Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

haitfais posted:

He had Azzarello helping him with writing an Kubert helping with art.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kubert and Miller's art is separated, though. They aren't trying to pretend like he has any part in drawing the main story.

edit: As far as I've read. I haven't cracked the final issue.

Yeah, Kubert and Azzarello are helping with the main feature. The backups are all Miller. Those pages I posted are from the backup.

Anyways, I got caught up with Bane Conquest and while it does have some issues is the best take on Bane in years. The best part is that is mostly ignoring King's bullshit.

Dixon writes a really nuanced Bane that is equally brawls and brain that can finally go five minutes without telling he will break you. Dixon also brings back the begrudgingly respect Bruce and Bane have for each other and lets them work together for a common goal. Nothing of the macho "I'm better than you" bullshit that other writers force on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/883396187809751040

Now this looks interesting

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/AMartinezBueno/status/885803791794270211

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/885640242404798464

Welp.

Oh and is Azbats Tynion :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 14, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I just realized that the guy responsible for bringing Jason Todd back to life is fuckin' Judd from The Real World.

I hate Under The Red Hood a lot but knowing that the Judd Winick who pitched and wrote that is the same guy who was on the forefront of AIDS education because of the reality tv show he was on makes that go down a lot better.

Fun fact.

Winnick never planned for Jason's return to be a permanent thing. He only used him on UtRH because he thought it would be a neat idea to have him Jason be a villain and was completely baffled at his popularity. It was editorial that kept Jason around and despite Winnick going back and writing a few more stories with Jason, he never saw him as nothing more than a villain.

The Red Hood most people are familiar with these days is pretty much all Lobdell.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Most people still do. And I preferred him that way (Or Dead).

The fact that Batman tolerates and is willing to work with him is pretty much unfathomable.

Not really. People who still see him as a murderer are the minority now. For the rest he's the snarky jerk with a heart of gold of the Batfamily with a dash of cool dad thanks to his current relationship with Bizarro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

But he does murder people, it's his whole gimmick.

Even in the series you like!

He hasn't killed anyone on Rebirth.

• Locked thread