Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thanks to an especially vivid dream, I have to actively remind myself that no, BTAS Batman was not a regular character on Steven Universe.

This is even harder because of how bizarrely fitting it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Please tell me Alfred made it too. I can see him at the Universe crib gelling pretty well with all of the characters.... sheiiiit, is this how fanfics start? Pearl would admire him, Garnet would have quiet respect, and Amethyst would be all up in his face and poo poo

I haven't rewatched any of the show with my partner, so we're probably due for one of those now

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I mean, he has done a fusion.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

forest spirit posted:

Please tell me Alfred made it too. I can see him at the Universe crib gelling pretty well with all of the characters.... sheiiiit, is this how fanfics start? Pearl would admire him, Garnet would have quiet respect, and Amethyst would be all up in his face and poo poo

I haven't rewatched any of the show with my partner, so we're probably due for one of those now

Alfred pennyworth + pearl fanfic. 300 chapters of passive aggressively trying to out-parent their superhero not quite child. they hate each other for the pettiest reasons BUT everyone else thinks they love each other because they're polite about it.

Alfred singlehandedly poofs Jasper in chapter 125 and the next time she shows up no one knows why she looks different

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nameless Pete posted:

I mean, he has done a fusion.

Wow so Batman and Superman were the original Echo Fighters!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The real funny thing is that the Composite Superman goes way back.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thanks to an especially vivid dream, I have to actively remind myself that no, BTAS Batman was not a regular character on Steven Universe.

This is even harder because of how bizarrely fitting it would be.

You sure you weren't just watching Multiversus footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ5zCua6s6s

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If nothing else, at least Pearl never intentionally tried to kill Steven. Unlike his Grandma.

God, Rose Quartz hosed up a lot but given her home life I can at least appreciate the types of mistakes she made.

Wait, how did I get here from Steven and Batman?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RandomPauI posted:

If nothing else, at least Pearl never intentionally tried to kill Steven.

That we know of, who the gently caress knows what things were like immediately after Steven was born.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

That we know of, who the gently caress knows what things were like immediately after Steven was born.

We know that she thought about removing the gem at least once. We watched her do it in a flashback.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

If nothing else, at least Pearl never intentionally tried to kill Steven. Unlike his Grandma.

God, Rose Quartz hosed up a lot but given her home life I can at least appreciate the types of mistakes she made.

Wait, how did I get here from Steven and Batman?

The through-line is childhood trauma, I'm guessing

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

discuss

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roger should be all four

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Sash! posted:

Roger should be all four

discuss

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sash! posted:

Roger should be all four

I agree with sash!

Also, the personality may be close, but Linda is too open and honest to be pink. She'd never be able to keep a secret identity a secret for thousands of years, or a week, or five minutes.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

The only question remaining is is Jeannie Hold White or Yellow Diamond?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Rrrrraider Diamond!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yellow Roger: Condescension!

Blue Roger: Drama!

Pink Roger: Selfishness!

White Roger: By your power's combined I am....REALLY BAD AT CAPTAINING THIS PLANET! (drunkenly launches Homeworld into the sun while laughing manically)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

White Roger: By your power's combined I am....REALLY BAD AT CAPTAINING THIS PLANET! (drunkenly launches Homeworld into the sun while laughing manically)

That's more a Zim move. And suddenly I'm picturing Roger and Zim getting along horrifyingly well. Possibly with Roger in a very bad but effective GIR disguise.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I giggled at this post.

I like to imagine that *every* single alien race ever imagined by mankind exists and that Roger's met pretty much most of them and has opinions.

"I had sex with a Mmrnmhrm. Do not recommend it."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I giggled at this post.

I like to imagine that *every* single alien race ever imagined by mankind exists and that Roger's met pretty much most of them and has opinions.

"I had sex with a Mmrnmhrm. Do not recommend it."

This is probably canon.

Also, thread necromancy: MultiVersus being about the closest thing to new Steven Universe content we got and weirdly interesting that Garnet is very specifically unimpressed by and seems even a little hostile to Batman. Came up given my dream-fuelled brain having to remind me they have not canonically met. But it doesn't seem far off, oddly enough.

I do wonder if Batman, a powerful, but childish man who is clearly deeply damaged and hurting to a crippling and dangerous degree, scares her a little for being an example of what Steven could turn out like if things go wrong enough for him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is probably canon.

Also, thread necromancy: MultiVersus being about the closest thing to new Steven Universe content we got and weirdly interesting that Garnet is very specifically unimpressed by and seems even a little hostile to Batman. Came up given my dream-fuelled brain having to remind me they have not canonically met. But it doesn't seem far off, oddly enough.

I do wonder if Batman, a powerful, but childish man who is clearly deeply damaged and hurting to a crippling and dangerous degree, scares her a little for being an example of what Steven could turn out like if things go wrong enough for him.

Sapphire keeps seeing all the worst Batman stuff. Batman Who Laughs and etc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sapphire Saw the Killing Joke adaptation and knew there was no going back to better days.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ruby otoh thinks he kinda cool and had lots of neat stuff but is also kinda a jerk

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

garnet has scathing criticisms on how much money that could potentially be utilized by his charitable foundations goes into fancy gadgets

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Every time he spares the Joker’s life she can see exactly how many innocents he’s going to murder next week.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like I can absolutely see Steven thinking Batman is cool and Batman being genuinely respectful of Steven in a way few adults are and Garnet being like, not trying to stop them but seeing nothing good coming of Batman's influence and that's not even counting the inevitable teenage cringe. Though the teenage cringe probably doesn't help.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Do they have Estelle and Zach Callison doing the voices for the game?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Madurai posted:

Do they have Estelle and Zach Callison doing the voices for the game?

Estelle yes, Zach no- it's a young Steven soundalike, since Zach can't do that voice anymore really. But they're working on a SU Future era Steven skin which I imagine would have Zach voicing it, since they've done that for a few other skins (Cake over Jake, Uncle Shagworthy over Shaggy).

edit:

the best thing about Garnet's hate of Batman in multiversus is her lines trash-talking him are all centered around how he's rich. she doesn't just dislike Batman, she knows he's Bruce Wayne

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 3, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2Ce557DrQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sea Lily posted:

the best thing about Garnet's hate of Batman in multiversus is her lines trash-talking him are all centered around how he's rich. she doesn't just dislike Batman, she knows he's Bruce Wayne

You know, there's some possible funny parallels there given someone whose who had immense power and wealth, but took the form of an anonymous vigilante to do things they couldn't get away with otherwise. Pink Diamond anybody?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
She just sides with Two-Face.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Now I want to see Spinel specifically defeating The Joker

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You know, there's some possible funny parallels there given someone whose who had immense power and wealth, but took the form of an anonymous vigilante to do things they couldn't get away with otherwise.[/spoiler]

*nodnod*
Tiger Millionaire.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

*nodnod*
Tiger Millionaire.

Oh God, that must be why Garnet broke up the wrestling match!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That would be insensitive to Steven.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wow discountsupervillain’s still at it huh?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Rewatched Cat Fingers and Steven and the Stevens the other night.

Still tight.

WAMP WAMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm an in-home careworker part-time and my client has Steven Universe playing from beginning to end on their TV at all times and it makes work rule.