Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Madkal posted:

If we are going to talk about some deep cuts for best Batman stories (ie not KJ, DKR, or Y1), these are my picks:
Not going to quote the whole post but these are awesome recommendations. Well worth reading for anyone look for some great Batman books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

During the recent DC trade sale on Comixology I tried to grab everything that I thought was tied up in the Grant Morrison Batman run, and I'm now trying to figure out the best reading order, given that I have all this in trades and I'm not that interested in trying to assemble an issue-by-issue reading order. If I read everything I bought in this order:

Batman and Son
The Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul
Batman RIP
Final Crisis
Batman and Robin Vol. 1
Batman and Robin Vol. 2
Batman and Robin Vol. 3
Time and the Batman
The Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman Incorporated Vol. 1
Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes!
Batman Incorporated (New 52) Vol. 1
Batman Incorporated (New 52) Vol. 2

Will that be good enough? I recognize it probably isn't perfect, but I'd prefer to avoid buying anything else if at all possible.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm going to be wrapping up the rest of the pre-New 52 Morrison run in the next few days and moving on to the two New 52 Batman Inc series, so I guess I'm in for a good time. I remember trying to read Batman Inc. around the beginning of the New 52, but that was the literal start of my reading comics, so I bounced off it pretty hard after an issue or two.

• Locked thread