Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh jeez the rest of that preview reads awfully. Way to speak ill of the dead, Alfred! I guess that in the New 52 Crime Alley was always called that even before the Waynes took that fateful stroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Where does the Telltale Batman fit on that list?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Travis343 posted:

Non-Rocksteady Video Game Batman.

Man, after Scruffy's LPs, I think the Rocksteady Batman should go down a fair few places.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

WickedHate posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Batman statue $5000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

:golfclap:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

fadam posted:

I haven't read all of them, but this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786419&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post463148664 has some great suggestions.

It's sort of cheating because its not Bruce Wayne, but Morrison's run of Batman and Robin (1-16 of Volume 1) where Dick Grayson takes over as Batman is terrific.

Batman: Gates of Gotham is a also a great 'Batman without Bruce Wayne' story. It sucks that Flashpoint derailed what seemed like an interesting status quo (I'm talking about Cass being back in Gotham, teaming up with Tim & Damian, here). gently caress you, Barry Allen! :argh:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Shookies posted:

Tim is back? Tim is BACK! Oh man, I will now buy my first DC comic in a few years!

It always made me mad that when Batman died in Final Crisis, Tim was the only character who was like "no way, I'm gonna find him some how". Superman, Dick, everyone was like "we didn't look for one second, even knowing all the possibilities in multiple universes, we just know he is gone."

So Tim does his detective job, runs Wayne Enterprises, deals with all sorts of stuff (Ra's, Damian, Batgirl) and everyone keeps making GBS threads on him. The first person that actually believes in him is Connor Kent (Adventure Comics #3 http://youarecomicscomicsblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-dogs-life.html)

Tim finally reunites with Bruce only for DC to give him the N52/"NEW LOBO" treatment a month or two later.

Also, Wally is the best Flash.

Yeah, that whole era of the Batfamily was amazing.

I wanted to see where Snyder was going if not for the Nu52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

FilthyImp posted:

DC shpuld capitalize on the Marvelization of the DCEU and release an Elseworlds series that just writes out what the original grim films would be like.

I meant Scott Snyder after Gates of Gotham, with Cass possibly coming back to Gotham and maybe getting together with Tim, among other things.

• Locked thread