Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

KodiakRS posted:

I'm about to start my first hardline build and have a few questions:

1. How do you measure complex tubes that require multiple bends that aren't in the same plane?

1b. What's the best method for making the bends in the type of tube mentioned above and keeping them square with each other? Would sandwiching the first bend between two books/blocks vertically while bending the second flat against the table work?

2. How much wiggle room is there with PMMA headline? Like if the pipe is a few degrees off from perfectly aligned with the fitting but fits if you put a little more tension on it is that going to cause the tube to press against the o-ring unevenly and create a bad seal?

3. Is it OK to mix cooling fluids? I have 1L of corsair coolant but I don't know if that's going to be enough as I'm running 2 extra thick radiators, a GPU block, CPU block, the pump/res, and all the tubing.

4. I'll have one rad on the bottom of the case and one in the top. What's the preferred intake and exhaust configuration for that sort of setup?

5. How much of my sanity am I going to lose trying to get a really clean looking result with my first hardline attempt?

Ive been working on my first hardline build all day today.

1. The plastic will only bend where you heat it. I had one tube with 2 bends very close because of clearances. I did the first 90 and let it cool. The second bend couldnt be a full 90 because of how close it was and thickness of the tube. Still looks alright. If you need multi bends in one tube and want them close, allow for a straight part between each bend. If you cant, buy extra tubing and play around til you like what you see. Buy extra anyways. I hosed up the very first bend today.

When you measure leave a little extra on each end. Its better to cut more as you need to than cut it too short. I make my first bend and then see how it lines up in the pc. Just proceed from there.

2. Very little flex room. I havent pressure or leak tested yet. We'll see!

3. No idea. Sorry.

4. Ive researched this ad nauseum. So many answers. Im runnin 3 rads and i decided to do bottom and side intakes and top vent. We'll see!

5. All of it. Just remind yourself that its your first time doing this and it aint gonna be perfect. Make it so you're happy and its functuonal. Doesnt need to win a social media prize..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Old Balls McGee posted:

Well, first foray into any sort of liquid cooling on a PC.

First real bend and I'm only out about a 1/16" from one end to the other, as best as I can measure.

I'm sure the rest won't go as easy though.

I just finished my first water cooled custom loop a couple weeks ago. Nothing went down like i initially planned. Im happy its up and running and i learned a lot through the process, but ill be fixing a few bends whenever i need to do some maintence in a year or so.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Ive never really liked their products, but i had no idea how lovely of a company EK is.