Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I just had a dream where the next Detective Comics came out and Tim Drake totally doesn't die. He gets saved by Apollo I think. Everyone then goes chill on the beach and Clayface complains about the sand and scares some children. Stephanie sounds like Tracer from Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Is it just me or has this Monster Men event been really entertaining? Seeing the entire team in coordinated action taking down giant monsters over multiple issues...it's like every book is Detective Comics right now!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

JvR

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Okay I caught up on Batman today and...like...I'm sorry but I feel like this is going to end up one of those stories where everyone is in on the punchline but I just don't get it.

Why should I care about Bane? Why is he dangerous? Why is he cool? Why is he a threat to Batman? Everyone is loving browning their pants over him in this book and yet he hasn't been shown doing...anything powerful at all except punching things really hard? It'd be interesting if he's been able to come up with really jawdropping methods of taking on Batman and the entire rest of Gotham but the only thing he does is punch things! Like, what the hell? Batman can't contend with someone who punches really hard? What am I not getting here? I can't possibly conceive of three Robins losing to this aggro weirdo, much less Batman himself.

And I know that it's better for series and franchises and characters to keep to their lanes, so Batman can't just call the Justice League for every problem he has, but they seriously ramp up how big of a loving deal it is that Bane is coming for Batman...and then they show Superman taking an interest...and then just brush off like "It's not your fight" or whatever, which is so lame. Yeah, we wouldn't want literally anyone in the League showing up and completely flattening Bane now, would we? Like, forget Flash or the GLs...what's Bane gonna do against Cyborg? Punch more?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

After that last issue and all the themes thereof, I wouldn't mind "The Shadow" as her new codename...though I can't possibly imagine DC owning rights to that name.

Shadowbat? Shadowgirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Detective Comics #965 preview seems to indicate that Tim Drake absolutely did start as Robin now, and that post-Crisis events happened pretty much exactly as they did before.

If...y'know...that sort of thing matters to anyone. :allears:

• Locked thread