 man league with something like 8 or 9 starting RB/WRs.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Please pay into the Leaguesafe. We already have 8/9 people and this will be happening.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I just looked a little - I guess I have to invite you and everyone else who is new. Please PM me your email or post it using [ spoiler] email [/ spoiler] (take out space within each bracket) and edit it out once you get the invite.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

VietCampo, Dubious and Green Gloves, you should have received invitations to the ESPN league and the Leaguesafe.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Great, added you 2. We have 12 in the ESPN and 11 in the Leagesafe, I have to figure out who's MIA and is vestigial and not participating this year.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Thanks to everyone who responded to my email today. You all have done a fantastic job of paying. We have 11 people in the Leaguesafe and 10 have paid.

Tiptoes, will the thrill and 5436, if you could PM or email me your email and real name, I'm trying to match everything up so I know who is who.

My email is joshmiller0802 at gmail

We still need 1 more!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

First come first serve. Confirm he's interested, send me his information before someone else posts and he's in.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

There's too much variance, with one team you can get screwed if your top pick or 2 eats it. 5436 still needs to pay and we still need 1 more.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

This isn't an auction league.

toybux we're happy to have you in the last spot. Please PM me your email. You can join the Leaguesafe yourself I believe.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ok great we have 12 people. I had to delete 2 ESPN teams, I think there was a team left over from last year, so 5436 and toybux please check your email and rejoin if necessary.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Pick # 1 : will the thrill
Pick # 2 : Green Gloves
Pick # 3 : Tiptoes
Pick # 4 : VietCampo
Pick # 5 : 5436
Pick # 6 : blue squares
Pick # 7 : Dubious
Pick # 8 : Nibbler
Pick # 9 : DeliciousMonster
Pick # 10 : toybux
Pick # 11 : Ninja Bob
Pick # 12 : Its Miller Time

No trading draft picks.

I am open to a $0 FA acquisition price though my personal preference is to keep it $1. Any idea with the support of 4 people will be put up to a vote on the night of the draft and will pass if it has majority support.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 22, 2016

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

No. Waivers currently clear Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 12 PM. You have a budget of $100.

Speaking just as another participant: You could stream 17 defenses and still have $83. I don't know how many free agency transactions the average person does but you could still do 20-40 transactions at $1 and still be active in free agency for big players. I like how your FAAB is finite and must be managed with the rest of the season in mind, balancing future bids and your week-to-week $1 needs.

Did I mention I changed playoffs to be 2 weeks long? 4 teams, round 1 is weeks 14-15, round 2 is weeks 16-17.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 23, 2016

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

It doesn't seem like I announced that playoff change. Is everyone ok with that? We could change the number of teams, do 6 teams with a bye for #1 and #2, or change it to 1 week playoffs and do 14 weeks and then playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. I kind of like the second idea, I'm wary about making the championship depend partially on week 17 when teams are resting their starters.

We also need to decide on a payout structure. The leaguesafe is set to majority vote this year, not commissioner control. I'd like to get a little creative this year to make things fun. If we did 16 weeks:

$5 each for the highest score of the week in the regular season: $65
Some payout to highest scorer in the regular season
$50 to the winner of the consolation bracket. I read a good idea about it being a non-elimination 2-4 week (depending on playoff length) points derby
$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

I'll put this alongside something more traditional ($500 for first, $100 for second) up to a vote before the draft.

I like your idea toybux and I like changing the playoffs to not go into week 17.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 23, 2016

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Green gloves - I'd suggest looking through the 2015 league history, I imagine you can see the prices free agents went for last year. It was a mixed bag - sometimes great players slipped by for $5 and other times people dropped $50 on someone who ended up being a 1 week wonder.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Thank you to everyone for your interest, ideas and time.

More practical might be a $1 for the highest scorer at each of the 3-4 major positions each week? When I googled I've seen proposals like "longest TD", but that's not something that's easily tracked through ESPN's fantasy platform. I'd prefer stuff that can be pulled up using ESPN's scoring leaders, which gives weekly and season detail of player's basic NFL and fantasy stats.

Seems safe to say consensus is the playoffs should end by week 16. Done. There a few other variables though:

Number of players: Currently 4, could go up to 6 IMO
Use of a Bye: If you have 6 you can either give #1 and #2 a bye or have 3 matches.
Length: 2 weeks per playoff round or 1 week

I think my preference would be 6 teams, use of a bye for #1 and #2 and 1 week playoffs. However, adding the extra 2 teams does increase the length of the playoffs by 1 week (worst 4 play, 2 winners go up against 2 teams with bye in semis then the championship week).

I am also not thrilled at picking at the turn. If everyone could make lovely first round picks it'd be really appreciated.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 24, 2016

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

toybux posted:

Rather than the season points champ bonus, we could do weekly $1 bonuses for the highest scoring (non-QB) player each week through the regular season, with an extra $2 bonus at the end to the highest weekly individual player score on the season. I enjoy little weekly bonuses, adds a little extra fun element.

I think I vote for the 6 team playoff with byes for 1/2 seeds. I like the two-week playoff round format, but if we want to avoid week 17, that means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd just rather have the extra regular season game.

2-week rounds wouldn't really work with 6 teams. You need 3 rounds for 6 teams, you'd spend 6 weeks in the playoffs.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Another thing I was thinking about is changing the time in the draft to 120 seconds instead of 60 seconds. I don't like to be rushed. Does anyone know if it's possible to accelerate it once you've started? Perhaps after the 8th round if possible.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

toybux posted:

Yes, I was unclear. The 4 team 2 week play off would take 4 weeks, which means ending the regular season at week 12, and I'd rather do the 13 game regular season with 6 team 1 week playoffs starting in week 14, with the championship week 16. Seems like the best format, 12 teams with 12 weeks and only 4 playoff teams is a lot of variance.

I can quote poo poo too motherfuckers

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm sorry about the 20 player roster. We ran this league with 9 people last year and I forgot to change it. It's no longer possible to change.

I don't really like my team. You all are a lot tougher to draft against than the other goon leagues I'm in.

QB: Carson Palmer, Tyrod Taylor and RG3
RB: CJ Anderson, Gio, Sims, Vereen Spiller
WR: B. Marshall, K. Allen, Decker, C. Coleman, J. Brown, M. Wheaton, S. Roberts and Ted Ginn
TE: Dwayne Allen & Zach Miller
DST: Bucs

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I had Theo Riddick go in the last round, 15, in a goon draft Wednesday. He went in the 7th in our draft. I think my favorite team is Dab Nation's:

QB: Cousins, Mariota, M. Ryan
RB: AP, Forte, J. White, Hyde, Hill, T. Coleman, McKinnon, CJ Prosise
WR: Jeffery, Watkins, Diggs, C. Johnson, M. Mitchell
TE: Barnidge, ASJ, Eifert
DST: Broncos

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

My team is looking up this week. C. Coleman, Decker and Gio all put up 25. I might be starting all 3 Jets receivers next week. I also have Vereen and Sims, who both had their starting RB go down. I will post a quick Monday night preview shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I lost 156 to 159.

• Locked thread