Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
AIOs on GPUs are awesome. The net difference in noise is pretty unreal. However I've never had audible pump noise. I used a kraken x40 and a thermaltake performer 2.0 (which was like $40). I stopped recommending it because lots say they had bad pump noise so perhaps I was lucky.

Open loops are cool but from a more for fun point of view these days imo. I just can't justify the cost though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Is there an AIO that has two pumps ?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Don Lapre posted:

Not that ive ever seen. Coolit and Asetek make most of them and they both do pump on block. Antec has a design that puts the pump in the fan hub.

These things are being produced as cheap as possible so throwing another pump in isn't worthwhile not to mention issues with space and noise.

Oh I worded that badly. Is there a AIO with two, er blocks? I'm not sure the correct word. If there is one cheap enough I might bolt it to the side of a RVZ02 mitx case and watercool my gpu and cpu lol

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Don Lapre posted:

As nice as the EK predator is, id just tell someone to go custom loop if they are gonna start doing multiple components.

I looked and looked and didnt really find what I was looking for, which was a basic AIO with two blocks instead of one. It's simpler for me just to buy two cheap AIO's. As for fitment... I'm planning on mounting them to the outside lol.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Don Lapre posted:

If you want to go AIO with 2 blocks you do this

http://www.ekwb.com/predator/

and a prefilled block. Basically any EK block can be purchased prefilled. Then you just connect it inline with the cpu and radiator.

Yeah that thing looks sweet as hell but the waterblock alone practically costs as much as the whole setup I want. I'm going to jump on the first h55s I see that are on sale, hopefully for around $50 a pop, and a $30 G10, drill some holes and attach them to the side of the case. It's going to look funny.