Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NikkolasKing posted:

So I have a question. I grew up with the DCAU,
What I'm asking is, what are the best stories that focus on their relationship where Bruce realizes how lucky he actually is?

There was a great Gotham Nights storyline (sometime after No Man's Land and just before the Bruce Wayne: Fugitive era. So late 90's early 2000)
During the story Alfred gets really badly sick from cleaning up all that guano in the Batcave.
The Bat family all reflect on how much Alfred means to them. It was really sweet.

It also features a B plot about a social worker investigating Jason Todds death which is hindered when Cassandra Cain has to pretend to be Billionaire Bruce Wayne current girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I always thought that Tim chasing after Batman as not being dead was a bad story.
Like the idea of him being on a crusade when everyone says he's wrong is fine.

But his result was "I searched over the world and I found this cave painting. HE MUST BE ALIVE!"
Instead of it prooving that Tim was the world's greatest detective, it felt like he had read the solution to a puzzle game. And was desparetly trying to convince everyone else how he was "just solving it with all the clues man. I'm not cheating."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

Isn't running "ze papa test" one of the first things Batman AKA World's Greatest Detective did?

This is comics. I'm sure that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were categorically proven to be Magnetos kids.

Then in Axis they weren't because inverted Scarlet Witch cast a spell to kill Magneto's children. And when it did nothing to her and Quicksilver that was taken as proof they weren't his kids. Or something.

Now all that being said, now that Disney got back the X-Men rights, I expect Magneto will be their dad again.

• Locked thread