Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's a difference between early BTAS and late JLU too.

Yeah, there used to be a more clear distinction between his Bruce voice and Batman voice. Although it could be argued that that was a character choice considering how his personality became more "Batman" through the course of the DCAU resulting in grumpy rear end in a top hat old Bruce in Batman Beyond who says he refers himself as Batman in his thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

SonicRulez posted:

Yes, none of that addresses "coward" or "cynic". The only two objections I raised. You ignored both. I'd hardly call "It wouldn't be worth it because I don't think it will be" smart or pragmatic.

That seems harsh on Bats. Tons of cops and guards have had Joker at gunpoint. No court would convict them. Anyone could kill Joker. They all choose not to. And this rabbit hole is why this question does not work.

Yeah, I've always thought the bigger question is "why hasn't the state given Joker the death penalty?"

Want that actually Nolan's in universe answer for where the Joker was in TDKR? He got executed between films.

• Locked thread