Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
How the gently caress do you get confidence when you're apathetic to your existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

How the gently caress do you get confidence when you're apathetic to your existence?

Find your caramel center. :kiddo:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Salty Josh posted:

And... overconfident fat chicks piss me off to no end. That's pretty much the consensus from everyone here at the office as well. Don't be a douche. But more importantly, don't be a fat douche.

Yeah. I know this is incredibly shallow advice but OP if you are fat (and we don't even know if you are or not), do not try to compensate by being overly confident and a loudmouth. The only guys that will tolerate that are either severely desperate or gay.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Get really good at Dungeons and Dragons or vidyer games. If you can develop a paper bag fetish that will help too. I heard something on the Internet about some exercising and eating right but eh...

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

Someone will settle for me if they have literally no other choice... As meat's meat and a mans gotta nut. That is a really uplifting perspective, thank you Salty Josh

I hope that wasn't all you took from that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
When it becomes time to couple up, most people will consciously or unconsciously try to find someone about as attractive as they are.

Unfortunately until that time good looking guys like me will plow young ugly chicks on the side . Sorry.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You find confidence in the fact that none of this loving matters so do what you want

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Then you drink yourself to death

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Well then why do you care

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Salty Josh posted:

I hope that wasn't all you took from that.

I think she called you out pretty well.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
OP i hate being ugly too. Let's be crazy cat ladies together

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Then you drink yourself to death

its harder than u think

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'll take any ugly goonettes out for coffee if they want. I even have a couple cats you can meet and I promise not to murder you.

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

i like that posted:

Wearing makeup is not something I feel right doing. Am I to sacrifice my convictions to appease a vain patriarchal world? Maybe it is time; how nice positive attention and interest must feel...

Ugly non-wealthy men can always get by and find an average-looking woman that loves them. No men have fought for the love of an unattractive woman. Alas,

Assuming you are real....you don't have to wear makeup if you don't want to. Except for getting dressed up and going out, I don't wear makeup*. I don't like the effort/cost/way it feels on my face. I still get good looking guys HOWEVER, this was after I fixed my doofy haircut, ill-fitting clothes and crippling social anxiety (and I have rad skin). If you want people to be attracted to you, unfortunately you have to BE attractive. Wearing makeup isn't the only way.

*Okay okay, I will sometimes put on a bit of natural-coloured lipstick/stain on if I can be arsed. It makes a huge difference to your face and you cant really feel it on your lips.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Have goons even heard the terms 'parody' and 'satire'?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

To the OP.

Don't post a pic.

I'm not like some stud, but I don't recall even loving an ugly girl/chick/lady. Even the ... not superfine honeys have had personalities/nice faces/ bods etc. Sometimes it's not all about the the superficial looks. Guys just want both. Like a sweet video game with really good graphics.

I guess you're in the USA. I hope you're not in LA. If your're smart some dude will find you attractive!

I am so not into dumb chicks. OK? So, that gives you leeway.

/[E/N]

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

i like that posted:

Ugly non-wealthy men can always get by and find an average-looking woman that loves them. No men have fought for the love of an unattractive woman. Alas,
ahahahahaahahahahahaha

Well played OP. Nice troll long-game, but it fell apart at this post.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Sapper posted:

RE: Makeup vs Natural Look

NO woman looks better without makeup than she does with (properly done) makeup. None. Nada.Especially the ones you see on TV/magazine covers.

If someone tells you you look better without makeup, one of three things is occurring:

1. You've gone past "makeup" to "Clown Paint"/"Camouflage for the Whore Wars". Tone it down a bit, Tammy Faye.

2. If the person saying it is male:
A.) He's a loving idiot, and has never seen an attractive woman without *any* makeup. In this case, "Natural" means just a touch of foundation, natural lip stick/stain, and a little bit of mascara, just enough to accentuate the eyes.
-OR-
B.) He's trying to get into your pants. If he's already in your pants, it means he's tired of waiting 3 loving HOURS TO LEAVE! JESUS TITTYFUCKIN' CHRIST, WE'RE JUST GOING TO THE GODDAMNED GROCERY STORE, WOMAN!

3. If the person saying it is female:
A.) She's a jealous bitch who's thinks you're a threat to her desirability, and is trying to trick you into making yourself less attractive.
-OR-
B.) She's your mother, and she's trying to keep you single. And/or she's a jealous bitch who thinks you're a threat to her desirability.

Just wanted to quote this post again for posterity.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

omg i'm 29 and i've been a baseball fan since i was a child, i hope dudes at mets games aren't looking at me like i'm some sort of maneating hog :ohdear:

YeahTubaMike, I remember you from like 10 years ago.

I love black chicks. They don't need makeup.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i turned into a beautiful swan who looks 10yrs younger than reality

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Do I need to bear the cross as I'm in my mid twenties? Do I need to wait almost a decade for my average looks to become appreciated?

Where can women meet men that wont murder them?

hello

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
So one time I dated a girl who made all of my friends go "dude why are you with her?"

She was kinda thick, very nerdy, and had a... unique face. I don't think I would have approached her on my own.

Here's the trick, though: SHE approached ME. She started the conversation, set the time/date, and got the ball rolling. I accepted because hey, nothing to lose, and it turned out she was a really good person with a lot of shared interests. Then things developed from there.

Granted we broke up a few years later because of circumstances in life, but overall I still have a lot of good memories from it and would rather date someone like her again than any of the more attractive ones. Turns out, a lot of attractive women can be reeeaaally hosed up, and not in a fun way.

Personality matters quite a bit, but sometimes you've just got to break down the wall first.

And a really nice rear end helps too. Forgot that part.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Women are kind of pussies when you think about it, having to put on makeup to get any cock

Gays don't need it, they get plethora of cock without makeup. Why can't women be more like gays

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

HoboTech posted:

So one time I dated a girl who made all of my friends go "dude why are you with her?"

She was kinda thick, very nerdy, and had a... unique face. I don't think I would have approached her on my own.

Here's the trick, though: SHE approached ME. She started the conversation, set the time/date, and got the ball rolling. I accepted because hey, nothing to lose, and it turned out she was a really good person with a lot of shared interests. Then things developed from there.

Granted we broke up a few years later because of circumstances in life, but overall I still have a lot of good memories from it and would rather date someone like her again than any of the more attractive ones. Turns out, a lot of attractive women can be reeeaaally hosed up, and not in a fun way.

Personality matters quite a bit, but sometimes you've just got to break down the wall first.

And a really nice rear end helps too. Forgot that part.

You dated an ugly fat chick for several years?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Ugly fat chicks can be chill af don't judge.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
pick a subculture and go shopping

that really annoying super-pointy eyebrow thing a lot of goth women do distracts from a lot

titties covered in mesh do the rest

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

List ur hot gently caress dude. Like you have even been near pussy.

:lol:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

pick a subculture and go shopping

that really annoying super-pointy eyebrow thing a lot of goth women do distracts from a lot

titties covered in mesh do the rest

Pro tier advice.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:laffo:

Every time someone mentions just a touch of make up, diet, or exercise the OP responds with it just doesn't "feel right" or some other equally lovely excuse.

For me, it just doesn't "feel right" to date a girl that's not willing to do anything to make herself more attractive when there is no shortage of women who are willing to put forth effort into getting a guy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It doesn't feel right to me to have to exercise or shave my beard so it's not a raggity eyesore but I do it. How that for some mansplaining.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Safety Scissors posted:

Every time someone mentions just a touch of make up, diet, or exercise the OP responds with it just doesn't "feel right" or some other equally lovely excuse.

For me, it just doesn't "feel right" to date a girl that's not willing to do anything to make herself more attractive when there is no shortage of women who are willing to put forth effort into getting a guy.
Excuse me!? Who the gently caress are you to tell her what to do with sher body?! Literally all women are beautiful with or without effort.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Scissors posted:

Hey retard I posted I was thin and fit before ITT. People still keep giving me stupid advice about losing weight.

The makeup thing has nothing to do with effort btw

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Have you tried various popular MMO communities?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

i like that posted:

Hey retard I posted I was thin and fit before ITT. People still keep giving me stupid advice about losing weight.

if your ethin and fit then i guess you must have a really repulsive personality

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Mange Mite posted:

a really repulsive personality

How is that not a pro?

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

i like that posted:

So do you just suck at makeup? Like, no matter what you do, it comes out looking like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show?

Because there's plenty of tutorials out there. It's something that comes with practice.

Really, doesn't matter how ugly you are. If this chick can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9EF-r4LMUI, then even the most hideous bush pig can make herself look attractive with some skill and practice. It's camouflage. You're hiding the ugly. Unless you've got a hideous pulsing granuloma growing off the side of your face...and even then, with some clever shading...

Sure, it's a bait and switch, not unlike water bras, but it's part of the game and is expected. The key is making that first impression. When he sees you the morning after, it's already too late.

(I've come to the realization I know way too much about makeup. I blame my wife.)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Abs on ladies are woefully underrated. RIP Feminine Beauty thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wicker Man posted:

Abs on ladies are woefully underrated. RIP Feminine Beauty thread.

But then, where will the baby go that I knock into them?

That or the baby is gonna have a weird pleated pattern.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

VendaGoat posted:

But then, where will the baby go that I knock into them?

That or the baby is gonna have a weird pleated pattern.

On the other hand....more armor for babby :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

if your ethin and fit then i guess you must have a really repulsive personality

No. She's a nice and intelligent girl that just happens to retort with generic insults and the slightest bit of provocation.

• Locked thread