Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
If y'all are wondering about the lack of updates, Dex is moving and I only have one left on the backburner, so I'm trying to make it every other week until he's got a more stable situation going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

vdate posted:

Wait, I don't know this multi-retcon story! Dangit, Kalon! Now I'm just terribly curious.

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank is a good video game series but not one I know all the little changes of. Aside from the good series part, it's the same for me with Kingdom Hearts.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This will be the last update until Dex can find the time to sit down and do commentary again. Hopefully that'll be soon!

Episode 6 - Blargian Snagglebeast ... Uncut ... Cut

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
You'll probably show it off later, but I find it neat that you can use the Pixelizer on NPCs without murdering them.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Welcome to the other Gamestop demo level, this was also what showed that Quark's treachery is going to be much more subtle than the original.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Personally, I can not wait for whatever Insomniac does with the next one. I was going to make some joke about coming up with a play on Going Commando, but it dawned on me, they don't necessarily have to just remake Going Commando. Pretty much anything could happen between this game and Tools of Destruction, and it'd still basically make sense.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
This game needs a dedicated Mr. Zurkon button.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

White Coke posted:

This game needs a dedicated Mr. Zurkon button.
All games need a dedicated Mr. Zurkon button.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Disappointed that you didn't draw attention to Mr. Zurkon does not need bolts. Mr. Zurkon's currency is pain

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

KieranWalker posted:

Personally, I can not wait for whatever Insomniac does with the next one. I was going to make some joke about coming up with a play on Going Commando, but it dawned on me, they don't necessarily have to just remake Going Commando. Pretty much anything could happen between this game and Tools of Destruction, and it'd still basically make sense.

Up Your Arsenal would still be cool though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I kinda miss yhe cruse-ish humor of the first three R&Cs.

Bring back the crotchitizer

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda miss the tone of them; the first three and Deadlock don't take themselves as seriously or focus as much on trying to "feel" like epic adventures.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Up Your Arsenal would still be cool though

This is true.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I kinda miss yhe cruse-ish humor of the first three R&Cs.

Bring back the crotchitizer

Last Celebration posted:

I kinda miss the tone of them; the first three and Deadlock don't take themselves as seriously or focus as much on trying to "feel" like epic adventures.

Yeah, on that I can certainly agree. Not that the recent games aren't funny, but I guess I'd say they're not as comical. I won't complain too much, because they're still great, but they do lose some charm for it. Even Tools of Destruction had a goofier feel to it than this one, and it's the game what started all this epic adventure stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe Kalon would reveal the forbidden knowledge of that one weird boob glitch but decide Angela's weird history is best left uncommented upon.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe Kalon would reveal the forbidden knowledge of that one weird boob glitch but decide Angela's weird history is best left uncommented upon.

It's not that I thought it wasn't worth commenting on, it's that I didn't have enough time left in the video to explain it to Dex. I explained it afterwards.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Insomniac Games: We can't make an epic story, but we sure as gently caress can make good games.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hopefully we're back on weekly updates instead of biweekly.

Episode 7 - Billy and Mandy ... Uncut ... Cut

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
The Brain Scientist is Richard Steven Horvitz. Know for Zim, Dagget from Angry Beavers, Billy from Billy and Mandy (Go figure with the title) and Alpha 5 from Mighty Mophin Power Rangers.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0395777/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And I am now obligated to post this since mateo brought up Richard Horvitz: Yakko Warner meets Invader Zim

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can identify with that guy's desire to raise an army just to deal with the guy who steals his lunch.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I, uh, didn't know the Bouncer even existed.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Ometeotl posted:

I, uh, didn't know the Bouncer even existed.

Pre-order DLC. Only way you could have possibly gotten it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's nice to hear someone share Kalon's enthusiasm for cosmetic unlocking secret. I wonder how long the magic will last.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe Kalon's a scrub who doesn't know who Voltaire is. :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

mateo360 posted:

The Brain Scientist is Richard Steven Horvitz. Know for Zim, Dagget from Angry Beavers, Billy from Billy and Mandy (Go figure with the title) and Alpha 5 from Mighty Mophin Power Rangers.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0395777/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

And let's not forget his next-most-relevant role, Raz from Psychonauts. I'd be surprised they didn't animate the scientist kissing one of the brains as a hat-tip if the LP hadn't already hammered home how lazy most of the game is.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe Kalon's a scrub who doesn't know who Voltaire is. :v:

Please, I have four of his albums. I was just brainfarting at that point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

Please, I have four of his albums. I was just brainfarting at that point.

Shock and awe! :monocle:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oddly enough, I don't remember hitting that glitch on the bolt crank... doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I don't remember it.

Ahhh, yes, the Bouncer... mwahahah.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I preordered a PS4 Pro and this game today :toot:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This level is basically 100% filler, but eh, the game's still fun.

Episode 8 - Snow Levels ... Uncut ... Cut

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Have you since seen the movie Kalon? It's nothing groundbreaking but there's lots of references for people who've played the previous games.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Wait what the, did Batalia get merged with Hoven? Why is it an ice planet now? Like I know the remake merged the station with Quark's planet and swapped Gasper with Batalia but I was expecting them to keep Batalia a jungle planet.

Esoteric Banana
Mar 29, 2010

I hit this weird glitch on Gaspar when I was playing.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So what exactly are the differences between the two rocket launchers? Are there different uses for them?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Aww you don't keep the jetpack from the last level?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If it works like the other game with that feature there are designated pads in other planets that let you use it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

White Coke posted:

So what exactly are the differences between the two rocket launchers? Are there different uses for them?

One locks on and fires four smaller missiles at a time (upgrades can make it more) and the other one is one larger missile that does a ton of damage but you have to aim. One's better for dealing with crowds and the other is better against heavy hitters like Warbots and Telepathapuses.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

WHOOPS I FORGOT YESTERDAY WAS FRIDAY WHOOPS. WHOOPS.

Episode 9 - Nerd Patrol ... Uncut ... Cut

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

THE WEAPON VENDOR IS DANCING YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tasteful Dickpic posted: