Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Lapre posted:

Aquaero 6 if you are baller.

Aquaero 5 LT if you are not.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Lapre posted:

Here ya go

That is quite the nice setup. I don't do any pc gaming, but would love to build a custom loop like that.

I wonder how many nerds have watercooled their whitebox home server?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Lapre posted:

I think Linus has a water-cooled server in his rack om linustechtips

Ha. I will never be as cool as that guy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Post a few pics

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I was under the impression no one ran colored liquid outside of showing off/pictures?

Wait for Don to chime in.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
They also make thermal pads for m.2 SSDs. No idea on how much they would help for the bottom side.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Really, x399 AMD? Couldn't stay with your own naming convention.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Good job!

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Both soft and hard tubing can look great, and horrible. It all really depends on the layout as well.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
So I have an HP OEM 3090 that I am planning out a build around. Trying to keep it SFF, while still having some livable thermals. Currently I am planning on using an NR200 for a case.

Anyone have any experience with Bykski waterblocks? I have been eyeballing this one. An active backplate is a must, since this card likes to cook the memory chips on the backside of the PCB.

https://www.bykski.us/products/byks...n-rtx3090h-x-v2

I was also hoping to go with this goofy combo CPU block/pump/res.

http://www.barrowint.com/product/cpuslt/Barrowch_CPU_Water_Block/1615.html

For radiators, I can fit a 240mm radiator up top and a 92mm rad on the back.

For the loop I was planning on going

- CPU block pump
- 240mm rad
- GPU
- 92mm rad
- back to start

Any thoughts on this? I am new to the water cooling game.

Moey fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 2, 2022

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

VelociBacon posted:

It's doable... but I would probably get an AIO for the cpu and leave the GPU air cooled. I don't think you have the radiator space for a decent cooling solution for both so why add complexity with no benefit.

I have been messing around with the GPU. If I wanted to leave it air-cooled, I would have to take some drastic measures to get fast airflow over the backplate. Thus me looking at the full coverage waterblock.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

spunkshui posted:

Please stop buying cases for power switches people.

Its more convenient to mount them externally anyway.

:negative:

On Off Power SW Cables, Black https://a.co/d/bFkl2W9

Am I the only one who doesn't shut down my poo poo?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Trolling Thunder posted:

What's up everyone, hope everyone is keeping it cool and dry.

I'm looking for a water block for a founder's edition rtx 3070

QUESTION: Is a waterblock for a "reference cooler" the same as a block for a "founders edition" ?

Nope, FE boards are different from reference for the 3xxx to my knowledge. That is the case for the 3090 at least. I would assume it is the same for the 3070.

The FE PCBs have like a V notch/cut in the PCB for that flow through air cooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

ZombieCrew posted:

Ive never really liked their products, but i had no idea how lovely of a company EK is.

I've skirted around them with my one custom loop build a few years back, mostly due to my feelings that they were crazy overpriced because of their name.

Ended up using some Bykski parts (3090 block and a combo CPU block/pump/res. Corsair for some decently priced radiators as well.

Other than the GPU block install being a little tedious (not entirely their fault) + not great install doc, I've been pretty pleased with everything else.