Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Water cooling is fun. I've had an AIO in the past and now an EKWB L240 kit. Need to get a GPU block one of these days and add that in to the loop as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

Custom water blocks are expensive. I think the one I need for my 1070 is around 140 shipped.

Yeah, the one for my MSI 1070 is that price not including the extra tubing and fittings. EK-FC1080 GTX TF6 :(

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Gibbo posted:

I've seen toy cars with a thicker radiator than that.

Just because a thing can be acquired cheap doesn't mean it should be. That's basically 60$ for something hardly better than a stock cooler. Total surface area on that is likely half of a hyper 212 at best, not to mention the garbage fan on it and non adjustable pump.

I ran an overclocked 2500k with one of these many years ago and it kept things cooler than a 212 at max load. :shrug:

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Gibbo posted:

Is the radiator thicker than that picture makes it look? The one there makes it look like a slim rad. And I double checked and I was thinking of the cryorig h7 when I was making the size comparison. I get those two mixed up.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't put a pump that only cost 60$ in any system I built so there's no way in hell I'd put in a pump that represented a fraction of that cost as part of a whole unit

Looks about like that in person. it's 27mm deep.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Cooled by piss and or beer. I think the bottle of lime green concentrate I got has been on the shelf a while. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

I wanna see that with my 'Lime Green'(piss color) coolant.