Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ryoshi posted:

If I have read Batman RIP, Final Crisis, and Batman Incorporated, what is the best way to proceed with Morrison's bat-universe? I'm also specifically wondering if there's anything that covers Bruce getting thrown back in time or whatever at the end of Crisis.

Go back and read Batman and Son/The Black Glove, and then move on with Batman and Robin/Return of Bruce Wayne. Return specifically covers Bruce fighting his way forward through time (but maybe he shouldn't! Dramatic chord!) Goddamn Hyper-Adapter, love that thing.

You basically skipped the whole beginning, and jumped a bit too far ahead after FC with Incorporated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

You also need to read that section of Batman that covers what the hell he was doing in the leadup to and during Final Crisis, Batman 682-684 (Last Rites) and Batman 700-702 (Missing Chapter).

Man Morrison couldn't have made the entirety of Batman's arc during Final Crisis more confusing to comprehend if he loving tried.
Luckily Last Rites is included in the newest versions of the FC trade, in the right spot.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Morrison's best Batman story, and indeed the best Batman story ever written is Batman R.I.P.

Come on. Fight me.
Shame it had Tony Daniel on art. -10 points!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Do people generally not like Battle for the Cowl? I never see anyone talk about it. I really like Dick's monologue at the end.
It's the definition of inessential.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Final Crisis isn't that loving complicated, geez you guys.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Eh.... I love Brave and the Bold, but Batman wasn't even the best part of that show.

B'Wana Beast, forever in our hearts :rip:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Can't believe I forgot that one. Especially after all the recent controversy.

Looks like you may have had a Thrilling Stroke!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Batman: Black and White sold quite well, thank you very much.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Zero Year is getting played. What on Earth is Year 100? The adventures of Damian's grandchild?

Paul Pope rocking it, that's what it is.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

When will the forgotten villain craze reach the Breyfogle era and bring back Cornelius Stirk? Hopefully never.
It's the Tally Man's time to shine!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

Wasn't he used a time or two within the last five years or so? I was really surprised how happy I was to see Punch and Jewelee. They're right up there with the Atomic Family as obscure characters I'd love to see used in a modern context.
In one of the early issues of Karl Kesel's Harley Quinn, Jewelee is one of the gals invited to Harley's party, and he writes her quite well.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 20, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The first episode of Telltale's Batman is free at the moment.

Downloading!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is kind of amazing how writers are still struggling to write a good Bane when it was perfectly defined on his first mayor appearance after Knightfall
What, did he run against the Penguin? :v:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

You probably wouldn't like Batgirl since they made her a minority, and Chuck Dixon stories are all interchangeable, so just pick whichever character you like best. Nightwing gets raped, so I imagine you'd appreciate that to post on /r/redpill.
:eng101: That occurred during the Devin Grayson run!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I still don't understand why Azrael 2 and Red Hood, violent amputating murderers, get to be on team Batman but the original Azrael was supposed to be a monster who must be stopped because he kinda cut people sometimes.

JP did kill that one guy, but yeah, Jason is a million times worse.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

He didn't kill him, he just didn't save him.

True, I forgot the specifics. Didn't a hostage die too?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

He ran away from ghosts yelling at him.

We've all been there.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Things can be dark without necessarily being grim
That's pretty drat grim.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Jokes v Riddles

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The first chapter of The Button sure wasn't what I was expecting (I'm not exactly sure what that would have been, but it wasn't that!). It was pretty drat cool, though!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

Oh my god. That last issue of Batman was fantastic!!

Well why don't you marry it!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is Robin a thing you can still be in your mid to late 20s now?

EXCUSE ME he is Red Robin

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I am a slow comics reader, so I finally just got to reading Dark Days: The Forge. I'm certainly interested as to what Snyder has had percolating for apparently so long, and the reveal of what was in the Fortress of Solitude was pretty great. Carter's journal narration was way too overly vague and kind of simply frustrating to read, as it was pretty clear he wasn't going to say anything of actual importance, but just pussyfoot around the edges of useful information throughout the issue. I enjoyed Hal and Duke's interaction more than I thought I would, too. I'm not quite clear what the reading order situation for this series is (is it an ongoing? 12-issue mini?), so I'll probably just read whatever issues Snyder pens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I am one of like six people who loved the original Azbats costume so I'm excited about this

It's a fantastic costume!

• Locked thread