Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Quick question for you guys. I recently had a prebuilt pc delivered as I'm not the most tech savvy person and everything else works fine but the water cooling system does not seem to be running at all when I boot up the system which had led me to believe that the pump is switched off or something although I can't seem to see a way to switch it on. What exactly am I looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
It's a closed loop Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic and as for the pics these are the best I could muster, my phone camera is dogshit.

The display at the front of the pc is dead, nothing lit up and the liquid doesn't appear to be moving at all inside. The cabling on it is super tidy and everything is tucked so I'm not really confident with dissecting it all in poor lighting. Also I just checked and the fans are running, there's just no movement in the liquid or display.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 1, 2016

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Sorry for the double post but should the liquid be moving in the tubes or stationary?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
There is movement in the liquid in the reservoir but the tubes themselves don't show any movement at all.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

PerrineClostermann posted:

If it looks like there's flow in the res, then it should be cooling. What are your temps like?

Between 28 and 35c when idling although I'm a little scared to push it hard if there's a problem with the cooling.