Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
The issue was... interesting.

I don't know what to make of an obvious analog of Alan Moore, the creator and "father" of Swamp Man, being literally shot in the head in the first page -- in a story that immediately follows a story that's a prologue to Doomsday Clock, where they're divisively bringing the Watchmen into the DC Universe. Is it a statement? And if so, what's it saying? You could read it as critical of DC's decision to murder Moore's legacy, or an acknowledgement of killing the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Honestly it preoccupied me the whole way through the book. I kind of liked the story, thought it was maybe trying to be quirky in a way that came off a little stiff in places. But I couldn't stop thinking about that first page, especially after reading this back to back with Flash 22.

e: I'd post the page but I'm not at home at the minute, but look it up. I guess... I really don't know what the statement is.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

"If you don't buy this magazine we'll kill Alan Moore."

• Locked thread