Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a person should only watch season 1 and 2
detective tritter was just annoying and not enjoyable to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
House is intelligent, but not so intelligent that someone with eyes in their head can't see that he's miserable after spending a week around him.

The detective arc was them floating an idea for a new show but everyone hated it and so they moved on. Wasn't it only like 5 episodes?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Volcott posted:

House is intelligent, but not so intelligent that someone with eyes in their head can't see that he's miserable after spending a week around him.

The detective arc was them floating an idea for a new show but everyone hated it and so they moved on. Wasn't it only like 5 episodes?
certainly 5 of them were pointless and just punishing to watch

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The detective arc was like a lovely version of when foreman was the team over seer for 3 or 4 episodes

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My favorite thing was telling my mom about the "9:50 stare" aka the moment in the episode when House gets the revelation that solves the case.

She couldn't stop noticing it after I pointed it out.

Good show though, despite the formula. Best episodes were ones that broke away from it, like the 3 stories one, or the airplane one, and I really enjoyed the hiring games episodes.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm on the two parter with foreman getting sick from some cop. I think it's the first two parter and it's great

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I'm on the two parter with foreman getting sick from some cop. I think it's the first two parter and it's great

Ah yes, the one where Foreman injects Cameron in order to make her work harder in saving both of their lives. Foreman knows he wouldn't ever see the inside of a court room. Brutal.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, right on the coattails of him saying yo we're not friends we're colleagues

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can really respect the fact they maintain the heart rate monitors in the scenes to make them consistent

Foreman is in pain and his monitor says 110

Sometimes, non medical drama especially, won't bother to change the vitals in the background

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Wait, is that even an elevated heartrate? I am not a doctor.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Respect

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Reminds me of the of time that Dr. House saved Ali G from getting his rear end kicked by some pissed off New Yorker for something that Borat did.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Last Chance posted:

Ah yes, the one where Foreman injects Cameron in order to make her work harder in saving both of their lives. Foreman knows he wouldn't ever see the inside of a court room. Brutal.

Don't forget Foreman's magically-disappearing brain damage!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeh wtf. The second parter ended with him having crossed lobes like a mid episode realization then it's over

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I bet they made part 1 with the intention of killing him off and then by the time they were making part 2 realized they probably shouldn't do that

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

CJacobs posted:

I bet they made part 1 with the intention of killing him off and then by the time they were making part 2 realized they probably shouldn't do that

This was my thought, I was extremely confused when foreman lived but I'm glad because I enjoyed watching his character progress (kinda) throughout the show.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought I missed an episode when the next started like it's all good. What a weird decision

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonesy posted:

This was my thought, I was extremely confused when foreman lived but I'm glad because I enjoyed watching his character progress (kinda) throughout the show.

i thought his progression was kind of worse. i guess it get it, he was turning into bitter cynical black-house but mostly just felt lame and not really interesting to watch.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Yeah I don't mean progress like he became a better person, I just enjoyed watching him slowly become house in spite of everything he claimed. It was also interesting (weird) how he had a personal life, but like only for one episode at a time or some random nurse once

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This episode has a couple of "babies" (props) and yeesh they look really fake.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Im glad house is getting a lot of love itt, usually gbs is so down on stuff. Its great, for all its faults. Iits grooves and patterns are so comforting :)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Volcott posted:

Wait, is that even an elevated heartrate? I am not a doctor.

60 to 80 bpm is Av resting heart rate for an in shape male of his age, so yeah it's elevated

(I got my degree in medicine from watching all seasons of house 6 or 7 times now.)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure if the monitors also update the blood pressure, I think it might depend on the director and how much they utilized their medical consult

This last one with a baby had really inconsistent heart rate monitors. And the foreman one failed too... It was 110 when he got fired up but was like 90 just as the insane pain kicked in.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This lady pooped out her mouth. Self own

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

This lady pooped out her mouth. Self own

I hate that ep

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Wilson's all "I've lost my appetite " cause house helped his friend. Wtf

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good foreshadowing with Amber. He helped his friend by having sex with his friends GF

I think it's exceptional considering Wilson was reading houses caring as protective, "it's a comfort to know that you'll always be protective of your friends"

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I'd probably rewatch it up until those episodes where he's picking a new team. That went on way too long.

You're right, that weird placeholder music they put on it when they show it outside the US is so screechy and annoying. :argh:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
idiots make this show its not even about a house

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've gotten used to it. I think it's just the end credits music?.

Oh poo poo, house got shot

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I've gotten used to it. I think it's just the end credits music?.

Real missed opportunity for the series, never using the gunman again, who was never caught.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bananana posted:

who was never caught.

I never got over this. Literally the only time he ever comes up again is in the first 10 minutes of the next episode, when Cameron mentions that he got away and nobody ever found him. what the hell

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude with the fat tongue needs theme hospital

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Omg that guys eye popped out like the thing

This episode is pretty gory and dark. Good

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 17, 2016

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Not as bad as when Carter and the blonde doctor got stabbed in ER. Those episodes were brutal man.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
medical doctors can gently caress off

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
All the episodes with hallucinations are the best ones

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Omg that guys eye popped out like the thing

This episode is pretty gory and dark. Good

I hate that episode, it's deeply disgusting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That episode screams "we have all this budget left over for props and it's just gonna go to waste if we don't use it by the end of the season!" to me, and I'm perfectly ok with that :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh yes, season 3 has feel good Inc. Really bringing me back

• Locked thread