Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm getting a PS4 and my copy of this game on Thursday :toot:

Please president Trump, don't destroy the world until after next weekend so I can at least play it for a bit :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Jungle levels are generally a good go to archtype since they'll almost always go over really well. Which is part of why I'm surprised Mario Sunshine didn't do as well as I expected it to since I love the game's setting.

Also to be fair, the evil dragons in SYotD would have their body segments stay connected even if you blasted a middle segment off too.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 6, 2016

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I'm getting a PS4 and my copy of this game on Thursday :toot:

Please president Trump, don't destroy the world until after next weekend so I can at least play it for a bit :ohdear:

Introducing Vice President Qwark. Hell of a guy let me tell you!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Or Vice President Quark who has some fantastic new ideas about Feeemale rights he'd like to put into law.

Either one would work for Trump really.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

THE WEAPON VENDOR IS DANCING YES

Speaking of which, if we're supposed to see dances, don't toss out the proton drum out too.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*In Qwark voice* I will build a great wall.

It fits!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Please, we know from experience that Qwark wouldn't settle for anything less than President.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ah, the old Zaphod Beeblebrox gambit.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Also Qwark's hands are huge. Trump would never stand for someone with such obviously superior hands as his VP.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

White Coke posted:

Also Qwark's hands are huge. Trump would never stand for someone with such so obviously superior hands as his VP.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Just here to say that there's unfortunately not going to be an update this week. Dex and I couldn't get commentary done until late Tuesday, and then yesterday a certain thing happened left me numb and not up to doing LP stuff at all. I won't be able to get it done in time for Friday. Maybe I'll stream to make up for it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's ok!

I got this game and a PS4 yesterday and I'm almost already caught up to where you are in the LP. It's so much fun!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This franchise has definitely gained a fan. But where do I go after this? The PS4 is my first Playstation console, and it looks like there's no way to play the previous games on it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
PS3 has a pretty great backlog at this point, and it alone lets you play every title barring the PSP one.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

This franchise has definitely gained a fan. But where do I go after this? The PS4 is my first Playstation console, and it looks like there's no way to play the previous games on it.

Considering this game is meant to be a reboot of the PS2 era but the PS3 era is still canon, I'd suggest looking at Playstation Now, a service that lets you stream PS3 games onto your PS4. It has A Crack In Time, which was my favorite game in the franchise until this one came out, and Into the Nexus, also a very excellent entry in the franchise.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I booted R&C up again since I got a PS4Pro and all and man, it's pretty.

Thing is, it seems to have done something weird to my progress. I'm still in new game plus but a bunch of my weapon progress and experience is lost, and not even consistently, just, this ones at level 2, this ones at level 3... I have no idea what happened.

Of course, this means I'm going to have to play the game again. No choice.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Fedule posted:

Of course, this means I'm going to have to play the game again. No choice.

oh no how horrible

There should be an update this week, hopefully!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

There is an update this week! Hooray!

Episode 10: Zurkon ... Uncut ... Cut

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
Poor Mr Zurkon, the only one with no groove

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mr Zurkon is too busy killing to dance.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I keep wanting to call Mrs. Zurkon "Mama Zurkon"

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
That dinosaur mask looks like one of those goofy masks you can buy at certain stores like the book store near where I live.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Seems like the best weapons to hotkey (hotpad?) would be Mr. Zurkon, Pixelizer, Groovitron, and whatever the equivalent of the Sheepinator is for this game.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Mr. Zurkon's only dance is a dance of death.

That's why the Groovitron doesn't work on him - he's always dancing.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I didn't update last week because of Thanksgiving and also I didn't have any commentary for any episodes after this. Now we've talked through the entire game. Hooray!

Episode 11: Puzzles ... Uncut ... Cut

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Having played the original game, I knew that Quark betraying the guys was inevitable even though the subsequent falling out between them was removed because it made Ratchet way too much of an rear end in a top hat and thus out of character with his Future self which is what his characterization in this game is based on.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Bit late on this, but you can use the d-pad to change robots when playing as Clank.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I do love that bit with Quark watching what happens and clearly having second thoughts, but realizing it's far too late.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How could you forget to recommend the best Mega Man game ever made? I am of course referring to Shovel Knight.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

EDIT: Okay, I thought this might happen eventually. I'm getting blocked because the movie footage is in the game. I'll find a suitable mirror.

EDITEDIT: I'm fighting the block with a fair use thing, so uh here they are, again.

Episode 12 - #Gadgetron ... Uncut ... Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 17, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
they seem to be working now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

mateo360 posted:

they seem to be working now.

They are until Youtube can sort out if the claimant wants to contest my fair use or not, so uh yeah, I reposted the videos.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Since they don't show the evacuation in-game (unlike the movie), you could chalk up an argument that Qwark simply believes that the planet was evacuated to ease his conscience.
This is getting into GameTheory-style over-analysis, but since the events of the game are framed as Qwark telling a story, and the series shows he's basically a habitual liar when it comes to himself and his actions, we can't always take everything he says as 100% true. Plus, he's probably not smart enough to realize just how impossible evacuating an entire planet would be, with only a few hours/days of warning and preparation; so it might be easy enough for him to delude himself.

It doesn't really change anything if the planet was inhabited or not, but it is kinda fun to imagine Qwark being haunted by his actions and mentally blocking out the truth of what happened.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And of course in Insomniac tradition, there must be sheep abuse though in the original game, the Morph-O-Ray turned enemies into chickens rather than sheep.

Fun fact, the movie establishes that the Sheepinator was invented by Nefarious which confused me when I discovered it during the LP of Up Your Arsenal. Did the movie give an explanation for it or was just as a joke?

My job requires khakis too but I actually prefer wearing khakis over regular jeans.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I used to work at a place where Casual Friday was "pay at least $5 to do jeans/whatever on Friday", but each week the money always went toward some charitable cause. So sometimes people would just pay the five bucks, and sometimes they'd pay more, because hey, charity. Last I knew, their biggest Casual Friday fundraiser was the one that went toward helping a very well-liked employee who'd been diagnosed with brain cancer. I wish more companies did stuff like that, because the look on her face when they told her it'd been their biggest ever by a fair margin was so heartwarming. :glomp:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, speaking of information that should've been told on the ride to wherever you're going, shouldn't Ratchet's whole kinda-depression have been hashed out by the time they almost got home?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, speaking of information that should've been told on the ride to wherever you're going, shouldn't Ratchet's whole kinda-depression have been hashed out by the time they almost got home?

I don't think failing to stop the destruction of an entire planet is something you can get over easily so him being depressed about said failure is much more in-character than what happened in the original game.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Both you kids need to shut up about your age, and get the hell off my lawn!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

I don't think failing to stop the destruction of an entire planet is something you can get over easily so him being depressed about said failure is much more in-character than what happened in the original game.

Thing is though, he got over it pretty fast though. Like, all it took was talking to Clank for two minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Thing is though, he got over it pretty fast though. Like, all it took was talking to Clank for two minutes or so.

I don't think it's so much that Ratchet got over it as Clank gave him the encouragement to try again and atone for his failure by making sure no other planets get destroyed.

Remember that Ratchet in this game wants to be a hero from the start. He was just inexperienced and unaware that sometimes, the hero doesn't always succeed.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 18, 2016

• Locked thread