Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

That Mask is so so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Really don't get how anyone could have looked at that mask and thought. Yeah that is better then an Ebony Skull.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SMP posted:

Hush is probably the single worst villain in Batman's gallery. Writers (and Snyder in particular) need to stop making villains with personal ties to Bruce Wayne. Snyder alone has made Two-Face a childhood friend of Bruce's, Lincoln March as Bruce's "brother", and gave Alfred his own supervillain from the past. You could maybe count the Riddler and Freeze working for the company as well. There are no good or interesting angles to be taken there anymore.

Harvey works better a modren friend of Bruces not a childhood one. (Which was already taken by Black Mask, then Hush. And now some stories do it to Penguin)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SMP posted:

Good god when was Black Mask a childhood friend?

His first appearance in Batman #386, 1985 which described his origin.

And yeah like Public Works said Roman's Parents hated Bruce's but forced him to befriend Bruce despite Roman not being fond of Bruce himself. Roman was also jealous of Bruce when his parents died as Roman hated his parents.

In the main comic Roman becomes Black Mask and a criminal after he felt Bruce humiliated him. And mainly stuck to attacking Wayne employees and Bruce in his debut, before he became a full on crime lord. (He was also a lot crazier in his starting stories.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy posted:

And yeah like Public Works said Roman's Parents hated Bruce's but forced him to befriend Bruce despite Roman not being fond of Bruce himself. Roman was also jealous of Bruce when his parents died as Roman hated his parents.

Also this part is pretty much exactly the same as Hush's Backstory. So Hush ripped off Black Mask wholesale.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

he never saw him as nothing more than a villain.

Most people still do. And I preferred him that way (Or Dead).

The fact that Batman tolerates and is willing to work with him is pretty much unfathomable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at Gordan not having a mustache and that idiot haircut in Superheavy.

I think Barbara upon seeing him is just like. "Grow it back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

catlord posted:

I believe it was Arkham Asylum that introduced the idea. I'm pretty sure AA was never canon, so why that's the one thing people took from it is beyond me. Well, I guess that if they'd taken Clayface as disease it would have been a extremely radical reinterpretation that would have made for a very divergent character evolution, but frankly it's the more interesting option.

I am pretty sure he was not a pedophile in AA just deranged and obsessive.

• Locked thread