Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
what if you just hook up a laser cutter chiller to a cooling loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

do you people not keep your computer inside a dessicated box or what

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Kaleidoscopic Gaze posted:

A combination of immersion cooling and phase-change cooling: Your motherboard is mounted in a pressure vessel, and you have your central AC condenser funneling liquid freon into the chamber, where hot components cause it to evaporate.

http://www.electronics-cooling.com/2005/11/advances-in-high-performance-cooling-for-electronics/

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Numinous posted:

I don't. This was back in the day where I think I maybe had a 640x480 digital camera and definitely not a cell phone.

It was a cool build too - ran dual power supplies so I could turn on the peltier and water pump before booting the system. Had wired up a 'slam style' kill switch in the event that the peltier power supply died because I would only have like 60 seconds before I fried the CPU (way before internal temp monitors would throttle back power).

a relay with a buzzer or something would've been just as cool. you could even get a delayed timing relay for effect!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

can we just change this to "cooling thread" because i feel like as a forum there's not enough fanchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

My computer has noctua case fans (Lu's the 200mm that came with it) and the stock Intel cooler, and the NIB gentle typhoons someone dropped off for recycling at work just sit in a box, forlorn