Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Just a heads up for people wanting to do custom loops, you can spend a ton of cash on fittings. I didn't really plan my tubing very well when I did my first hard tubed acrylic build and probably spent over 200 bucks on fittings. I had a lot of components but still even with the bare minimum it adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Well after just over five years of service my loop sprung a leak at a fitting and fried my motherboard. After taking it apart I was actually really surprised at how much the minor vibrations from the pump and fans loosened up fitting and screws.

I guess when I do my annual flush and fluid replacement I need to tighten everything up.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I think I want to redo my build once I get my hands on a 3080 for no good reason other than boredom. Any suggestions for a case that can handle a pair of 360 radiators? Cost isn’t a huge concern but I’d rather be in the lower hundreds and not the higher hundreds.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

ilkhan posted:

Lots of cases can handle dual 360s. The go to is the loan li O11D, but there are good alternatives. I'm partial to fractal design cases, but not everyone is.

Yeah the Lian Li looked OK. I want to try and use a distribution block with integrated pump to reduce tubing bends and EK makes one for that case. My D5 is like 11 years old so it's probably time for a replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion.