Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm totally in again. I like this league and I've finished #1 and #2 the last two years (so close to going back-to-back!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

In my personal experience, I prefer having the FAAB minimum. And I'm speaking as someone who has conserved his budget for use during the playoffs and as someone who used it all up before the playoffs even started. I like the element of having to be smart with my money.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

It doesn't seem like I announced that playoff change. Is everyone ok with that? We could change the number of teams, do 6 teams with a bye for #1 and #2, or change it to 1 week playoffs and do 14 weeks and then playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. I kind of like the second idea, I'm wary about making the championship depend partially on week 17 when teams are resting their starters.
I'm cool with going 4 teams/2 weeks-per-game playoffs but like the others, I'd prefer it end on week 16.

quote:

We also need to decide on a payout structure. The leaguesafe is set to majority vote this year, not commissioner control. I'd like to get a little creative this year to make things fun. If we did 16 weeks:

$5 each for the highest score of the week in the regular season: $65
Some payout to highest scorer in the regular season
$50 to the winner of the consolation bracket. I read a good idea about it being a non-elimination 2-4 week (depending on playoff length) points derby
$70 to 3rd place
$100 to 2nd place
$300 to 1st place

toybux posted:

As for payouts, I like Miller Time's idea. I'd say maybe make the weekly high score payout only for the regular season (then 13x$5=$65) and then add the remainder as a bonus for whoever finishes the regular season with the most points ($15).
I like these ideas. Keeps things competitive and I'm more into the fun of it than the payout.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

Another thing I was thinking about is changing the time in the draft to 120 seconds instead of 60 seconds. I don't like to be rushed. Does anyone know if it's possible to accelerate it once you've started? Perhaps after the 8th round if possible.
I believe this is doable. My local ESPN league had guys bitching about how long it was taking last year and I'm almost positive our commish was able to to reduce the clock time mid-draft.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The draft room opened an hour before the draft. If you go to your team page on ESPN.com, there should be a button to enter the draft room.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

blue squares posted:

Yeah I think it's gonna be a great season. No idea who will win. I hope I didn't gently caress up by grabbing Rodgers in the 5th
The QBs were just too good to keep waiting on one after a point. I was really tempted to go after Newton/Wilson/Rogers when I still saw them on the board in the 4th round and had to convince myself to keep waiting. Then I'm on the clock in the 7th and Drew Brees is still there and it seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The waiver wire is so barren it's hilarious. There will be a single available player that goes off in Week 1 or 2 and someone will spend 80% of their budget. I hope we see some trades this year.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The season has officially started!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Holy poo poo what an intense first week. Thank you, Drew Brees and DeAngelo Williams, for being absolute monsters!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Thanks for the effort guys but I'm not sure it was necessary this week.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

*does the 5-0 with the most points in the league dance*

I'm really glad I gambled on David Johnson at #3 overall in the draft. He has been everything I hoped for. Please never die.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Nibbler posted:

Bang bang and I are only like a few pts back and you basically just invited a dj injury so good going dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwP780LBw8

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Good win. I knew my undefeated streak wouldn't last forever but it was fun while it lasted. I even pulled JJ Nelson's 2 TD performance out of my rear end for my second flex spot in order to make you work for it!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I guess something must've happened to our commish. He was on the ball the first two seasons and fielded some strong teams.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Thank you, David Johnson, for being a beast among beasts. #1 seed and most points scored, baby!

god i hope i don't get bounced in the second round...

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Crowder picked a wonderful night to have his worst game of the year but 31 combined yards from Crowder/Reed was apparently good enough!

I am praying for no stat corrections...

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Nibbler posted:

I'm good with $350/$175/$75 if Breesus is.
I'm good with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Well at least I'll get my shameful 2nd place prize eventually. Guess I'll have to find a new league next year. I liked this one too. I've been in every championship matchup since the league was started three years ago.

• Locked thread