Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Scott Snyder is loving obsessed with the Joker. He's specifically writing a series around Batman's other villains at the moment but he's already telegraphed that it's all culminating in a big Joker reveal in the end. Give it a loving rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Toxxupation posted:

Let's all dunk on how loving terrible Batman Annual 1 from N52 was. gently caress that's a terrible comic. Snyder's Mr. Freeze is the worst.

He's pretty loving edgy though.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

SonicRulez posted:

That list is way too harsh on Batfleck and not harsh enough on Burton and Nolan. I don't know if Batman Beyond refers to Terry or Old Bruce, but either way they're wrong.

And putting the shooter on there is in really poor taste.

Snyder Batfleck belongs right down the bottom of any batman list. He spends the entire movie literally murdering people with guns.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
So the DC app on iPad just put up a Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles volume 1 collection. Dumb fun or just dumb? Worth checking out or nah?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Stop talking about the Ninja Turtles drat you I just bought the Batman / TMNT collection because of this :argh:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'm looking for new stuff to read. Is it the whole new 52 Batman and Robin that's worth checking out or only parts?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'm catching up on the new52 Batman and Robins as per the threads suggestion. I'm at Death of the Family and Jesus Christ the face cut off Joker is a terrible take on the character. Needless gore constantly too. Yuck.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I've got a question about the new Detective Comics that I'm going to spoiler because it involves the very end of the issue:

Where is Tim? Who has him? Is it something I'd know about if I kept up with Justice League or something? Or doesn't anyone know?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Batman doesn't kill people because it's morally wrong to kill people, guys. If a character can't do a thing for the sole reason that it's not the right thing to do, superhero comics might not be your thing.

There's also a couple of in-universe justifications for why Batman doesn't kill people that we've missed. Snyder's Joker is also immortal. Batman couldn't kill him even if he wanted to. Gordon shoots him and he comes right back.

And in Hush, Loeb brings up the pragmatic justification, which is that Gordon shuts Batman down if he steps over that line.

Wasn't he only immortal temporarily because of the Lazarus Pit or whatever?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The whole question of whether or not Batman should kill is a distraction. Batman kills and always has killed.

Batman killed in his first story, and continues to kill. Every time he gets into fisticuffs with criminals, he is likely to kill them or leave them with injuries that kill them eventually (whether in the next few hours or in decades). He regularly forces people into life-and-death situations, like exchanges of gunfire, risking the lives of everyone around him. He also drags children into these situations. He has indirectly caused people to get themselves killed.

The no-kill rule is just a fiction intended to make him friendlier. The problem is that people have internalized it, to the point of holding it up as a half-assed moral precept. This causes some doublethink. The healthy thing to do is to admit that you enjoy stories about a violent vigilante dressed as a bat.

You're dumb and wrong.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Travis343 posted:

Bravestoflamps.txt

"CRIMINALS CARRYING GUNS ARE FORCED INTO FIREFIGHTS BY A DUDE WHO TRIES TO PUNCH THEM!!! AMERIIIIIICAAAAAAA RUUUUUUULES!!!!

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
The Victim Syndicate reminds me of the world's greatest ever team of villains:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

purple death ray posted:

This was actually an incident that happens in I think issue #1 of B&R where they chase a car full of bank robbers or something and they end up driving into some kind of nuclear waste that mutates them all into one monster, 80s sci fi movie style.

Batman & Robin is so loving good.

Damian purposely made them blow up didn't he?!

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'm just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhIRbLHVD8o&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I really enjoyed the Batman arc that just finished. I was a bit unsure two issues in but I thought it came together really well.

• Locked thread