Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Morrison [...] best Batman story ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBAijg5Betw

Jokes aside, if we're just saying best Batman stories period without limiting it to comic first, one of my favorite (maybe all-time favorite?) Batman stories is Batman Beyond Return Of The Joker. That poo poo rules.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

He is an incredibly smart, creative and unpredictable adversary, but Snyder especially writes him as this hypergenius who's constantly one step ahead and isn't smart so much as he is supernaturally aware of what's going on and not creative so much as increasingly, artlessly violent. This character needs an enema, to borrow a phrase from a much better written Joker.

Well it's not like Morrison wrote him as incompetent so Snyder was just following suit. But hell it's not Morrison's fault either, Joker's been slowly amped up to be the Best Villain Ever™ by a looooong string of writers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
All I know is that if anyone says they like Grant Morrison making Joker some weird hyper aware mastermind who knows Batman keeps changing but doesn't like Snyder making Batman cognizant of the fact that his hosed up universe will conjure an even-worse villain if Joker's gone, then you're a hypocrite. I mean they're very very close to the same thing.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 12, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

I agree, Detective was a lot of fun, and the old Red Robin costume is probably the worst costume design of the last ten years.

I hate to agree with D_T, but silly though those wings may have been, at least the N52 Red Robin costume was distinctive, rather than his new look of Robin with an extra R on the logo, or his pre-Flashpoint look of "Hey is that Dr. Mid-Nite oh no wait it's Tim"

e: oh poo poo I didn't see how old the post I was responding to was, nevermind ignore me.

• Locked thread